Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Id be replacing Jones with a small. Dont require the 3 big backs for the Hawks. JOD goes to Dear and Lobb takes Chol. West for Jones and Garcia for VDM.

I can understand Bevo wanting a day game it really is a game of the Giants V smalls. Hopefully we get good weather suitable for marking.

Big jobs for our smaller backs Duryea, Bramble, Dale, Freijah. Our forwards need to pressure their backline and there is a role for Arty. Jamarra is capable of anything but he will want to do better than yesterday with his pressure than yesterday.

I have faith in The Bont and dogs to get the job done.

Sorry if I'm way off the mark here - I didn't watch yesterday (local footy finals)

OUT:
L. Jones, VDM

IN:
West, Khamis

Not sure if Arty stays as sub. Did he do enough?

Who do you have going to defence? Caleb? Williams to defence and someone like Poulter in?
Already have Freijah, Dale, Durea, Daniel, and Bramble on top of Lobb and JOD. Williams can drop back too.

If we have to bring in a defender to run 8 through there would prefer Coffield or Keath over Buku

Assuming he's fit I think dropping Vandemeer against the best running team in the comp would be madness.
If we lose this game it will be on the spread and in transition, two areas we have been significantly improved this year in large part due to Vandemeer

Assuming he's fit I think dropping Vandemeer against the best running team in the comp would be madness.
If we lose this game it will be on the spread and in transition, two areas we have been significantly improved this year in large part due to Vandemeer
I just don't think you can trust his body in a big final, screams early sub.

Bummer! The ONE time slot that I cannot attend OR watch. Was super keen on a Saturday night, or Saturday afternoon slot. Bought tickets to some bands two months ago. On the plus side, it looks like we will have some decent breaks between our games and will be on the Friday night slot for the rest of the finals.

Ignoring Jones for the moment.

The only change I would make, is West coming in for Vandermeer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This timeslot would have the winner on a Friday night path for the first 3 weeks right?
For the semi definitely and then depends on how the other qualifying final goes. Believe the Friday Night prelim goes to the highest ranked team, so if Sydney win it'll be Friday but if GWS beat the Seans they will hold their prelim twilight at Spotless.

Also this matchup reminds me of 2019 v. the Giants, we were flying and ran into a more hardened, veteren team who bullied us. We don't need to go the thug route like GWS did in 2019, but we have the experience and mature bodies.

I don't think they will bring a defender in for Jones (if he goes out). Hawks are small and quick. I think it could be Baily Williams back and Harmes or Baker (for his gut running) in for the MCG.

I don't think they will bring a defender in for Jones (if he goes out). Hawks are small and quick. I think it could be Baily Williams back and Harmes or Baker (for his gut running) in for the MCG.
We need to have an answer for when they play Sicily forward. When they shifted him forward against us earlier in the year he arguably won the game for them.

Cadmans head barely hit the ground. Thereā€™s an angle from the fence that shows it possibly not even hit.

Ashā€™s tackle was far more aggressive, with the players head hitting pretty hard. Thatā€™s what got him a week.

A fine is likely considering other similar acts through the season have also only copped a fine.
We are talking about the same tribunal who gave Jack Redpath 4 for a push to Diver Davis chest (after appeal and taking into account a bye)

This is going to be a cracking game. We should have them covered at every position on talent, but Sam Mitchell brings a certain magic to their team that makes them dangerous.

Jones out wouldnā€™t be too bad, as Lobb is a brick wall. As long as we have Jones back for the Geelong game so Lobb can stick to Cameron.

Dogs to show their speed and class to win by 34, while hawks lead at qtr time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back