Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

And just think one of us will get the chance to p*** either Geelong or Port out of the finals in straight sets...

Make it Geelong, make it Geelong šŸ¤ž
Both good options - watching Port bow out in straight sets would be brilliant just for the fan fallout relating to the coaching situation.

Both good options - watching Port bow out in straight sets would be brilliant just for the fan fallout relating to the coaching situation.
Port are going to be very tough this year. They have Butters, Rozee and JHF in the midfield but Wines has been really good this year and Boak still contributes solidly. This is their year to make the most of it as I suspect Wines and Boak decline from next year.

I don't see them going out in straight sets but if they do it it's likely that we'll have to beat them over there (def. the hawks pending). I think that's probably our most difficult assignment.

I hope they beat Geelong so we get to play the Cats at the G and then I'd be happy to meet Port in a GF (at the G) after disposing of one of those Sydney teams up there ...

Us v Port would be a good contest in a GF. And then after we've closed their window we can sign Butters ..... and then the Port coaching fallout...

Port are going to be very tough this year. They have Butters, Rozee and JHF in the midfield but Wines has been really good this year and Boak still contributes solidly. This is their year to make the most of it as I suspect Wines and Boak decline from next year.

I don't see them going out in straight sets but if they do it it's likely that we'll have to beat them over there (def. the hawks pending). I think that's probably our most difficult assignment.

I hope they beat Geelong so we get to play the Cats at the G and then I'd be happy to meet Port in a GF (at the G) after disposing of one of those Sydney teams up there ...

Us v Port would be a good contest in a GF. And then after we've closed their window we can sign Butters ..... and then the Port coaching fallout...
I think Port are the best in it right now. If we get past Hawthorn, playing Geelong in Melbourne is easily the best option - rather avoid Port until grand final day (if we get that far, obviously).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

26366a87d54e804ee53261aed9fc140e.jpg

Reading the Hawks board, itā€™s so evident they donā€™t know anything about our team or watch our games.

They seem to think rain is a disadvantage to us and our tall forward line/defence.

Iā€™m biased, but Iā€™d argue we are the best wet weather team. We made Geelong and GWS look like 2021 north Melbourne in the rain.

Having elite players like Bont and Libba play in the rain only separates their class from midfielders who are good, but not superstars like Jai Newcombe etc.

Rainfall forecast for Friday has been slightly reduced, but still showers expected late afternoon/early evening.

It's Melbourne, so with five days to go, the forecast still has about 15 changes to go so stay tuned for a balmy 27 and all of us rocking up in shorts or something.

Reading the Hawks board, itā€™s so evident they donā€™t know anything about our team or watch our games.

They seem to think rain is a disadvantage to us and our tall forward line/defence.

Iā€™m biased, but Iā€™d argue we are the best wet weather team. We made Geelong and GWS look like 2021 north Melbourne in the rain.

Having elite players like Bont and Libba play in the rain only separates their class from midfielders who are good, but not superstars like Jai Newcombe etc.

They think our 22 is made up of three tall forwards. Thats good. Hope their club does the same and they prepare for three and the other 19 are off the leash.

It's a bit of a giggle this whole rain stuff. Any decent judge would go back and have a look at how good we are and have been this year in a wet weather scrap. Bring it on. Whatever the conditions. Wet, dry, hot, cold, who cares?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back