Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 21 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They rest Grundy against Port it's another case of clubs selling Jordon Sweet short.

Sweet will destroy Ladhams.
Hopefully it goes as well for Ladhams as the last game at Adelaide Oval vs us. Had an absolute shocker.

They rest Grundy against Port it's another case of clubs selling Jordon Sweet short.

Sweet will destroy Ladhams.

I recall they rucked against each other at Adelaide Oval before, was it the Covid season? Ladhams for Port and Sweet for the Bulldogs.

I recall they rucked against each other at Adelaide Oval before, was it the Covid season? Ladhams for Port and Sweet for the Bulldogs.

Just looked it up. Was 2021. Ladhams 18 disposals/37 hitouts to Sweet 9 disposals/18 hitouts. So Ladhams clearly had the better of him. But that was a while ago and Sweet would compete better now you'd think.

Just looked it up. Was 2021. Ladhams 18 disposals/37 hitouts to Sweet 9 disposals/18 hitouts. So Ladhams clearly had the better of him. But that was a while ago and Sweet would compete better now you'd think.
Maybe unpopular but I loved Pete Ladhams. He would consistently dominate at sanfl level. Would regularly get close to 20 possessions as a ruckman and he was a more than adequate forward. Did ok in the A's as well in whatever role he played. Just another cop out to cover Hinkley's inability to get the best out of players that don't quite fit the syndicate mold.

Maybe unpopular but I loved Pete Ladhams. He would consistently dominate at sanfl level. Would regularly get close to 20 possessions as a ruckman and he was a more than adequate forward. Did ok in the A's as well in whatever role he played. Just another cop out to cover Hinkley's inability to get the best out of players that don't quite fit the syndicate mold.

Unpopular opinion: if Peter Ladhams was a Victorian he would have been spoken about as an elite young ruck of the competition in the 20-21 seasons who had the unique ability of being able to play as a KPF - something which so many rucks simply are inadequate at doing.

It's a shame that he's a bit of a wild man and hasn't been able to realise his undoubted potential.

The 'wild man' aspect of Pisty is part and parcel of his playing style. A good coaching group would be able to manage him and get the best out of him.

It's not like PAFC history is only filled with choir boys.

If you can procure a packet of BBQ Samboys, you can have him back no questions asked.

The 'wild man' aspect of Pisty is part and parcel of his playing style. A good coaching group would be able to manage him and get the best out of him.

It's not like PAFC history is only filled with choir boys.

Definitely not, but those who put their lifestyle ahead of the football club didn't last long either. Sometimes it just wasn't worth the effort.

Pete's played 20 games at Sydney in 2 years, with a coaching group renowned for their team-first culture. Are they the problem too?

Definitely not, but those who put their lifestyle ahead of the football club didn't last long either. Sometimes it just wasn't worth the effort.

Pete's played 20 games at Sydney in 2 years, with a coaching group renowned for their team-first culture. Are they the problem too?
Ford he’s one of our excuse players.
He’s not the only one that’s been on our list.

Pete ladhams was decent, mainly up forward kicking opportunistic goals I can remember him for. But his ruck work wasn’t great. Overall wasn’t a massive loss. I honestly don’t think we’ve lost anyone really good for years. Amon is the best player we’ve lost in recent years, would still be very handy in our side, and we got ripped off in FA compo for him.

Wingard’s career has gone backwards and that trade has not hurt us.

Gave impey away too cheaply though. But he was very flakey at port, but you could see the potential.

Contrary to popular belief I don’t think we were ripped off in any of the Howard, wingard, ladhams, or Duursma trades.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pete had the all the attributes and potential to be very present day Tom De Koning Lite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pete ladhams was decent, mainly up forward kicking opportunistic goals I can remember him for. But his ruck work wasn’t great. Overall wasn’t a massive loss. I honestly don’t think we’ve lost anyone really good for years. Amon is the best player we’ve lost in recent years, would still be very handy in our side, and we got ripped off in FA compo for him.

Wingard’s career has gone backwards and that trade has not hurt us.

Gave impey away too cheaply though. But he was very flakey at port, but you could see the potential.

Contrary to popular belief I don’t think we were ripped off in any of the Howard, wingard, ladhams, or Duursma trades.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We pulled the pin on Jarman as a defender way too early.

Part of me believes/hopes we can win this game. As deep down I never want Port to lose.

Part me is tempering those expectations given the history.

Big game, massive implications, on a big stage at home, with us probably favoured to win given the swans latest form. It's set up for us to make them look like GF favourites by the end of it. Swans slow starts will be a thing of the past as they proceed to a 38 to 8 first qtr and we play the same story from there.

Oh well let's see.

Part of me believes/hopes we can win this game. As deep down I never want Port to lose.

Part me is tempering those expectations given the history.

Big game, massive implications, on a big stage at home, with us probably favoured to win given the swans latest form. It's set up for us to make them look like GF favourites by the end of it. Swans slow starts will be a thing of the past as they proceed to a 38 to 8 first qtr and we play the same story from there.

Oh well let's see.
I can never get the understanding that a supporter wants there team to lose.
There is people at the club who have control over who oversees the footy dept.
There has been plenty of reasons for them over the years to make change.
We have had enough of poor performances in games that count for them to act.
I can understand it’s a bit of a Catch22 situation but by hoping for failure says more about you as a person than anything else.
I don’t blame people for turning off but this wanting to lose is PW imo.

Unpopular opinion: if Peter Ladhams was a Victorian he would have been spoken about as an elite young ruck of the competition in the 20-21 seasons who had the unique ability of being able to play as a KPF - something which so many rucks simply are inadequate at doing.

It's a shame that he's a bit of a wild man and hasn't been able to realise his undoubted potential.
Bad call Caro.

I can understand it’s a bit of a Catch22 situation but by hoping for failure says more about you as a person than anything else.
Well said where we all know Ken is contracted for next year. Any seismic shift that changes that, Coach WCE for example, will not be swayed by people wishing any different.

I too want him gone but I am pragmatic enough to hope we can make, and play well in the finals.

I don't want us to lose, but I'm not overly bothered win/lose/draw anymore which is worse IMO. I just haven't been able to summon genuine emotional investment all year. Apathy ain't good.

Well I want us to beat south melbourne, the melbourne, then Crows. I’m watching regardless so I may as well watch a win.
I’m indifferent on the freeo game, not holding my breath with that one as a win, rest we should

We ended up being Roggered horribly with the Dougal Howard + Paddy Ryder trade.

We slid our first pick back two spots giving up Kossie Pickett and Will Day to select Miles Bergman.

We also got an end of first round pick, which we slid backwards eventually for Dyl Williams and Collingwood's second round pick in 2020. The Collingwood second round pick was wiped out by Collingwood bidding on Lachie Jones.

We basically gave up Howard and Ryder for Dylan Williams and some points to cover Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back