Recommitted Charlie Cameron [Signs until 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Few articles coming out today about this guy, but strong rumors and belief over here is Charlie Cameron will join Fremantle this offseason. His management approached Fremantle wanting the move moreso due to personal circumstances. Brisbane not going to stand in his way. Id think that Freos offer is more of a 2nd rounder like offer given his age and Brisbane just let it occur on the fact he has given the club good service and wants to leave

Then he'll need to leave that John Denver song in Brisbane and choose something from the ACDC greatest hits cd.
Has AC/DC made it to Western Australia yet?

Thought Edith Piaf was still the musician of choice over in 1942?

Look, he's what you might call a one-dimensional player. Fremantle's rolling the dice on this one. Best offer I can muster is a late 3rd rounder, no sign-on bonus. We're not in the business of making reckless bets here.
I think he has a lot to offer. I know he's having an off year but he's playing in a team who's midfield has been beaten more often than not. I'd trade the Saints second rounder. I know many wouldn't but I think Cameron would rebound hugely at a new club.

Need to purchase him a new motorbike. His present one suffers from fuel starvation.

Cameron started at the Black Ducks, then went to the Crows and then onto the Roybears. Is he aiming to do the full circle ?.

Not sure, think he'd need to start at VFL level and force his way past Durdin and/or Fantasia.
Wash your mouth out with soap.

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few articles coming out today about this guy, but strong rumors and belief over here is Charlie Cameron will join Fremantle this offseason. His management approached Fremantle wanting the move moreso due to personal circumstances. Brisbane not going to stand in his way. Id think that Freos offer is more of a 2nd rounder like offer given his age and Brisbane just let it occur on the fact he has given the club good service and wants to leave
Might well be something to all this, who knows, but this is just casually dropped in the middle as if its an established fact.

He needs a bit of confidence back, he'll be right. Still a gun. Many too quick to write him off.

I think he has a lot to offer. I know he's having an off year but he's playing in a team who's midfield has been beaten more often than not. I'd trade the Saints second rounder. I know many wouldn't but I think Cameron would rebound hugely at a new club.
If an under contract Charlie Cameron was on the market for a second round pick every club in the competition would be lining up

On SM-A536E using BigFooty.com mobile app

hes under contract and been the best small forward of the competition for the last 5 years

you would be getting 4-5 very good years out of cameron if traded

brisbane are not letting that go for a second round pick
4-5 “very good years”

He’s having a mare of a season.

Why do you think his best is still going to be there for another 4-5 seasons?

Sometimes the cliff comes quick. Real quick.

4-5 “very good years”

He’s having a mare of a season.

Why do you think his best is still going to be there for another 4-5 seasons?

Sometimes the cliff comes quick. Real quick.
a 'mare' of a season. please

hes averaging 2.4 goal contributions (goals + goal assists) a game. stengle who is the best in the comp is averaging 3. cameron could easily close that gap if he resolved his goal kicking which has not historically been an issue.

his athleticism and pressure which is first rate has not fallen off. this is not a case of a player falling off the cliff.

cameron is one of the smartest small forwards in the game and will still be a very good contributor no matter where hes playing even as he ages.

a 'mare' of a season. please

hes averaging 2.4 goal contributions (goals + goal assists) a game. stengle who is the best in the comp is averaging 3. cameron could easily close that gap if he resolved his goal kicking which has not historically been an issue.

his athleticism and pressure which is first rate has not fallen off. this is not a case of a player falling off the cliff.

cameron is one of the smartest small forwards in the game and will still be a very good contributor no matter where hes playing even as he ages.
And in 3-4 years i’ll have the rig of a 1990’s Peter Andre and Taylor Swift will be my wife.

We can all try and predict the future. Doesn’t mean we will be right in doing so.

And in 3-4 years i’ll have the rig of a 1990’s Peter Andre and Taylor Swift will be my wife.

We can all try and predict the future. Doesn’t mean we will be right in doing so.
thanks for the heads up.

feel free to go to every other trade thread on this board where posters are speculating and highlight this important fact.

all the teams trying to acquire ldu should stop. he might just have a tom mitchell style leg break.

thanks for the heads up.

feel free to go to every other trade thread on this board where posters are speculating and highlight this important fact.

all the teams trying to acquire ldu should stop. he might just have a tom mitchell style leg break.
Any of them saying he will play until he’s 35 at a very high level?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Charlie Cameron [Signs until 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back