Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Give West a week to get his body right and if any of Gallagher, McNeil, VDM, Macrae, Daniel or Harmes are injured or down on form and we win he comes straight in.

Harmes is certainly the most like for like, so likely West just isn’t quite right yet.

Would've loved West coming in but he really did struggle in the VFL game on the weekend.
Ditto.
My exact thoughts on the matter

It’s quite simple. McNeil must be doing what Bevo wants him to do. It’s not a matter of who we think is a better player.

As I said, I understand it’s structural/ team role stuff, but many here would think West has had a good enough season to where you maybe make a slight structural sacrifice to accomodate a player who can still pressure defensively really well, and (unlike McNeil) actually worries the other team offensively.

Obviously that’s not the internal view. But it’s a big call. Robbie McComb was good at doing what he was told too. Talent and runs on the board do matter at a point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harmes had 37 touches in the VFL and is a rare player in that you feel his potential output and value to the team is equal as a winger, forward or onballer, which is something that is not that common. It gives us flexibility.

Gallagher stays in because he had a good game vs GWS but he could have been the one making way for West, but then again, we had Macrae play a fair bit on the wing vs. GWS and ideally he plays forward (or even sub) rather than on the wing, which is why Harmes was picked.

I said last week I’d be extremely surprised if West wasn’t playing, & I am. Glad Harmes is in though, he was great last week. If no West I’d have him play that role on Sicily if we can swing it. Libba to do what he’s done in the second half of the year with Newcombe.

If there’s no Treloar I’d be really interested to see who would come in. Is it West? Or now that we have Harmes maybe not.

Surprised or not I promise to severely melt even if the side is exactly as I would have it.

Go Doggies!

P.s. two weeks is a ridonculously long time to wait.

Treloar is now in doubt calf didn’t go to tell captains run

He’s said 4 times this week he won’t be going to training, it’s nothing out of the ordinary for him. He’s been dealing with this issue almost all year, and will be 100% ready to go.

It’s a running joke at the club that he misses training due to his soft tissue precautions.

He’s said 4 times this week he won’t be going to training, it’s nothing out of the ordinary for him. He’s been dealing with this issue almost all year, and will be 100% ready to go.

It’s a running joke at the club that he misses training due to his soft tissue precautions.
I suspect he is saying that the captains run didn't go too well

I suspect he is saying that the captains run didn't go too well

Would be good if they could elaborate. If he was taken off early that’s completely expected.

He said yesterday that he’s feeling good and confident he’ll play.

I wonder if the Harmes call up might be as sub to be insurance for Treloar if he struggles in game.

It’s always difficult to take in players on the back of injury issues but Treloar is an AA & isn’t ‘underdone’.

The only problem will be that if we do get through and he plays against the Hawks, I doubt it’s going to magically go away the following week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back