Analysis Changes v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you can. But posts that suggest the MC are idiots and have no idea do give me a chuckle (not aware of yours just answering)

Lol I love you hyperbole

I said I think they have been poor this year and if your honest they haven't been great and I call them idiots??

Lol I just keep chuckling at the lemmings

Must be such an easy life just following the pack

Ive been a fan of suckling but he doesn't stand up when we need him most. He is a veteran on our team and I expect him to get the ball when times are tough but instead we see Williams, Daniel and others getting to the right spots before him.

Man so many keyboard experts that could do a far better job than Bevo or the MC...

Can't understand why the club isn't bashing your door down to sign you up!

c'mon dude this is an internet forum. Every single one of us does it here or talking to mates.

I agree. I think the only thing against him, might be his skinny body, but in terms of skill, footy brains, ability and footy intelligence, he has it all. probably the best pick of 2016, Imo. hope he has a great game. also very good contested mark. has excellent reach due to height and ability to read the flight of the ball from what I've seen and heard.
I hope so and maybe a tall Daniel wouldn't that be something to behold

I think the MC Has been pretty poor this year

Some very strange decisions that have cost us at least one game IMO.

Should have stuck with what we had last in the structure it was in instead of this group that seem to think they know better than anyone else

not sure if they have been bad, but challenged due to three things:
1. prem. hangover in some players, which annoys the hell out of me,
2. injuries.
3. a very tight comp.

these three have led to weird decisions as you say, unexpected. I would definitely bring in rough. still a chance? not sure about stringer's fitness? WELCOME TIM ENGLISH!!!

Last edited:
Maybe, just maybe, Roughead is not ready.

And English has performed well for a number of weeks now.

If this is the case, then the decision makes perfect sense.

This week's changes make a lot more sense to me than last week's did.

Although I'm a bit worried about bringing Stringer back too soon, assuming he is fit, I think there is some reasonable logic behind this week's selections.

The team that lost to Geelong was lacking for marking targets and decent ruck support for Boyd. It was also exposed a bit for a lack of height down back following the demotion of Roberts and Cordy.

Both Cloke and Redpath were ineffectual last week.
English has been playing well and from most reports has earned his promotion. Stringer has easily been our best forward this season prior to being injured.

Biggs has been a key swingman in our defence and his return not only fortifies our backline, it gives us a bit more flexibility. Given we are bringing Stringer back after injury along with a debutant to fill the two tall forward roles, it makes sense to give ourselves some flexibility to have another back up tall forward option. Having Biggs in the side gives us the option of throwing Marcus Adams up forward without exposing our defence too much.

A midfielder needed to make way for Biggs so Webb drew the short straw.

Let's hope Bev's plans work out for the best this week

Biggs form at Footscray hasn't been amazing, he's turning over the footy a lot. But can't fault his effort and I think without Boyd they are looking for an extra defender probably to release someone to play another role. Perhaps Murphy or Suckling?

I'm not surprised English is in and Rough not. I think Rough needs more time his form just so so and he could have come in but I think English did deserve his chance. I don't expect him to dominate, but he will compete. Rough wil be in soon enough I hope, so good time to give Tim a taste. Maybe he will prove hard to leave out, let's hope,.

With Red I was suprised he was brought in so soon. Given just one game at Footscray, even though it was 6 goals and a very impressive game. So desperate are we for KP forwards to better our structure because it Took them 3 very solid efforts to bring in Wallis. To be expected Red may not be quiet at the top of his game after a long lay off being a big guy.

Cloke missed 4 weeks and straight back in. So some inconsistency with selections, but we just trying find the right mix and we can't just yet.

I think and this might sound bad but mooney was spot on on radio the other day last year we were the 7th best team in the home and away season. We were by far the best team in the final series but atm we are 1 win off where we were at the same stage last year and it would be fair to say we have more players key to our structure out this year compared with the same time last year. Also the competition seems to have gotten even tighter than it was last season.

I think and this might sound bad but mooney was spot on on radio the other day last year we were the 7th best team in the home and away season. We were by far the best team in the final series but atm we are 1 win off where we were at the same stage last year and it would be fair to say we have more players key to our structure out this year compared with the same time last year. Also the competition seems to have gotten even tighter than it was last season.
Well they should call Cam captain obvious. Of course we were the 7th best team after home and away. Did anyone say otherwise? To be fair, in most other years the wins we had would have seen us with a top 4 finish so there's was not much difference between 7th and the top 2 or 3.

This year is so much like last. We never really got our mojo going, we had similar structual issues, similar issues converting advantage in game to putting on a score. We had more injuries last year than we do now, though we have had a lot up until now, with most back. It's more form now. If we could stay fit continuity will see us hitting straps at some point within the next few weeks.

Did anyone really think we'd just dominate the year because we won the flag. I didn't. This is still a young group and it's amazing what they are doing. Competition is so close who knows what will happen, I just know we go into every game with a great chance to win but that we can lose to almost anyone too makes the comp really intersting for everyone.

Was always going to be rollercoaster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone with stats at hand do an age/game profile v saints. Just out of interest. Thanks

Biggs form at Footscray hasn't been amazing, he's turning over the footy a lot. But can't fault his effort and I think without Boyd they are looking for an extra defender probably to release someone to play another role. Perhaps Murphy or Suckling?

I'm not surprised English is in and Rough not. I think Rough needs more time his form just so so and he could have come in but I think English did deserve his chance. I don't expect him to dominate, but he will compete. Rough wil be in soon enough I hope, so good time to give Tim a taste. Maybe he will prove hard to leave out, let's hope,.

With Red I was suprised he was brought in so soon. Given just one game at Footscray, even though it was 6 goals and a very impressive game. So desperate are we for KP forwards to better our structure because it Took them 3 very solid efforts to bring in Wallis. To be expected Red may not be quiet at the top of his game after a long lay off being a big guy.

Cloke missed 4 weeks and straight back in. So some inconsistency with selections, but we just trying find the right mix and we can't just yet.

Hopefully it allows Suckling to be a little more attacking, opposition has figured us out with him, play him tight so he has no time to kick

One week for English before bye, Roughy back after that with Boyd playing more forward

After the bye ins are Libba, Moyd, McLean, Roughy and one of Cloke and Red

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back