Chris Knights to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows offloading two spuds and they get rewarded? WTF

Interesting. Knights = spud? I hadn't come across anyone who thought that... explain.

Also, you have accidently committed the ultimate Big Footy sin... you have suggested that Walker and Jacobs are of value. Mwaahahahahaha.

I think we are underestimating the true value of Jacobs.
A ruckmen who has just proven himself in a final, alot of teams like Crows and Power would be looking at him as their first ruckmen, he's very young which means he will only get better.
In my opinion Jacobs for Knights is not enough for Carlton there may need to be an upgrade of picks or something aswell.
IMHO Jacobs is quite easily worth a first round pick, just have a look at what clubs have paid for ruckmen over the last few years.
HFF grow on trees compared to finding quality ruckmen.
Trade hard and on our terms or keep him.

I think we are underestimating the true value of Jacobs.
A ruckmen who has just proven himself in a final, alot of teams like Crows and Power would be looking at him as their first ruckmen, he's very young which means he will only get better.
In my opinion Jacobs for Knights is not enough for Carlton there may need to be an upgrade of picks or something aswell.
IMHO Jacobs is quite easily worth a first round pick, just have a look at what clubs have paid for ruckmen over the last few years.
HFF grow on trees compared to finding quality ruckmen.
Trade hard and on our terms or keep him.

This is spot on.

Couldn't disagree more with all the people saying we'd have to give Jacobs + something else to get Knights. Port offered up pick 8 or 9 last year for Hammer.

Just because we have 4 ruckmen doesn't mean we just give one away.

Why is Knights and Sellar for Jacobs and Walker a good trade for us?

Surely Knights doesn't need a lot of explanation. Young, fast, proven offensive weapon, genuine midfield option, and a good trade up for guys like Scotland and Houlihan who may be entering their last season.

Sellar has done jack.

Indeed, that's why he wouldn't cost much. Walker is 25 with 100 games and should be leading the way for you young guys...he isn't. I don't know a lot about Sellar, but seems a case of lack of opportunity and resulting lack of confidence. Still only 21. Big, seemingly pretty mobile and a potentially large return should the gamble pay off. If we are unable to secure a CHB for 2011 there is little lost in giving Sellar an opportunity to make it his own.

We overrate Jacobs as much as we underrate Knights.

A few over rate him, a few (like yourself) under rate him. Most seem to think his value falls somewher between 18-25 which for mine in about right.

Absolutely..

Do a best 22 with Knights in.

Walker & Jacobs leaving makes absolutely no difference IMO.

If it happened, it would be strongest top 22 we've had in a long, long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely..

Do a best 22 with Knights in.

Walker & Jacobs leaving makes absolutely no difference IMO.

If it happened, it would be strongest top 22 we've had in a long, long time.
I youtubed him as i didnt know much and im am no very much in favor of trades of these natures.
With jacobs gone for him it will effect us very little at the start as from what im hearing we are probably bringing kruuz back through the FF position with knockers as our number 1 ruck hammer to be 2nd ruck for a couple weeks wont make a huge difference IMO
if we get this sellar guy and he is better than hammer maybe we can send hammer to GC for a pick bundle it with our first rounder and go for a CHB as well?

very good trade week if this happens

Something must have happened then if he hasn't played midfield for 2 years in an ageing team

Let the Bombers pay 400K foir him

We need that CHB

Normally I'd agree but Knights is a quality player and too good to let go. The only CHB available at the moment worth considering is Brown but it would be a big risk to take if he doesn't come through for us.

...WTF, I can't believe I just made a 'best available' call :eek:
I've been on this board too long!

Would do that trade and it actually seems reasonably fair. We get the best, and fourth best in it, so works out about right.

At worst, at least Sellar is good friends with young Bryce

Surely Knights doesn't need a lot of explanation. Young, fast, proven offensive weapon, genuine midfield option, and a good trade up for guys like Scotland and Houlihan who may be entering their last season.
No problem with Knights.

For all I care, they can take Betts and Thornton for Knights.

Betts is replaceable.

I don't rate Thornton, but he might be better placed to play his role at Adelaide beside Rutten and Davis who is a gun CHB of the future.

Bock has gone, so Thornton might be a stop gap replacement for him.

Doubt it.
Indeed, that's why he wouldn't cost much. Walker is 25 with 100 games and should be leading the way for you young guys...he isn't. I don't know a lot about Sellar, but seems a case of lack of opportunity and resulting lack of confidence. Still only 21. Big, seemingly pretty mobile and a potentially large return should the gamble pay off. If we are unable to secure a CHB for 2011 there is little lost in giving Sellar an opportunity to make it his own.
I don't have an issue with Knights, but Sellar as part of a package for Jacobs and Walker. Sellar is a tweener who hasn't developed, yet we're critical of Hampson who has played more games. This trade feels like we're throwing away Walker and Jacobs for Knights and a fringe tall.

Sounds like a bargain!

No thanks.

Some think Austin can't play CHB, yet Sellar is a chance to play that position at Carlton.

If that's the case, why wouldn't Adelaide keep him as a replacement for Bock?

Walker isn't required to lead after he's missed the best part of three seasons, just stay on the park.

Under contract and reportedly not interested in moving.
And at worst Sellar would give us a reasonable fourth string ruck in the event of injury.
Tweener like Leigh Brown.

You're practically proposing swapping Walker for a player who has shown nothing.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not sure if any of you guys caught much footy this year, because the last thing we need is an injury prone half forward!!

He's good on his day BUT WE NEED DEFENDERS – simple as that!!!!

Please forget about knights, he's not the answer!

If Walker dosnt want to go then its a non issue. I think this has come from whispers that Walker may wont out and if thats the case Sellar is a risk but if he found some form could be a massive win for the Blues as some argue Walker is surplus to requirments.

No problem with Knights.

Betts is replaceable.

Yeah let's get rid of our leading goal scorer every year :rolleyes:

Yarran has not developed enough yet to be a suitable replacement and if you think Walker's capable of replacing him then you've got rocks in your head. No way will he apply the same forward pressure that Betts does because he cannot tackle for shit anymore and nor will he be able to score the freakish goals like Betts.

I don't know about you but I rate Betts as one of the best extractors in our side, everytime there's a huge pack around the ball in our forward line Betts seems to somehow pluck it out and snap goals from near impossible positions.

We can't afford to lose that.

Yeah let's get rid of our leading goal scorer every year :rolleyes:

Yarran has not developed enough yet to be a suitable replacement and if you think Walker's capable of replacing him then you've got rocks in your head. No way will he apply the same forward pressure that Betts does because he cannot tackle for shit anymore and nor will he be able to score the freakish goals like Betts.

I don't know about you but I rate Betts as one of the best extractors in our side, everytime there's a huge pack around the ball in our forward line Betts seems to somehow pluck it out and snap goals from near impossible positions.

We can't afford to lose that.

betts is still a really handy player, but yarren and garlett are also able to do freakish things similiar to what betts does.

No problem with Knights.

Betts is replaceable.

So we'd be mad to ship off Walker and heaven forbid we move on Hampson, but can easily replace the club leading goal kicker, AFL leading goal assist, defensive pressure, and inside 50 marking ability of Betts. I have said myself I'd entertain trade scenarios for one of our small forwards but this is proper cat throwing crazy.

I don't have an issue with Knights, but Sellar as part of a package for Jacobs and Walker. Sellar is a tweener who hasn't developed, yet we're critical of Hampson who has played more games. This trade feels like we're throwing away Walker and Jacobs for Knights and a fringe tall.

If were being honest Sellar and Hampson are pretty comparable in terms of output. Tall, mobile, non football backgrounds, high picks, not shown a lot beyond flashes of potential. You're clearly desperate to nurture the potential of Hampson, yet on what I assume to be quite limited of knowledge of Sellar write the guy off (even through there is clearly greater competition for KPP spots as Adelaide).

Some think Austin can't play CHB, yet Sellar is a chance to play that position at Carlton.

Are you convinced that Austin can? I think you'll find the majority on here have no clue if Austin can play CHB or not, he's yet to give a strong indication either way. I think might be a chance to hold down a KPP if given an extended opportunity...some players need time and faith, Didn't you cite Russ as an example on here somewhere recently.

If that's the case, why wouldn't Adelaide keep him as a replacement for Bock?

They might yet. But Adelaide do have a surplus of young KPP's. Like us with our ruck situation it would be derelict of clubs not to consider ways in which they could improve holes in the list with whatever surplus they might have.

Walker isn't required to lead after he's missed the best part of three seasons, just stay on the park.

Sorry, this is just flat out wrong. Wiggins is probably the best leader at the club yet barely gets on the park. Tenure at a club should go hand in hand with leadership.

Tweener like Leigh Brown.

You mean the guy currently playing an important role with the minor premiers?

You're practically proposing swapping Walker for a player who has shown nothing.

It doesn't matter what I propose...my sway with Carlton recruiting staff is limited. I suggested that Jacobs and Walker for Knights and Sellar seemed an equitable trade for me. A (supposedly) fringe ruckman and fringe HBF/HFF/wing/CHB/not quite sure utility for a walk up HFF/mid and a young, once highly rated KPP who hasn't been able to put it together. There is no certainty, but at very least we would add the undoubted class of Knights, and back-up ruck potential of Sellar for two guys who for whatever reason don't seem to be a part of our plans going forward.

Yep Spot on.

As I've said before Walker may not want to go which would end all this talk and we dont have anything else to offer for Sellar.

Still big Sauce, if he wants to go for more game time deserves to go homw to Adelaide and Knights will fit in really well with the Blues.

We could allways ask them to chuck Sellar in as a sweetener:D:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Knights to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back