Confirmed Charlie Cameron [Signs until 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

You're being disingenuous. For an expected grand final playing team, currently sitting 13th on the ladder, there is something very wrong culturally at Brisbane this year. If a disgruntled player wants out and wants to go home, it is reasonable for a potential suiter to low ball as a starting point. Any team would do the same.

But he’s not disgruntled and doesn’t want out. He was using Freo as the bait for a new deal with Brisbane. Plenty of players engage with other teams for this very reason. It’s his managers modus operandi.

Your post proves my original point.

Issue with trading Cameron is that I think we will think we are in contention next year, even despite what we've seen this year. I'm not saying we will be, but with Coleman and Doedee back from around the start of the year, Will Ashcoft with a full pre-season and Levi Ashcroft coming in, and a large bulk of our players in their prime, I think we'll try to bounce back and contend.
Think you could be in contention next year but likely you will need to say goodbye to the coach to do it.

Would say this is as nailed on of a trade as any being talked about.
Well then.

Wont dive into the rumors of his personal life as to why etc cos I think thats a bit dumb but yeah, he is off if they are true. No ifs buts or maybes about it
How do you go from "if they are true" to "No ifs" that quickly? It's a pretty rapid self-contradiction.

With freo now looking at shai bolton, I doubt they will go for Cameron now

Keep in mind he will be 31 midway through next season
I don't care. Charlie Cameron is quality .

Yeah he will be 31 in the middle of next season. Considering he left the crows at the end of 2017 and 2018 was his 1st season in Brisbane, that means 2025 is his 8th season. That means he is a free agent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he's having a mare of a season but I think 4-5 good years is a stretch. Two very good years (AA is behind him though) then it normally becomes pretty middling pretty quick.

I think his game goes a bit longer than Walters who is completely cooked already but it goes quick for quick players over 30
Ballantyne was 21 years old when he joined freos list in that legendary 2008 draft. Ballantyne was pick 21, Walters was pick 53.

Ballantyne was 32 when he retired at the end of 2019. You could make an argument he was on freos list one year too many.

Freo with Cameron will be top 4 easy and they want our first pick too so that future second is not a good offer.
That's what they all say. Freo with Cameron doesn't make Freo top 4. It increases freos chances to make finals.

Also there's a history of these type of trades backfiring in the dockers faces

But he’s not disgruntled and doesn’t want out. He was using Freo as the bait for a new deal with Brisbane. Plenty of players engage with other teams for this very reason. It’s his managers modus operandi.

You know this to be fact? Or just speculating like everyone else?

Bit of a shame for the Freo posters making made up in the know posts, especially the one that suggested there was all this baggage associated with Charlie :$

Great result for the lions.

Last edited:
Bit of a shame for the Freo posters making made up in the know posts, especially the one that suggested there was all this baggage associated with Charlie :$

Great result for the lions.

🔔 = 🧢 - 🪶

Was just thinking that Charlie had been looking increasingly gruntled over the past few weeks.

Now we know why.

❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back