Opinion Changes vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

With our season cooked, We need to assess where we are going with a number of players. It's not about winning games now, it's about who can help us in future years. Obviously with playing kids it requires more patience.

Is it time up for Dixon, Gray, Motlop and Jonas. Does Byrne-Jones offer us enough. If Amon is leaving, should we just drop him now. (Dumont also out with a calf injury).

Pending the SANFL game. Hoping guys like Hayes, Georgiades, Duursma, Mead, Bergman, Williams, Frederick etc put their hand up.

With our season cooked, We need to assess where we are going with a number of players. It's not about winning games now, it's about who can help us in future years. Obviously with playing kids it requires more patience.

Is it time up for Dixon, Gray, Motlop and Jonas. Does Byrne-Jones offer us enough. If Amon is leaving, should we just drop him now. (Dumont also out with a calf injury).

Pending the SANFL game. Hoping guys like Hayes, Georgiades, Duursma, Mead, Bergman, Williams, Frederick etc put their hand up.
100% that also,Would like to see Ollie Lord at CHB, Teakle ruck/fwd, perhaps Georgiades midfield etc. Trial in magies then AFL.

Dumont injured.
Motlop out
Gray out. Gets a farewell game against the Crows.
Frederick out. Too many chances finished we move on.
We are not dropping Dixon but we should absolutely be shopping him around.

Duursma in.
Mitch in.
Our best Ruck option.
Give Burgoyne a run for Dumont.

Farrell I'm happy to cut a bit of slack. Half forward even the good ones go missing and he's still working into form from the knee recon along with the fact he is a genuine talent.
Georgiades is the same think you can back some players in that are genuine talent.

Out: Motlop dumont
In: Duursma Georgiadis
I like it but I still think we need a ruckman (probably Hayes) to come in too. Chances are they will go with Dixon and Finlayson again since we won the clearances against Richmond. We needed Georgiades last night to give a marking option when Finlayson and Dixon were playing mostly up the ground. On form Robbie is on thin ice but with more tall options, should Georgiades come in, he may attract a defender more his own size. Robbie's a champion so I'm expecting a much better game from him next week.

I'd leave both Butters and Jonas out, we don't need to take risks with either in a meaningless game. It's just a shame Pasini did his ACL, it'd be great to get a few games into him now. Dumont out (I think this is a bigger loss than the aforementioned at the moment personally), and I'd drop Motlop, but we know that's not happening. Jones goes back to HB.

Georgi, Bergman, Duursma, Mead, Williams, Burgoyne (perhaps even Lord) all have a good reason to stand out at Elizabeth on Saturday. I'd be taking two or three of those. Is McKenzie ready? Would love to see him back.

Out: Dumont, Motlop, Gray, Jones
In: Duursma, Georgiades/ bergman, Williams, Hayes

Mayes can be the sub. At least sometimes he is effective in that role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumont out injured, Bergman in.

Motlop out, Georgiades in.

Jones out, Hayes in (Finlayson returns forward).

Jonas out, McKenzie in (won't happen but should).

Amon out (no point playing someone who doesn't want to be here), Duursma in.

We need to be more mature about player movement, i think if Amon is legitimately leaving and has told the club this in advance then we shouldn't be dropping him because he is actually doing the club a favour in letting them know. Thats why we get situations where players string the club along because they are afraid to say anything as they might end up being dropped. Plus don't we want his value to go up? His form nowhere near warrants being dropped.

Last edited:
What we want - Younger players, to get ready for the next coach.
What we'll get - older players, who've repeatedly failed when it matter most, to try and save Ken.

Outs
Gray - Clearly needs a rest. Bring him back in 3 or 4 weeks.
Motlop - Why is he even playing?
Jonas - Why is Captain? Concussion or not, he's past it. Contracted for next year, but should be told right now he's now injury coverage.
Dumont - Inj.
Dixon - Because if he's there we can't help but reverting to bomb it on his head as the forward line 'game plan'.

Ins
Hayes - Play a ruck!
MG - Our best forward line this year had Marshall, MG and Finlayson. Given this and none are 30+ a no brainer to play it.
McKenzie - younger, taller and turning circle smaller than Jonas. Also not the worst kick in on our list like Jonas.
Williams - give him a go for the 3 to 4 games Gray should be out.
Duursma - off some great SANFL form why is he out? He's part of our future, unlike the clown not picking him.

of all the weeks we dont need a ruckman this week is it, ladhams is rubbish in the ruck but will exploit around the ground

id play finlayson in the ruck again.

out: motlop, gray dumont
in: duursma, MG, bergman (as long as he pulls his finger out at Sanfl level)

Out: Hinkley
In: Inanimate carbon rod
Hey hey there, the inanimate carbon rod did win the employee of the month, and was a regular place getter in the Montgomery Burns award for outstanding achievement in the field of excellence. Significantly higher contribution than a certain moley faced, aspartame addict.

Duursma, Bergman, Hayes, Mitch have to come in and stay in.

DBJ offers unaccountable defensive work with brainless kicking. He’s out and traded for a 3-4th rounder.

Dumont out injured.

Dixon out for 3-4weeks to build some fitness. He looks well out of shape.

Motlop serves no purpose. Out and delist at seasons end.

If we play Rozee, Butters, Mitch, Duursma, Jones, Bergman, Hayes, Farrell, Todd, Houston, Burton, Wines, SPP, Drew, Aliir we at least get a chance to give them time to develop in a set position for the second half of the year.
Anyone else can fit in around them.

of all the weeks we dont need a ruckman this week is it, ladhams is rubbish in the ruck but will exploit around the ground

id play finlayson in the ruck again.

out: motlop, gray dumont
in: duursma, MG, bergman (as long as he pulls his finger out at Sanfl level)

I don't think Finlayson is physically capable of backing up in the ruck. It will literally destroy him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Changes vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back