Player Watch Charlie Dixon - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So heard from a reliable source that last week he was out because he basically had a panic attack. Whilst physically he ain't 100%, Mentally I believe he's actually cooked. In no way making light of this because mental health issues plague many people, but you've got to question whether playing him based on this alone was a good idea. The last few games he's looked like a guy who had forgotten how to play the game.
Finals are scary.

There wouldn't have been any fuss or fanfare in the Big Bob, Fos, and Cahill eras, as players who were as far past their use by date as Dixon or Boak are would have just been quietly managed out.

Tom Jonas is another who was allowed to stay on the list for two years too long, it got to the stage where it was obvious he was being regularly targeted by oppo coaches as the weak link in the Power defence, and when he was finally dropped to sanfl level he was usually reinstated within a few weeks regardless of his form at that level.

Has to retire. Lord needs to be plonked up there for the first dozen games next year and see if he sinks or swim.
Lord needs to play in a forward structure that allows movement and allow him to hit up the ball carrier. Would love to see him in the Sydney set up, I think he could give us a similar output to McLean.

Does NOT deserve a lap of (dis)honour at our next home game, don’t even consider him for a future “first goal of the game” call up!!!
I'd entertain a lap around the oval on rotting produce night.

Possibly Esava without Dixon crashing into him repeatedly for most of the first half. IDGAF how many actually useful touches Dixon’s replacement got, would all have been upside compared to the predictable shambles we got. But hey “who ya gonna get?” and all that fallacy. The old saw about not playing the lame or the injured in finals is no fallacy.
Ha!

Esava does not run better stats than Dixon even with Dixon out.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Recruiting Dixon has given Hinkley an easy out and allowed him to completely neglect developing any form of forward entry plan for the last 10 years.
Bomb it 35m out and hope is a lazy plan that's never going to work in September.
It's no surprise that we looked so much more dangerous last week
Hinkley was already doing this with Schulz and Westhoff. It isn't Dixon. Yeah he hasn't helped but it would be happening anyway.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always liked Charlie - up until he slagged off supporters!
Was enough to make a grown man cry seeing him and Lycett barely able to even hobble around the ground last season.

At least Scooter saw the light and played in a flag winning team yesterday. Sure, it's not aan AFL comp, but it was with his mates, and means just as much to him as a Power premiership would. Good on him for playing through a torn thigh injury to do it too.

Charlie is still not much better than last year physically, so will most likely get worse in future, given his age.
Thik it's best for him to "do a Scotty" and move on, to preserve his body as he gravitates into older age.
Reckon time has run out for the old codger - sadly.

So heard from a reliable source that last week he was out because he basically had a panic attack. Whilst physically he ain't 100%, Mentally I believe he's actually cooked. In no way making light of this because mental health issues plague many people, but you've got to question whether playing him based on this alone was a good idea. The last few games he's looked like a guy who had forgotten how to play the game.
Oh ffs how many panic attack rumours can one forum create. Puhlease. There was no panic attack.

The way Hinkley has pushed a clearly cooked Dixon out over the last 2 seasons is just more of the same with his treatment.

"Hey Charlie, come to Port so I can park you under hospital balls 20 times a game for 9 years and when that gameplan has destroyed your body, we'll force you back out onto the park so that not only will we finish off your body, we'll also destroy your reputation."

Dixon is a dumb campaigner for having a crack at the fans and probably a dumb campaigner generally, but he was a warrior for us and the role he was asked to play for 9 seasons was some absolute bullshit. If he'd stayed at Gold Coast or gone to another club, he's probably be sitting pretty with about 200 extra career goals, a fanbase who absolutely love him as a cult hero, and he probably doesn't wince when he gets up off the couch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Charlie Dixon - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back