Chris Scott on Doc Larkins - "unprofessional"

Remove this Banner Ad

No issues here. Larkins out of line by commenting. Not privy to full scope of information. Scott defending his club and employees.

Carry on.

Without surgery its up to 6 months injury, with surgery its up to 12 months injury. There are studies from around the world showing this.

The funny bit at the end is where the team thought the player may be able to return early... but he ended up missing the whole season.

Sounds familiar.

And that has zero relevance.
Different doctors at different clubs.

A US study of NFL footballers found 6 months recovery for no surgery, 12 months for surgery is the average. Either Stewart didnt have Lisfranc or Scott is just telling porkies and getting all the media focus on himself because that is his main goal for coaching (his finals record suggests its not winning flags).

A US study of NFL footballers found 6 months recovery for no surgery, 12 months for surgery is the average. Either Stewart didnt have Lisfranc or Scott is just telling porkies and getting all the media focus on himself because that is his main goal for coaching (his finals record suggests its not winning flags).
there is currently one active coach in the competition with more flags so yeah I guess we can say no one else’s goal is winning flags either

Was on his side til the “entertainer” jab. Childish really. Doc Larkins really shouldn’t be commenting on situations he has minimal information about. No one covering themselves in glory here

Agree.

I'll bite, who are you trying to convince and of what? I don't think you'll find a single person who has said or believes that Stewart is likely to return in 2 weeks if Geelong make the Grand Final. All that anyone has said, Chris Scott included, is that Tom is progressing in his recovery, so far he is ticking off the expected boxes and there is a chance he could potentially get up for the GF. That might be a 1% chance, a 5% chance - we don't know, but I think everybody agrees that it is clearly the least likely outcome.

No one is arguing about the general timeframe for recovery from a Lisfranc injury either, but we don't know the specifics of Tom's situation. The only people who are privy to that info are the medical team around him, who are aware of the severity of the injury, they've seen the scans, they know how the surgery went and how invasive it was, they see Stewart on a daily basis and are working closely with him. People aren't even supposed to be able to weight bare for months after Lisfranc surgery, yet Stewy has already resumed running. Clearly his situation isn't a typical one for whatever reason, unless you really believe your alternative that it's all a big conspiracy and it's not real in the first place. I can't understand what Geelong would have to gain from making up something like that but to each their own.

As for the laughable suggestion that Scott is selling supporters false hope, he hasn't given any prognosis of his own, all he's done is relay the information given to him by his medical staff when asked questions at a press conference. Which is that Tom is on track in his recovery and can't be completely ruled out for the GF until the day actually comes, if it even comes at all. Nobody is going to be outraged if Tom isn't running around playing footy in 2 weeks unless they have incredibly poor comprehension skills, and then they only have themselves to blame. Stewart is contracted until the end of 2024, presumably on decent coin and he's playing the best footy of his career. He is worth millions to Geelong and they simply won't allow him to play again until they are sure he's right to go.

That’s the thing though. Larkins wasn’t speaking broadly about a typical lisfranc recovery period. He labelled Geelong’s medical team ‘delusional’ which is clearly questioning their abilities and professionalism.

He is not Stewart’s treating doctor, he is not privy to his scans, surgery info and rehab progress any more than other people in the AFL industry.

I think what he meant is that Geelong is delusional about making the grand final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bigfooty: Chris Scott is feeding Geelong supports false hope.
Geelong supports: No? None of us thinks he is going to play regardless if Geelong make it. No real hope here, false or otherwise.
Bigfooty: Yeah well... his coaching record sucks and he is a flog.

Thats the extent of this thread.

I’m with Scott on this one, Larkins is an absolute cretin of the highest order.

Not surprised by this one tbh.
Loves having a sook does Chris.
Wakes up Monday morning, sh*t shower shave, then straight into having a big fat ******* sook about something. Afternoons, evening too. There'll be something to have a sook about, don't worry about that.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, same as Monday. Have a fu**in' sook.

"And what are you having for lunch today Chris?"
"A big fat ******* sook of course!"
"So the usual, good choice sir!"

Weekend, he'll find something to sook about. Don't worry about that.

Loves sooking does Chris. Loves it.
It's like oxygen. He can't live without complaining about something.
I reckon he'd drop dead if he went 5 minutes without a whinge.
Could be worse, he could look like this guy:

1631223380460.png

For Doc Larkins to post "Delusional" was a red rag to a bull. Poor choice of word by the "esteemed" sports doctor, who incidentally is a Geelong boy. He could have chosen so many other words. Chris Scott's reaction seems over the top; must be under a lot of stress.
Nah, I reckon he is just fiercely protective of our medical staff. An insult aimed at them is an insult aimed at him.

You love a leader like that.

He's a real flog.

He has that awful mannerism where he randomly smiles mid speech, for no reason and totally out of context.

Paul Little does it too.

It's such a sickening habit
He has got a lot to smile about. You don't see it on your coach much because he is already wondering how he is going to finance his meat pies for the second half of next year.

Jack Gunston was listed as 2 to 3 weeks for most of the year. Played 1 game.

Did that give you false hope? If so, how did you manage to overcome it?

I have so much false hope right now I'm not sure how I'll cope if Stewart can't play should we make the GF. Like everyone, I can't see any possible way he would be ready to play, but can you imagine if he doesn't? All this false hope for nothing.

Did that give you false hope? If so, how did you manage to overcome it?

I have so much false hope right now I'm not sure how I'll cope if Stewart can't play should we make the GF. Like everyone, I can't see any possible way he would be ready to play, but can you imagine if he doesn't? All this false hope for nothing.

I think most supporters were surprised he wasnt picked until week 8 or 9, and then quite shocked that he didnt play again. It doesnt bode well for the rest of his career either, given the type of injury and surgery.

However, apparently while Lisfranc can take 6 to 12 months to fully recover, there is near zero loss in athletic ability. So Stewart should be back to 100% by next year.

Bigfooty: Chris Scott is feeding Geelong supports false hope.
Geelong supports: No? None of us thinks he is going to play regardless if Geelong make it. No real hope here, false or otherwise.
Bigfooty: Yeah well... his coaching record sucks and he is a flog.

Thats the extent of this thread.
To be fair he is a flog, 😜

Remove this Banner Ad

Back