Chapman will replace Kelly, Wojinski or Lonergan ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry Taylor. Always gets found out on the bigger, better forwards. He is my tip. You then still have Scarlett, Mackie, Harley, Milburn to play on Franklin and Roughead

Kelly will miss out I think.

Wojo is needed for rebound.

Stokes is needed for crumbing the forward line. (not mentioned, but has been mentioned elsewhere).

Lonergan is needed as a focal point.

It'll be Stokes or Woj - but I actually think Woj will be needed for his run and pace to break the cluster when the need arises.

I keep reading that Stokes is suffering, perhaps from OP, and he hasn't been at his best lately. I think he would be much more of a likely swap like-for-like for Chappy, but it doesn;t always pan out like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I think Stokes he would have to be one of the most overrated players in the comp. Sentiment would say not to drop Lonergan, Kelly is very good user and Wojcinski can break up there cluster with his run. Stokes is in trouble.

I think it will be out of Stokes and Monica... Lonergan only a chance to miss if there is significant rain.

Stokes has OP and his form has suffered the last month. Monica has missed a lot of footy lately, and was ordinary against the hawks last time... and we will have 8 defenders in the team if he does play, which is probably bad for team structure.

Geelong's forwardline match up well with Hawks backline.

Mooney and Croad
Lonergan and Gilham
Chapman and Guerra
S.Johnson and Hodge
Varcoe and Birchall Slight mismatch
Can't find a match up for Dew

Presuming Stokes is out.
icon5.gif

I think Stokes is in trouble. He's been struggling a little with injury and it would be an easier decision for the coaches to swap a small forward for a small forward. Wojo's run could be important and Kelly can be used as another midfield rotation. He also has a great kick that will help us get around that cluster.

Stokes or Monica.

Kelly won't go, Bomber loves him, and Lonergan is too important for our forward structure.

Stokes has been struggling with injury lately, and while I don't want him gone because he can pull out some great stuff on big days, I think he's most likely to go.

Monica is important for breaking the lines and had a good Grand Final last year, but he has missed a lot of footy.

If I were in charge it would be Kelly.

He is a very good player no doubt however he is the only one who does not offer something unique.

Woj offers the speed and rebound from defence.
Stokes a bit of x factor, lively and creative.
Lonergan privides structure and a forward target
Varcoe provides forward pressure and some real smarts around goals.

Kelly offers another midfielder who can add to the rotation. In my opinion not as important.

OK. If they drop Lonergan they will be expecting some 'sniping' - maybe even starting it and they know it would be tad unfair on him as he only has the one kidney left.

This is to all the cats fans who say injuries are 'fair game'

Remove this Banner Ad

Chapman will replace Kelly, Wojinski or Lonergan ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back