Chris Knights to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah let's get rid of our leading goal scorer every year :rolleyes:

Yarran has not developed enough yet to be a suitable replacement and if you think Walker's capable of replacing him then you've got rocks in your head. No way will he apply the same forward pressure that Betts does because he cannot tackle for shit anymore and nor will he be able to score the freakish goals like Betts.

I don't know about you but I rate Betts as one of the best extractors in our side, everytime there's a huge pack around the ball in our forward line Betts seems to somehow pluck it out and snap goals from near impossible positions.

We can't afford to lose that.

Whilst l am not advocating trading Betts, the facts are he goes missing in important games and gets a significant amount of cheap goals against ordinary opposition, there is no doubt that the improvement in Gartlett, Betts would be replaceable if there was a good offer on the table.

l can see within 12 months time Gartlett will be picked in this side before Betts.

in the last 7 weeks we have played good footy, betts has had no influence what so ever. if the right trade came, id be taking it for sure

There's something called form. And I would argue that Betts has had some influence in goal assists and forward pressure tackles over the past 7 weeks. We played well without Yarran in the side too, does that mean we turf him out as well? I wouldn't think so.

Betts has been very serviceable for us this season and is our leading goal scorer! F*** we just got rid of one of those last year (I know we had to) but in terms of our on field team, how would we be helping ourselves by getting rid of our leading goal scorer again?

There's something called form. And I would argue that Betts has had some influence in goal assists and forward pressure tackles over the past 7 weeks. We played well without Yarran in the side too, does that mean we turf him out as well? I wouldn't think so.

Betts has been very serviceable for us this season and is our leading goal scorer! F*** we just got rid of one of those last year (I know we had to) but in terms of our on field team, how would we be helping ourselves by getting rid of our leading goal scorer again?

yes and we have still been able to play good footy over that time period without him contributing heavily and kicking goals. i never said i wanted to get rid of him, however i said if the right trade was to come up, it would definitely be worth considering.

Knights barely played in 2010 that has got to sound alarm bells,It would be embarrasing to have recruited Mclean and Knights if they cant get on the park. At best a straight swap for Jacobs as the Crows are clearly Deficient in this area. Betts to Brisbane for Brennen, Waite to CHB.

Betts isn't going to be any better and learn to push up the ground. Possibly Leon Davis Mk 11 who also goes missing when the heat is on.

I'd argue that Houlihan was more influential as a defensive half forward who took gun running backman out of the game.

Our forward structure would be more dangerous with Garlett plus two flanker /mids in Knights and Yarran who can kick long goals from 50.

Betts can't kick fifty metres.

Yarran can mark and kick that distance off two steps.

I had flash backs to Brad Pearce watching Walker's game on Mattner. Walker was too strong, tall and quick for the flanker they threw at him.

Must keep unless we get a good offer.

Sellar doesn't cut it.

If you want a small forward, there is ample evidence that you can find another one in the draft, PSD or rookie draft. Adelaide just cut Jarrhan Jacky, so they might be on the look out for a forward pocket to crumb off Tippett, Henderson and Walker.

The difference between Hampson and Sellar is our ruck/forward isn't a tweener. Hammer applies great defensive pressure using his speed and works harder at ground level. If Sellar was on our list in 2010, Henderson, Waite, Kreuzer, Warnock, Hampson, Jacobs and Hampson would also be ahead of him.

If Sellar wasn't a former first round pick, you wouldn't want a bar of him.

I didn't say that Austin was our CHB, but you seem to think a tweener inbetween KPP/ruck can adapt to this role. If that was the case, Adelaide would keep Sellar as a replacement for Bock.

Leigh Brown doesn't lack intensity and workrate, but he's still a hack in three positions under Malthouse. The plays for Collingwood argument suggests we should go after Toovey because he plays for Collingwood.

Wouldn't have a bar of him.

Quite happy to send Jacobs to Adelaide for Chris Knights and a swap of later draft picks in Adelaide's favour. I have no interest in James Sellar because I've actually seen him play.

I think that Sam Jacobs final destination largely depends on whether we go after Knights or Salopek.

Betts isn't going to be any better and learn to push up the ground. Possibly Leon Davis Mk 11 who also goes missing when the heat is on.

I'd argue that Houlihan was more influential as a defensive half forward who took gun running backman out of the game.

Our forward structure would be more dangerous with Garlett plus two flanker /mids in Knights and Yarran who can kick long goals from 50.

Betts can't kick fifty metres.

Yarran can mark and kick that distance off two steps.

I had flash backs to Brad Pearce watching Walker's game on Mattner. Walker was too strong, tall and quick for the flanker they threw at him.

Must keep unless we get a good offer.

Sellar doesn't cut it.

If you want a small forward, there is ample evidence that you can find another one in the draft, PSD or rookie draft. Adelaide just cut Jarrhan Jacky, so they might be on the look out for a forward pocket to crumb off Tippett, Henderson and Walker.

The difference between Hampson and Sellar is our ruck/forward isn't a tweener. Hammer applies great defensive pressure using his speed and works harder at ground level. If Sellar was on our list in 2010, Henderson, Waite, Kreuzer, Warnock, Hampson, Jacobs and Hampson would also be ahead of him.

If Sellar wasn't a former first round pick, you wouldn't want a bar of him.

I didn't say that Austin was our CHB, but you seem to think a tweener inbetween KPP/ruck can adapt to this role. If that was the case, Adelaide would keep Sellar as a replacement for Bock.

Leigh Brown doesn't lack intensity and workrate, but he's still a hack in three positions under Malthouse. The plays for Collingwood argument suggests we should go after Toovey because he plays for Collingwood.

Wouldn't have a bar of him.

Is this supposedly a compliment to Walker? 95' Pearce was a jet, then nada. think you're being harsh on Eddie for a bad month, when Yaz goes midfield he's very much required.

Meh. Going by the current admins record, they only have the capacity to work on one trade at a time, and that trade takes the entire week being finalised on Friday. Fevola trade went forever. Warnick trade likewise. Judd trade also.

So I'd rather our team focus there one and only trade on a proper FB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Knights = spud? I hadn't come across anyone who thought that... explain.

Also, you have accidently committed the ultimate Big Footy sin... you have suggested that Walker and Jacobs are of value. Mwaahahahahaha.

Perhaps I was a bit rash, tainted by my anti Crows bias. Marginally better than the average hack perhaps.
The question to be asked is what would be gained from the trade.
We lose Sauce who appears to be on the verge becoming a top ruckman.
We swap Tex for Knights which at best is a 0-0 draw, although checking out the stats and performances for 2010 (use link below) I say we'd be in the red.

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare...rName4=&Compare=Compare&SelectedPlayers=1596,

And we get Sellars who is the mould of Hartlett and Ackland. Pass.

Keeping Sauce frees up Kreuzer for a forward role. In any case, ruckmen coming back from knee recos are a long term rehab option so while it appears we have 4 good rucks, the reality is 3 for 2011. Losing big Red will Leave us with 2. If Warnock goes down, Hampson becomes the only recognised senior ruckman.

I say

NO DEAL !

Knights barely played in 2010 that has got to sound alarm bells,It would be embarrasing to have recruited Mclean and Knights if they cant get on the park. At best a straight swap for Jacobs as the Crows are clearly Deficient in this area. Betts to Brisbane for Brennen, Waite to CHB.
It would be bordering on stupidity - if we traded Jacobs for a 185cm forward who only managed 5 games last year because of injury.

Let's trade for necessity if we can and land some quality defenders.

OK I'm confused!! Why do you have the Carlton Legend Bruce Doull as your avitar and yet Port as you listed team???

Please Explain????

OK, call it divided loyalties. Life-long Blues supporter however gotta follow someone locally here in Adelaide and just cant bring myself to support the Chardonnay set. If it helps I've changed my settings. :D

Must be something in the water out your way. Dreamin.

In OUR water? Take a look at the draft and trading board. There's pretty much a whole thread dedicated to Carlton and their ridiculous trade suggestions.

Please explain how Knights + 2nd rounder > Jacobs + 1st rounder

Do you really think you'll get a better deal than a 2nd round draft pick for Jacobs? That then leaves Knights for your first rounder which I believe is around the early 20s mark? How is that not equitable?

In OUR water? Take a look at the draft and trading board. There's pretty much a whole thread dedicated to Carlton and their ridiculous trade suggestions.

Please explain how Knights + 2nd rounder > Jacobs + 1st rounder

Do you really think you'll get a better deal than a 2nd round draft pick for Jacobs? That then leaves Knights for your first rounder which I believe is around the early 20s mark? How is that not equitable?
Our first rounder is pick 18. Would be happy to give that up for Knights (depending on how his body is). Knights would add another dimension to our forward line and strengthen our midfield rotations. Reckon his value is a pick in the early teens, though not sure you'd get that this season.

Your second rounder is ~34 or so? I'd be looking at a pick in the low 20s for Jacobs, who statistically has had a better season than all your ruckmen, Maric included.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Knights to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back