Unofficial Preview Changes V Saints RD 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hippy did us a solid this week but back to the forwards next week assuming Andrews is okay.
I think Hippy will get in Andrews way if he stays in defense.

Out Smith in Andrews.
Brain over McKenna but that could go either way sub wise. Answerth a chance to replace one of them.

Prior retains his spot with his solid performance.

It's a no Brainer this week.

Out- Henry Smith.

In- Harris Andrews.

McKenna sub again.

The Saints have been very good lately, need to clamp down on Wanganeen-Milera and Jack Sinclair.

Hippy did us a solid this week but back to the forwards next week assuming Andrews is okay.
I think Hippy will get in Andrews way if he stays in defense.

Out Smith in Andrews.
Brain over McKenna but that could go either way sub wise. Answerth a chance to replace one of them.

Prior retains his spot with his solid performance.
Not sure Answerth has regained form in vfl yet, injuries didn’t help. Bruce and Fort were the only two that impressed me. Could see Bruce coming in for Brain, Prior or McKenna. I hope for McKenna if it happens.

Does Joyce play? If so would replace the unfortunate Prior.

I’d be bringing in Bruce for McKenna. I think Connor needs a full game in the 2nds to find some form.

We’ve got a few players than could hold down that sub role… Sharpe, Bruce, Brain, McKenna, Dev. And I think it should be rotated so players don’t miss out on a full game repeatedly.

The sub is a tough call and role. Only Bruce and Shadaeu, I feel, have had an impact this season when subbed in. Many others have struggled to get into the game or been way off the pace of the game when they’ve come on.
Agree with others the McKenna need a vfl run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harris for smith
Bruce for McKenna

McKenna needs to be playing full games or doing a training block. Sub for him is a big no.
I'm not convinced a training block is the solution for McKenna. Watching him closely on Saturday, I think he's just taking too long to decide what to do with the ball. He needs to shave half a second from the time he's taking at the moment, because that is giving the opposition time to tackle, smother or cover his options.

I'm concerned that during the finals, when the pressure goes up 50%, he will cost us badly.

In Fagan we trust - we know he doesn't like making changes and we know he likes to keep his best team together and 'trusts' his players even when they are down on form.

I agree with others - Harris for Smith

I thought Prior was really good and if it was me, given our injuries down back I'd keep him is and get him up to pace for the finals.

Bruce, Brain, McKenna whom do we trust the most- it's pretty even so I think of Fagan and his 'trust' and McKenna gets the shot.

In Fagan we trust - we know he doesn't like making changes and we know he likes to keep his best team together and 'trusts' his players even when they are down on form.

I agree with others - Harris for Smith

I thought Prior was really good and if it was me, given our injuries down back I'd keep him is and get him up to pace for the finals.

Bruce, Brain, McKenna whom do we trust the most- it's pretty even so I think of Fagan and his 'trust' and McKenna gets the shot.

No King this week for Saints and they're all be medium forwards so Prior would go well against them.

No Windbag either so Neale will have a bit more freedom + mids should get on top. Ashcroft will be another addition who wasn't there when we played Saints in Round 14.

No King this week for Saints and they're all be medium forwards so Prior would go well against them.

No Windbag either so Neale will have a bit more freedom + mids should get on top. Ashcroft will be another addition who wasn't there when we played Saints in Round 14.
No way Ross lets Lachie run around Scott free, just can’t see that happening.
Wonder if we could consider giving Harris another week off, if for nothing else, than to keep him fresh for what’s to come.
Saints are only reasonably short in their forward line so we could run with the same backline, all bar sending Hippy back forward for Smith and McKenna into the 22 and Reville as Sub.
Just a thought 💭

No way Ross lets Lachie run around Scott free, just can’t see that happening.
Wonder if we could consider giving Harris another week off, if for nothing else, than to keep him fresh for what’s to come.
Saints are only reasonably short in their forward line so we could run with the same backline, all bar sending Hippy back forward for Smith and McKenna into the 22 and Reville as Sub.
Just a thought 💭

We'll be too short if Hipwood doesn't play in backline and there'll be a tall defender missing.

Wilmot, Zorko, Starce, Lester, McKenna would be a difficult backline to handle high ball. Owens, Caminiti and Sharman all have a decent leap and marking ability, you need a tall of ours able to spoil those alongside Lester.

No King but they certainly have aerial threats.

Cooper Sharman 193cm coming off career best reform.

Membrey is incredibly listed at 188cm but clearly plays as a tall

Caminiti 196cm

Mitch Owens is 191cm but has played ruck so gives you an idea of his leap

Maybe we could do:

Harris to Caminity

Lester to Sharman

Prior to Membrey (Membrey is very strong so Prior could work)

Brain to Owens

Assuming no Joyce, i think either Hipwood is back again or Brain plays. Brain can play tall.

BUT having said all that, it was Higgins, Henry and Butler who hurt us most last time. Henry is injured, so Higgins needs the lock-down treatment. I think Wilmot would actually be excellent at it as Higgins is so fast and nimble, suspect Starce gets the job, anyone remember who got Higgins last time? Cause it didn't work!

No Windhager - as others have said Neale will get some form of tag, but might not be as good.

The player we absolutely have to lockdown on is Wanganeen-Milera, and i would go with Ah Chee.

Hill also needs attention - Maybe a Berry wing job?

Selection i would go Harris for Smith - with Hipwood to play forward, and Prior to be one of 4 'tallish' defenders.

Bruce the clear standout from the 2s so he goes in for McKenna who plays 2s.

We'll be too short if Hipwood doesn't play in backline and there'll be a tall defender missing.

Wilmot, Zorko, Starce, Lester, McKenna would be a difficult backline to handle high ball. Owens, Caminiti and Sharman all have a decent leap and marking ability, you need a tall of ours able to spoil those alongside Lester.
yep, and Membrey!

Shame we get St Kilda in great form again, would be really nice to have an easy game. What a season overall though, any team can win on their day...well except Richmond.

Shame we get St Kilda in great form again, would be really nice to have an easy game. What a season overall though, any team can win on their day...well except Richmond.
I don’t think we want an easy game now to be honest.
Easy games can breed bad habits, we don’t want that.

I think we have only had two "easy" games all season. North and Richmond. The rest have been pretty tough, with the only comfortable win coming against Port because we played incredibly

No King but they certainly have aerial threats.

Cooper Sharman 193cm coming off career best reform.

Membrey is incredibly listed at 188cm but clearly plays as a tall

Caminiti 196cm

Mitch Owens is 191cm but has played ruck so gives you an idea of his leap

Maybe we could do:

Harris to Caminity

Lester to Sharman

Prior to Membrey (Membrey is very strong so Prior could work)

Brain to Owens

Assuming no Joyce, i think either Hipwood is back again or Brain plays. Brain can play tall.

BUT having said all that, it was Higgins, Henry and Butler who hurt us most last time. Henry is injured, so Higgins needs the lock-down treatment. I think Wilmot would actually be excellent at it as Higgins is so fast and nimble, suspect Starce gets the job, anyone remember who got Higgins last time? Cause it didn't work!

No Windhager - as others have said Neale will get some form of tag, but might not be as good.

The player we absolutely have to lockdown on is Wanganeen-Milera, and i would go with Ah Chee.

Hill also needs attention - Maybe a Berry wing job?

Selection i would go Harris for Smith - with Hipwood to play forward, and Prior to be one of 4 'tallish' defenders.

Bruce the clear standout from the 2s so he goes in for McKenna who plays 2s.
anyone remember who got Higgins last time? Cause it didn't work!

Not sure who had that job, but Higgins did kick 5.1
McKenna was subbed off that day so it may have been him but that's just an assumption.

I think we have only had two "easy" games all season. North and Richmond. The rest have been pretty tough, with the only comfortable win coming against Port because we played incredibly

Our win against Melbourne early doors was also really impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back