Chris Johnson delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
HALF-back/midfielder Chris Johnson has been delisted by Melbourne after the Demons and his management could not agree to a new contract.

It is now understood the Western Australian is eager to pursue his AFL career with Carlton and could be targeted by the Blues in the NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft.

Johnson, 22, played 31 matches for Melbourne after being claimed as a father/son selection from East Fremantle in the 2003 NAB AFL Draft.

He made his debut in round eight 2005 against Hawthorn.

After entering the 2008 season with 21 games under his belt, Johnson produced some fine football in the second half of the season, when he played eight consecutive matches from rounds 12 to 19.

From rounds 14 to 17 this year, Johnson collected 108 disposals at an average of 27 touches, including a career-best 33 against the Brisbane Lions in round 14 – one of Melbourne's three wins in 2008.

He missed the Demons' final three games of 2008 with a groin injury.

Johnson is the son of 1983 and 1989 Melbourne best-and-fairest winner Alan.
http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=69475

This reeks of Carlton.

Absolutley.

If Freo step in and take him ....we will hear the cries of 'poor CJ', 'think of the children' and 'if we get free agency becasue of this ...it is Freo's fault'.

If anyone mentions Nick Stevens ...that will be somehow explained as a totally different scenario.

Absolutley.

If Freo step in and take him ....we will hear the cries of 'poor CJ', 'think of the children' and 'if we get free agency becasue of this ...it is Freo's fault'.

If anyone mentions Nick Stevens ...that will be somehow explained as a totally different scenario.

is he really that good? 31 games in 5 seasons. his best season was the clubs worst,,

Showed a bit this year. Really sorry to lose him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutley.

I pity you people, even though Carlton is linked to a dud yet you wish your team can pick him just for the sake of preventing us from gaining a player. Anyway if Freo are interested then take him as you please. :)

Absolutley.

You can have him.

Good players simply don't make it through to the PSD.

I would rather Carlton give a chance to an untried kid who would walk on hot coals for a one year contract and a shot at the AFL.

Dig up a few Pfeiffer threads on the Carlton board and you'll probably find positive comments about his drafting...

:eek:

Although I'm not sure of the exact details, it is extremely disappointing to lose him for nothing.

He finally showed some good signs this season and would've snuck into my best 22 for 2009 onwards.

Poor effort from the club. Either re-sign him, or trade him. You don't let a promising player like that walk for nothing.

Poor melbourne - put some work into the kid and he starts to look good and he wants to leave!

This is worse than Warnock - at least he wanted to go home, this kid just sounds like a w***er

Liked the look of him when he played us at home this year, played very well, good foot skills and composed.

Poor melbourne - put some work into the kid and he starts to look good and he wants to leave!

This is worse than Warnock - at least he wanted to go home, this kid just sounds like a w***er

You keyboard heroes never cease to amaze me.

The kid could not agree on contract terms with his employer so he a w***er? :rolleyes:

You don't know him from a bar of soap.

No big loss. Struck a few good games together towards the end of this year but that is it.

Was hoping we could nab a 3rd rounder for him in trade week but there were no bites.

I know i didn't have him in my best 22 for 2009, so quite frankly i don't give a shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Johnson delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back