Analysis Changes v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith looked cooked last night.

If Rough in then either Red or Cloke out

Need another tall defender - no doubt

Out: Redpath, Smith, Suckling or Webb

In: Roughy, Roberts, Libba (if plays ok in vfl)

I'm prepared to forgive cloke for the 50. I reckon he was a big part of the third qtr resurgence and adds more value than Redpath.

I thought Williams and Dale were two of our better players and used the ball well. Good signs.

Does Webb get one more chance? Can't really say he has taken this opportunity
I'd give him one more on the basis that more experience players are offering less (Suckling, Hunter, Smith). He looks good with ball in hand, just needs to up his output to 18-20 touches a game.

Dale and Williams were pretty good. Webb, apart from that lovely goal, was pretty quiet. He probably has to go out of those 3. I don't know how Redpath could be dropped. Kicked a couple and contested well.

Dale and Williams were pretty good. Webb, apart from that lovely goal, was pretty quiet. He probably has to go out of those 3. I don't know how Redpath could be dropped. Kicked a couple and contested well.

I saw it differently with regards to Red contesting. I don't think he gets to enough contests and maybe picks and chooses when he will contest. From my viewpoint in Tv land he never looks exhausted at the end of a game, impossible to tell I guess so I could be completely wrong. But running doesn't seem to be a strong point so getting to numerous contests does not happen enough.

In: Roughy, Boyd
Out: Redpath, Suckling

would love to see Cordy and Biggs in but Webb, Dale and Williams shouldnt be dropped just yet
JJ to play forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question. What is Tim English's goal kicking like? After watching Harry Taylor's performance last night I am wondering if English could play a similar role for us now. I don't remember Taylor being in too many crash and bash contests. Just keep moving around the forward line, get separation from your opponent, hold your marks and kick straight. Seems simple.

I just dont get the calls that we went to tall. We picked more KPPs in our grand final win than we did last night.

And dont let the stats fool you Cloke was shitter than Redpath last night and by a significant margin. In some circumstances i hoped for better from Redpath but he had so many occasions in which he was swamped by opponents. And hes a slave to our midfield production so obviously hes going to see very little when our midfield gets smashed like it did on occasions last night. And he played well last week so he has credits in the bank. Moreso than Cloke IMO.

Smith needs to go (too slow and really got 2 cheapies out the back and did nothing else all game) and suckling is non existent. Biggs is a better defender and gets more ball.

Ins
Roughead, McLean, Liberatore, Stringer (if fit), Biggs

Outs
Cloke, Smith, Webb, Dale (would be stiff though cause he was very good in some instances last night) Suckling.

Serious question. What is Tim English's goal kicking like? After watching Harry Taylor's performance last night I am wondering if English could play a similar role for us now. I don't remember Taylor being in too many crash and bash contests. Just keep moving around the forward line, get separation from your opponent, hold your marks and kick straight. Seems simple.
Nobody knows because he can't get near it inside 50 in the VFL.

We don't have a 2 man forward line that permanently stays down there with that much space. We currently have a swarm of disorganized mess in the midfield, maybe with one forward leading to a flank with his defender right on his hammer.

Hasnt really spent time as a forward in the vfl
Still 4-6 weeks away in terms of development imo

We desperately need some legal speed to come in. We are slow, and with the exception of JJ, have no one with real pace.

We move the ball fast, but God we are slow.

Jong is lightning. Granted though we lack pace. And we have some guys who have no toe whatsoever. We need a Tippen-Woodi (or however you spell his name ) type in our forward line. Stringer come back ASAP please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back