Player Watch Charlie Dixon - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The supporter base doesn't look upon Dixon's last 2 years favourably like it did with Schulz who probably deserved an extra year but didn't get it.

Schulz seemed more committed to his football and put his body on the line during the bad years and was technically a brilliant set shot that he could teach others.

Dixon not making the call whilst working on his side hustles doesn't sit well with me for whatever reason.

To be honest, this is totally obvious to everyone in the footy world. There was zero chance he was remaining.

What I don't understand is why this hasn't already happened. Can only assume he wants to slide away quietly?
Not much is announced GF week
That's why I'm not expecting the sacking of Ken until next week as well.

The supporter base doesn't look upon Dixon's last 2 years favourably like it did with Schulz who probably deserved an extra year but didn't get it.

Schulz seemed more committed to his football and put his body on the line during the bad years and was technically a brilliant set shot that he could teach others.

Dixon not making the call whilst working on his side hustles doesn't sit well with me for whatever reason.
As an aside, I remember one of those "Inside Port Adelaide" doco things showing Schulzy's speech to the playing group announcing his retirement in 2016.

Chris Davies sat there texting through the entire speech.

As an aside, I remember one of those "Inside Port Adelaide" doco things showing Schulzy's speech to the playing group announcing his retirement in 2016.

The Candy Crush Incident.

From memory the club baulked and gave him a 1-year deal off the back of a 44 goal season at age 30. He initially was looking to get a deal with Freo but remained in my view loyal.

Ironically Dixon was traded in and considered the number key forward target thereout.

Dixon has inked more deals, probably gone on 2 years longer than deserved whilst approaching his mid 30s.

Just think the club operates as a boys club, Schulz could've been a decent forwards coach, clearly focuses on technique and accuracy. Dixon hangs around partly because he keeps close with the coach.

Just got word, Dixon retirement imminent, Boak leaning towards retirement to. Hartletts position as SANFL coach being reviewed, same as Chad as forwards coach. Soldo out the door, we will accept anything from 25-40. Sam Day being looked at as a an experienced delisted free agent, club backing Lord to come good though and Day more SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Charlie Dixon - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back