Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 21 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing wrong with Marshall form but he needs to harden up to play AFL level footy . At the moment , we need contested footy player and he offers nill no .

Some of Marshalls recent form:

1.3 from 8 disposals against GWS (just 1 effective disposal).
1.1 from 9 disposals (1 goal assist) vs Brisbane.
0.2 from 7 disposals before being subbed with a potential injury vs St. Kilda.
No score, 1 goal assist, 15 disposals vs Western Bulldogs.

Nothing wrong with his form? His form is shit - has been that way pretty much all season. He should not just walk back into this side.

Some of Marshalls recent form:

1.3 from 8 disposals against GWS (just 1 effective disposal).
1.1 from 9 disposals (1 goal assist) vs Brisbane.
0.2 from 7 disposals before being subbed with a potential injury vs St. Kilda.
No score, 1 goal assist, 15 disposals vs Western Bulldogs.

Nothing wrong with his form? His form is shit - has been that way pretty much all season. He should not just walk back into this side.

Not to mention 0 disposals midway through the second quarter against the SUNS before injury intervened and perhaps mercifully resulted in him being subbed out.

According to both Kenny and to Wines in their post match interviews, Jones was cramping and not injured. If he's fit I think he'd be better than Sinn, Burton and williams who all had underwhelming games against Sturt. Marshall will be in the Power team this week if fit. He's down on output but his ability to feed his team mates in general play is highly valued by the coaches.
Lorenz has been close to the Maggies best two weeks in a row and I'd like him in the team but I think he'll only make the emergency list unless we lose another small or two.

Probably unchanged. I think Marshall gets picked if fit though.

Any likely changes for Sydney?

Melican pulled a hamstring.

I thought Grundy copped a head knock but no mention of that.

Melican pulled a hamstring.

I thought Grundy copped a head knock but no mention of that.
If Grundy was to drop out..... geez

Is there a Bradbury Meme with the PAFC logo as the head of Bradbury? If not, there needs to be Alyx

What was the year where we had a dream run and kept facing teams that had a bunch of outs the week we copped them? Was it 2007?

If Grundy was to drop out..... geez

Is there a Bradbury Meme with the PAFC logo as the head of Bradbury? If not, there needs to be Alyx

What was the year where we had a dream run and kept facing teams that had a bunch of outs the week we copped them? Was it 2007?
Ken's head on Bradbury's body would be better

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they had a few key players out on the weekend too, which could explain their performance, any of them due back? Rampe, Papley, Rowbottom.

Papley is still a few weeks away, Rampe could be available, that'll be touch and go. Rowbottom was listed as a test for the Dogs game so you think he would play.

Papley is still a few weeks away, Rampe could be available, that'll be touch and go. Rowbottom was listed as a test for the Dogs game so you think he would play.
But chance Melican out, so possibly Francis or Hamling in.

But chance Melican out, so possibly Francis or Hamling in.

Yes, Melican went off with a hamstring, I mentioned that a few posts earlier.

Maybe they'll pick Pistol Pete and he can give us some cheap goals again :D

Not to mention 0 disposals midway through the second quarter against the SUNS before injury intervened and perhaps mercifully resulted in him being subbed out.

I don't think much of Ratugolea, but his performance on Friday was better than 85% of Marshall's games this season. Just being able to clunk a pack mark is so vital given Port's inside 50 entries in addition to being an outlet coming out of D50.

He was talked about 4 years ago as a project. 4 years later the output is more or less the same as it was back then. His 2022 season was the exception to the rule.

Which is why our donkey will play him.

I'd rather play Dixon and have him take the biggest defender allowing Ratugolea to have a physically advantageous matchup as opposed to Rat taking the.biggest defender and playing Marshall instead of Dixon.

I don't think much of Ratugolea, but his performance on Friday was better than 85% of Marshall's games this season. Just being able to clunk a pack mark is so vital given Port's inside 50 entries in addition to being an outlet coming out of D50.

He was talked about 4 years ago as a project. 4 years later the output is more or less the same as it was back then. His 2022 season was the exception to the rule.

I'd rather play Dixon and have him take the biggest defender allowing Ratugolea to have a physically advantageous matchup as opposed to Rat taking the.biggest defender and playing Marshall instead of Dixon.

The key thing is having Bergman back in defense and Aliir/Esava not spoiling each other trying to do the same thing.

I do think there are situations where we need Esava down back just because Bergman is undersized and Aliir cannot defend 1:1. Last game against Carlton was actually good coaching in that we moved Esava onto Curnow in the 4th with a 1+ goal lead.

That said, Esava's forward play might be a fluke, he's never been able to establish himself as an AFL level player at any position. But I would give Esava first try vs Sydney over Marshall this weekend.

You would think Marshall would have to show something playing for the Magpies before he gets a call up.
Funny thing it doesn’t work that way at our club, if you make it through the game your an instant in next week.
This is not having a go at Todd, it’s how some players are fast tracked by our coach.
Very unprofessionally run.

According to both Kenny and to Wines in their post match interviews, Jones was cramping and not injured. If he's fit I think he'd be better than Sinn, Burton and williams who all had underwhelming games against Sturt. Marshall will be in the Power team this week if fit. He's down on output but his ability to feed his team mates in general play is highly valued by the coaches.
Lorenz has been close to the Maggies best two weeks in a row and I'd like him in the team but I think he'll only make the emergency list unless we lose another small or two.
Lorenz for Narkle or Evans?

Dixon creates bad juju energies that interrupt Marshall's aura and damage his astrological chakras
Nope. Dixon just tears his ligaments from.his bones. Though that is far less serious than the chakras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back