Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I will get shot down for this, but i actually think the back line looks very balanced as it is. Only change would be mcmahon in at some stage.

With Adams and Spud on bench it looks like they are in trouble. But maybe thats reading to much into it given their form.

That's Scott making a stand.

Adams, Wright and MacMillan were named on the bench last week IIRC.

Worked well for Adams and Wright :rolleyes:

Firrito and Adams have no right to play for the NMFC this week!

Father is reportedly very ill.

Thoughts are with Cunners and family at this horrible time.

Football takes a back seat. Cunners will be back when he is ready. The club will not rush him.

Awful to hear, and glad Ben is being given the time and space he needs. Thinking of him.

That's bullshit.

The game was over by then!

A 3rd gamer came on in the second half and did 5 times as much as Adams!

DOES NOT DESERVE A GAME!

Yeah righto, I made an observation, that's all.

I'm not demanding he be given a game.

As a player who has his papers stamped but I believe can be oh so valuable to our side I would like to see Ben Speight given a crack. With no Campbell, Adams out of form and Harper in the 2s we need a forward who can apply defensive pressure.

Ask yourselves how the hell do we have an effective press with so many players out of form?
This is how stubborn Scott is. He has a player on the LTI and we have eclipsed round 11. Try something new you fool.

As a player who has his papers stamped but I believe can be oh so valuable to our side I would like to see Ben Speight given a crack. With no Campbell, Adams out of form and Harper in the 2s we need a forward who can apply defensive pressure.

Ask yourselves how the hell do we have an effective press with so many players out of form?
This is how stubborn Scott is. He has a player on the LTI and we have eclipsed round 11. Try something new you fool.

Was thinking about Speight today but he seems so far off the scene that I don't think it could happen. Shame, I reckon he should be given another go.

That's Scott making a stand.

Adams, Wright and MacMillan were named on the bench last week IIRC.

Worked well for Adams and Wright :rolleyes:

Firrito and Adams have no right to play for the NMFC this week!

I wasn't saying that is enough and they shouldn't be dropped. They have been given fair to many credits, mainly due to their perceived importance to our form last year.

Adams wasn't named on the bench last week, but the other 2 were. We have since seen wright dropped after another stinker. I was pointing it out because I am hopeful this finally some public critcism rather then the internal stuff which frustrates everyone because we dont see it.

Was thinking about Speight today but he seems so far off the scene that I don't think it could happen. Shame, I reckon he should be given another go.

Speaking to a close source, Speighty is pushing hard to gain some form as his confidence is just returning. He is a realist and can see his papers are stamped right now and could be delisted end of year. He wont go interstate but can see the Dogs or Dees picking him up.
We have nothing to lose by giving him a game.
Im not expecting LT style goals from him but gee he could perform Harps role or Patchs role until the get right.

Anthony was dropped and it wasn't a forced change this time. Tick for me.

Assuming that LT gets up and doesn't have to be replaced I'd go something like

Out: Anthony, Wright
In: Ziebell, Garner/Tarrant

If LT doesn't get up the one of TG/Tazz that doesn't get picked initially comes in.

Move Atley up the field if we're looking a little slow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should play Garner for the rest of the year, get him in & develop him.

Same with McKenzie.

Maybe Brad intends on playing Tarrant and giving Garner the vest. Tarrant can be subbed in the third and Garner can show his stuff. I'd like to see Tarrant back as soon as possible. Tarrant, Petrie and Black is the perfect forward setup.

If LT doesn't get up the one of TG/Tazz that doesn't get picked initially comes in.

Watching Marngrook tonight and LT gave zero indication he'd miss this week. I reckon he'll play. He's certainly itching to get out there and help rectify the manure we've found ourselves in and the other lads on the panel were predicting how many goals he'd kick this week. If he misses it will be the medicos' call.

Garner for Adams is like-for-like.

inb4Garnersub

A busted up witch's hat covered in masking tape is a better like-for-like. You are discounting Garner too much. As long as Adams doesn't play this week (and until he has dominated the 2nds for a month) then I can live with three changes.

Watching Marngrook tonight and LT gave zero indication he'd miss this week. I reckon he'll play. He's certainly itching to get out there and help rectify the manure we've found ourselves in and the other lads on the panel were predicting how many goals he'd kick this week. If he misses it will be the medicos' call.
Yep that's LT to a tee. He would play with his leg hanging by a thread, footy and family seem to be the two big things he cares about ahead of the rest.

If hes not right I actually hope the medicos make the call, I don't want to see him play this week if it means we lose him for 5 after it.

Proof is in the pudding

Graham-Duff-5707220.jpg

I think a good opportunity to give Garner a game. Other clubs play their draft picks first year, so now season is over we should be doing the same and he has done enough.

I agree with calls for Adams out, like Wright should have been much earlier. Spud on last chance.

In: Ziebell, Gysberts, Garner
Out: Wright, Adams, Anthony

Ben Speight doesn't deserve it after a couple of good games in the VFL, especially considering he was nearly playing for the development squad not long ago. Garner has been showing promise at VFL level so he deserves that forward spot

Ben Speight doesn't deserve it after a couple of good games in the VFL, especially considering he was nearly playing for the development squad not long ago. Garner has been showing promise at VFL level so he deserves that forward spot
The senior team hasnt been in ripping form but hes as good as gone where as a Garner, McKenzie etc aint going anywhere. Try him before the seasons finished.

Considering Speight hasn't been named in either of Werribee's sides this weekend, I doubt he'll be coming into consideration for a senior spot, which is a shame, I liked him when he was on song.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back