Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm told that the Herald Sun footy department intend to lodge an appeal against the Liam Jones tribunal decision.

Around 6 players in that side were not playing yesterday.

And I think it’s safe to say we have replaced them with better contributors.

For all the talk of Hokball, they still have Sam Frost as a key defender. They must forget they also have an opponent to play, that will be much different to last time out.

May the best team win.

I know the club wasn't happy with the Friday night fixture due to the AFLW game, but I feel like the time slot suits us more than the Hawks. We've had a few Friday night games the last couple of years with the Hawks last one coming in round 15 2022. They have been the day warriors this year playing a lot in that Sat / Sun afternoon slot.

May not mean much but there is a little something there with preparation and adapting to the night game etc.

I think a night game is better for us

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newcombe always kills at but having a look at previous games, Libba hasn't played against them the last three times.

Think he will do a job on him, not tagging but making sure he doesn't dominate.
I wonder if the reason we played Gags in Ballarat was to prime him for a job in finals.

I understand the frustration VDM brings. Believe me, I have been a critic of him, gee he can do some dumb stuff.
However, he is a pressure machine, he does work bloody hard with little reward but the team is better for it.

If fit he must stay in the side.
That kick Arty did to Naughton would have ended up in the grand stands if it's was VDM. I think arty has found his role as he has a much higher upside that laith

Their midfield has caused us a lot of grief recently. Hopefully the addition of Richards & the increased strategies will serve us well. When we’ve lost to them we’ve been absolutely pantsed in the middle, but still not lost by much. Get close to breaking even or better in there, I think we win & win well.

Their midfield has caused us a lot of grief recently. Hopefully the addition of Richards & the increased strategies will serve us well. When we’ve lost to them we’ve been absolutely pantsed in the middle, but still not lost by much. Get close to breaking even or better in there, I think we win & win well.
Having Richards in the midfield is massive. This is why Will Day was the biggest danger previously as we didn't have a burst midfielder that could match a runner like that, now we do.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back