Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine my shock to see 2024 Charlie Dixon once again become a slow and tired non-contributor against a half-decent side.

Only saw the last quarter but some of his jumps were ridiculous. There’s no skill or dexterity it’s just a large brute flying indiscriminately into a pack.

Bravery 9/10
Intelligence 3/10

Still better than Todd Marshall.

I watched the replay yesterday and he was horrible and horrible to watch.

He is in Jed territory at the moment, a net negative.

If Dixon plays in finals, he will be exploited like a Chinese kid in an Apple Factory.

You are quite simply blind
I don't think so.

He is terrible, an absolute ghost of a forward and will help us to lose games.

And I've been calling it all year.

He was useless earlier in the year and I hadn't watched the last 6 or so games and his body is gone and his best attribute, his contested marking is completely gone. Esava was playing his contested marking game up the ground.

The sooner we remove him the better.

I said that about Jed and I said that about Burton and the team has been without those net negatives.

Dixon is not cooked, he is burnt to a cinder and holding on because he is a selfish twat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think so.

He is terrible, an absolute ghost of a forward and will help us to lose games.

And I've been calling it all year.

He was useless earlier in the year and I hadn't watched the last 6 or so games and his body is gone and his best attribute, his contested marking is completely gone. Esava was playing his contested marking game up the ground.

The sooner we remove him the better.

I said that about Jed and I said that about Burton and the team has been without those net negatives.

Dixon is not cooked, he is burnt to a cinder and holding on because he is a selfish twat.
He was playing on the best defender in the league and allowed others to succeed. Again, all it takes is to imagine what Weitering would have done to Finlayson, Marshall or Lord to understand why Dixon was important.

Finlayson would have been having a sook by quarter time, Marshall would have been playing from behind all game and Lord got destroyed by a SANFL defender who is 1/10000 of the player Weitering is.

It's a team sport. Sometimes a player's team contribution can be greater than their individual contribution. That's football.

It should be compulsory for anti Dixon posts to include who you want in the team instead because it's the difference between your post making sense and your post not making sense.

If you want Lord then fair.

If you want Marshall then open season to rip your post to shreds.

It should be compulsory for anti Dixon posts to include who you want in the team instead because it's the difference between your post making sense and your post not making sense.

McEntee obviously

I watched the replay yesterday and he was horrible and horrible to watch.

He is in Jed territory at the moment, a net negative.

If Dixon plays in finals, he will be exploited like a Chinese kid in an Apple Factory.
he's actually playing the jed role

he's a negating forward, that's how far he has fallen.

wont be long before teams realise you don't need your best defender on him and start running off him at will.

he's actually playing the jed role

he's a negating forward, that's how far he has fallen.

wont be long before teams realise you don't need your best defender on him and start running off him at will.
I think this is a fair point.

Earlier in the year against Freemantle Dixon was getting killed by Pearce but kept leading to the prime areas and demanding the ball ... and Port kept kicking it to him. That was pretty stupid play and it was on Dixon, the coach and the other players who kept kicking it to him.

Against Carlton - and I was only watching on tv - he seemed more willing to act as decoy and move Weitering away from the action. In fairness to Dixon - going from main guy to decoy is not easy!

I was surprised that Carlton identified Dixon as the prime threat put Wietering on him and left Wietering on him. And then that Weitering didn't just run off him. I wonder how long that will last. It seems a bit like how Finnlayson's tactic of not competing in the ruck was effective for a while until other teams realised what was happening.

He was playing on the best defender in the league and allowed others to succeed. Again, all it takes is to imagine what Weitering would have done to Finlayson, Marshall or Lord to understand why Dixon was important.

Finlayson would have been having a sook by quarter time, Marshall would have been playing from behind all game and Lord got destroyed by a SANFL defender who is 1/10000 of the player Weitering is.

It's a team sport. Sometimes a player's team contribution can be greater than their individual contribution. That's football.
It is a very negative Hinkley way to play the game.

He was killed and couldn't even launch at the ball the normal way he does give a contested mark. He looked unco out there. Truly unco.

He's been reamed all year and will get it up the exhaust pipe all the way for the rest of the year.

He's a broken chain and opposition coaches have exploited him and will continue to exploit his obvious weaknesses especially in finals when good coaches like Chris Scott will get a three to four goal advantage out of that matchup.

Esava Ratugolea is basically playing his role. I thought he looked pretty good on the weekend considering it is new to him, well, at least, for a while.

It is a very negative Hinkley way to play the game.

He was killed and couldn't even launch at the ball the normal way he does give a contested mark. He looked unco out there. Truly unco.

He's been reamed all year and will get it up the exhaust pipe all the way for the rest of the year.

He's a broken chain and opposition coaches have exploited him and will continue to exploit his obvious weaknesses especially in finals when good coaches like Chris Scott will get a three to four goal advantage out of that matchup.
worst result was him kicking 4 goals a few weeks ago, he wont get dropped for the rest of the season now..

I would prefer Marshall but we need a 2nd ruck so it would be Lord out of those two.

And also, you would tee off on Marshall in your reply and I'm not in the mood. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back