Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeeeaaaahhhh made the mistake of having a peek on their board. Seems to be more time spent patting themselves on the back and discussing how awesome they are than actually discussing the upcoming game. Are we too broken as supporters for such carry on and chest beating? Or are they just a bunch of simple fairweather campaigners?

Yeeeaaaahhhh made the mistake of having a peek on their board. Seems to be more time spent patting themselves on the back and discussing how awesome they are than actually discussing the upcoming game. Are we too broken as supporters for such carry on and chest beating? Or are they just a bunch of simple fairweather campaigners?
Some(Not all) seem stuck in their opinions about the game and are often unwilling to participate in any sort of discussion with opposition supporters. And Yeah, some of them are obnoxious AF. But I can't hold it against most of them for being excited. it's been a while since they could actually be proud of their Football club and their performances.

Last edited:
Some(Not all) seem stuck in their opinions about the game and they seem unwilling to partake in any discussion with opposition supporters .Yeah, some of them are obnoxious AF. But I can't hold it against most of them for being excited. it's been a while since they could actually be proud of their Football and their performances.
That's being generous.

We've been dogshit for 6 years.

That's being generous.

We've been dogshit for 6 years.

Must have been torture, so many years of struggle. Those poor 9 year olds who’ve never experienced the elation of a flag 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ironic that John Schultz number 14 jumper now has Riley West as its current custodian.....is that an omen that Riley will play on Friday night???

West should have a spot in the Elimination. He's just one of those player that is just annoying to have to worry about. Can bop up from anywhere and snap a stupid one and he applies a similar style of pressure as VDM. His VFL numbers this week weren't setting the world on fire, however his work this season in the seniors should make it a no-brainer.

West should have a spot in the Elimination. He's just one of those player that is just annoying to have to worry about. Can bop up from anywhere and snap a stupid one and he applies a similar style of pressure as VDM. His VFL numbers this week weren't setting the world on fire, however his work this season in the seniors should make it a no-brainer.
Only on chage. West in Jones out. If VSM unfit, then Harmes is in.

They're excited after years of being, as Tyler said, dogshit. No shit team is guaranteed to improve (see North) but their improvement has happened earlier than even their most optimistic fans might have expected. And they're playing great football. Their forum gives off the same vibes we had around here in 2015 - it's a pretty exciting place to be as a fan.

Some(Not all) seem stuck in their opinions about the game and are often unwilling to participate in any sort of discussion with opposition supporters. And Yeah, some of them are obnoxious AF. But I can't hold it against most of them for being excited. it's been a while since they could actually be proud of their Football club and their performances.
It’s been 9 years after a 3 peat….they can rot in hell….i hate them

Selection is tough I could make a case for all the following to play who were not in the round 23 team.

West, Buku, Harmes, Sanders

I think only West comes in probably for VDM. You cannot play both Treloar and VDM if both passed fit and risk both breaking down. VDM is a bit of a whipping boy here but he is stiff to miss having played all season.

Squiggle has us as a 55% chance of winning and the market is similar to that. It's a genuine coin flip game imo, which makes it very exciting for neutrals. There's a bit more drama with a Hawks win, given their 0-5 start to the season, their unexpected rise with a young side etc. I can see why most neutrals would be cheering for a Hawks win. Thankfully for us the predictions and desires of fans will have no impact on the outcome. Whatever happens, it's a massively exciting first week of finals and I'm so grateful that our club will be a part of it.

In: the spirit of John Schultz to guide the team to victory.

I suspect Bevo will probably touch on John's passing pre-game, without focussing too much on it, he was certainly emotional the other week when discussing John was in hospital.
I wonder when the funeral will be. I'm sure Bevo and some of the boys would like to attend but the timing might not allow them to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back