Chris Scott on Doc Larkins - "unprofessional"

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of you won't be as glowing of CS if the Cats lose another Prelim under his watch.

This comment would actually hold more weight...if you actually had a coach yourself or any semblance of a finals record to compare to...

Awks.

I can see tonights CS post loss presser now..

'We fell short, a critical part of our Premiership tilt was missing tonight and we couldn't overcome that but he'd have been right for the GF, we missed it by a game'.

Poor finals record, sound excuse making narratives.

The most annoying thing for me is that I haven't liked Doc Larkins for years, i think he is a quack who often makes the wrong/incorrect diagnosis and prognosis, but in this instance, I have to side with him with his spat from Chris Scott.

Embarrassing behaviour from a so called professional coach.

I can see tonights CS post loss presser now..

'We fell short, a critical part of our Premiership tilt was missing tonight and we couldn't overcome that but he'd have been right for the GF, we missed it by a game'.

Poor finals record, sound excuse making narratives.

So now he’s getting shitcanned for quotes he hasn’t even given yet.

no that seems a reasonable criticism

The most annoying thing for me is that I haven't liked Doc Larkins for years, i think he is a quack who often makes the wrong/incorrect diagnosis and prognosis, but in this instance, I have to side with him with his spat from Chris Scott.

Embarrassing behaviour from a so called professional coach.
Problem with Carlton is that it doesn't have a coach or CEO who could be accused of being "delusional". But once you do get a coach and Doc Larkins accuses him or his medical team of being delusional you'd expect the coach to say nothing? Doc Larkin says things for "likes". If he really wanted to make a point he could have said it in a way that wasn't inflammatory.

To be fair, Dimma is the exact same - and has had many of his own moments like this when defending players/club decisions/stances over the past few seasons. Coaches hate nothing more than outside reps making comments on things they're not privy to.

Could be an angry back pocket turned coach thing....

Problem with Carlton is that it doesn't have a coach or CEO who could be accused of being "delusional". But once you do get a coach and Doc Larkins accuses him or his medical team of being delusional you'd expect the coach to say nothing? Doc Larkin says things for "likes". If he really wanted to make a point he could have said it in a way that wasn't inflammatory.

So the fact Carlton are coach or ceo less means i am not allowed to express an opinion on anything not related to our footy club ?

Not saying Larkins was right what he said either, but I think Scott should have just ignored it or laughed it off.

Just my opinion.

I think it is actually incumbent on people in the footy industry to treat Dr Larkins with a level of respect whereby when he says something they believe him.

So the fact Carlton are coach or ceo less means i am not allowed to express an opinion on anything not related to our footy club ?

Not saying Larkins was right what he said either, but I think Scott should have just ignored it or laughed it off.

Just my opinion.
Correct. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a knack of saying ridiculous things. "Mission accomplished" was one of my favourites.

If you’re like basically anyone else who brings up that quote, it’s one of your favourites because you have removed any context from it whatsoever

doesnt seem quite as funny when you read

"We'll learn some things from tonight. In that respect, it's kind of 'mission accomplished' a little bit, but the competitor in you and in our boys would clearly liked to have performed better after half-time."

Wow, coach happy to take the positives but disappointed with negatives. This will feed the masses for 7 years it’s so groundbreaking.

C'mon Chris Scott , the good doctor likes to watch himself on tv, yet another "celebrity", and nobody should question celebrities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back