Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering, did anyone else notice that Bevo played McNeil in the backline during the second half of our R24 game against GWS? I was a little surprised at the time and I wonder was he testing something he may use this week or was it out of necessity? Because I don’t think I have ever seen McNeil play in defence previously, but with Hawthorns glut of small forwards I wonder whether he was testing it to see how he went down there. Just in case we need extra pace in the backline.

I mean I doubt it happens but it was a little odd to see it and there must be a reason.
I swear I also saw Cody line up at half back for one centre bounce against GWS.

Funny enough, I think McNeil is the perfect matchup for ‘IthinkImawizard’ Watson
I'm not sure, he might have the pace to match him but I doubt he has the defensive skills. I've watched approx 10 Hawthorn games this year and their forward line has a very good structure with great leading patterns and they work very hard to create space for each other. If you struggle to defend they will isolate you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is Daniel a great match-up for Watson???

Would not go close to matching him for speed which is Watson's strength

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Daniel did a great job on Darcy Jones last week because he was able to bring him to ground due to not being significantly outsized. Watson appears a more powerful player but I see where the poster was coming from.

Whilst the 3 game Bulldog membership sit on the wing level 1 along with all the Hawthorn Pet membership fans :)

Hopefully (after us putting up with ticket issues for four finals this year 🤞) this issues gets raised at the AGM.

The only members that should have access to finals tickets are 11 game home members and above. Minimum. End this 3 game garbage.

Hopefully (after us putting up with ticket issues for four finals this year 🤞) this issues gets raised at the AGM.

The only members that should have access to finals tickets are 11 game home members and above. Minimum. End this 3 game garbage.
Disagree. There are heaps of interstate, rural and other certain members who find it hard to attend games due to personal circumstances who are just as committed as the high paying members. I know heaps of young people who deal with cost of living who can only afford 3/6 game memberships. And if you live regional/interstate, why would you buy a full 11 game membership when you'll only be able to attend 3-6 matches at best.

However everyone makes an effort to attend finals, therefore those members should have access to finals tickets.

I agree with the 1 game membership though. That wasn't needed. I also think its pretty clear that the club stuffed up the barcodes.

Disagree. There are heaps of interstate, rural and other certain members who find it hard to attend games due to personal circumstances who are just as committed as the high paying members. I know heaps of young people who deal with cost of living who can only afford 3/6 game memberships.

However everyone makes an effort to attend finals, therefore those members should have access to finals tickets.

I agree with the 1 game membership though. That wasn't needed. I also think its pretty clear that the club stuffed up the barcodes.

Absolutely. I'm a full 11 game home member, social club, reserved seat, Premiership Circle and I've been to three games this year due to family and work commitments.

But, like a lot of us here, I've put my hand deep into my pockets because I love the club.

Maybe the solution is a firm cut off date for members so you have to sign up by May or whatever if you want your membership to access final tickets

I don't know, but I do know that 1 and three game members who signed up with a few weeks to go in the season should have to wait for general admission access to finals.

Will Bulldogs lose to Hawks because defensively they are too weak??

Is this how Bulldogs got beat by Hawks in round 8??? leaked too many easy goals and did not respect Hawthorns kicking??

Do Bulldogs have any plan to stop Weddle??
Clearly haven’t watched us at all we have improved defensively since then

Will Bulldogs lose to Hawks because defensively they are too weak??

Is this how Bulldogs got beat by Hawks in round 8??? leaked too many easy goals and did not respect Hawthorns kicking??

Do Bulldogs have any plan to stop Weddle??

Here's some light reading from
Champion Data...

Luke Beveridge’s side have come storming home in the second half of the season, and their defence stacks up as the best in the business. The Bulldogs rank first in points against from turnover and conceding defensive 50 to inside 50’s transitions. And in addition, they sit third for points against and fourth for conceding scores per inside 50. They are all numbers that stand up very strongly in September, and it has shades of a 2016 run about it – if they can get past Hawthorn in week one of finals.

As for Weddle, he can deal with Darcy, Naughton and Ugle-Hagan.

Last edited:
Here's some light reading from
Champion Data...

Luke Beveridge’s side have come storming home in the second half of the season, and their defence stacks up as the best in the business. The Bulldogs rank first in points against from turnover and conceding defensive 50 to inside 50’s transitions. And in addition, they sit third for points against and fourth for conceding scores per inside 50. They are all numbers that stand up very strongly in September, and it has shades of a 2016 run about it – if they can get past Hawthorn in week one of finals.

As for Weddle, he can deal with Darcy, Naughton and Ugle-Hagan.
RFC are building towards a premiership in 5 plus years, or should be, what we are doing now is academic, it should be about development.

In fact we should trade Vlastuin to the Bulldogs end of year to sure up your defence while you are in the window and get a good draft pick but we probably will not

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back