Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 21 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk about Lord and Marshall, I say bring back Burton in the forward line. Guys absolutely cooked as a half back.

Playing a top 4 side, night game & going in favourite. Umm yeah my money is on Sydney.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Some of Marshalls recent form:

1.3 from 8 disposals against GWS (just 1 effective disposal).
1.1 from 9 disposals (1 goal assist) vs Brisbane.
0.2 from 7 disposals before being subbed with a potential injury vs St. Kilda.
No score, 1 goal assist, 15 disposals vs Western Bulldogs.

Nothing wrong with his form? His form is shit - has been that way pretty much all season. He should not just walk back into this side.
That's what I mean , he should not get selected . Every time I see him on the field , he always give half hearted efforts . We need contested players in forward line .

I don’t mind Narkle either but after watching Lorenz over the past month, I think he has the potential to be a far more impacting player. I’d like to see him play a full game.

They will pick Narkle because Lorenz is a preseason short of being a 1st choice player and against Sydney you need a certain amount of physicality.

If it was just talent you take Lorenz.

That's what I mean , he should not get selected . Every time I see him on the field , he always give half hearted efforts . We need contested players in forward line .
It seems in the last month or so, the really bad players and the really soft players have lost their gold cards or not in the team through osmosis, injury, etc, like McEntee, Burton, Marshall, Finlayson.

There has been a definite shift of late.

I don't think much of Ratugolea, but his performance on Friday was better than 85% of Marshall's games this season. Just being able to clunk a pack mark is so vital given Port's inside 50 entries in addition to being an outlet coming out of D50.

He was talked about 4 years ago as a project. 4 years later the output is more or less the same as it was back then. His 2022 season was the exception to the rule.

I'd rather play Dixon and have him take the biggest defender allowing Ratugolea to have a physically advantageous matchup as opposed to Rat taking the.biggest defender and playing Marshall instead of Dixon.

That’s exactly what they should do.

At least Rat is built like a truck and won’t get knocked off the ball easily. Marshall has smarts and could be used up the ground better, like Westhoff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s exactly what they should do.

At least Rat is built like a truck and won’t get knocked off the ball easily. Marshall has smarts and could be used up the ground better, like Westhoff.

Who would you drop to play Marshall higher up the ground?

Who would you drop to play Marshall higher up the ground?

Not sure, but not for this year, thinking longer term, getting him out of getting crashed upon with his fragile head could be a good thing no? and he has brains and skill to deliver, just need a game plan that isn't about landing it on Dixon's head.

SYDNEY will welcome back pressure machine James Rowbottom for Saturday night's trip to face Port Adelaide and admit a rest for gun ruckman Brodie Grundy is a possibility at some stage in the coming weeks.

Bring in Pisty!

SYDNEY will welcome back pressure machine James Rowbottom for Saturday night's trip to face Port Adelaide and admit a rest for gun ruckman Brodie Grundy is a possibility at some stage in the coming weeks.

Bring in Pisty!

They rest Grundy against Port it's another case of clubs selling Jordon Sweet short.

Sweet will destroy Ladhams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back