Chris Tarrant trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Embers said:
Question now has to be asked. Will Tarrant join Fremantle. We have can offer him a higher salary. He clearly wants to join us instead.
Salary doesn't come into it - He's under contract for next year, so he will be paid for that set amount.

As for Fremantle, they will beat an offer of pick #16 and #29, for #16 and Staker. You'd probably have to put up #16 and Rosa to compete with what they're offering.

Collingwood would want a 1st round pick + a young midfielder for tarrant, nothing less but hey anything more if other clubs think he is worth it

i doubt collingwood would be interested in pick 16 AND 29 as it would mean the 2 kids would both need time to develop, pick 16 and a young midfielder ready for AFL (possibly rosa or priddis) would be almost certainly be accepted for tarrant

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Salary doesn't come into it - He's under contract for next year, so he will be paid for that set amount.

As for Fremantle, they will beat an offer of pick #16 and #29, for #16 and Staker. You'd probably have to put up #16 and Rosa to compete with what they're offering.

Is pick 8 beating pick 16 and 29 though. IMO Tarrant doesnt really want to leave but if he has to he wants to join the Eagles. I reckon pick 16 and 29 will tie the deal up. Tarrant wants to come here and not to the Dockers. Im not sure why you want Rosa (who would refuse to leave the club pretty much) THAT badly. Id prefer Morton if i was your lot.

I seriously doubt Freo can afford 450k a year

jonesy86 said:
Pick 16 and a young midfielder ready for AFL (possibly rosa or priddis) would be almost certainly be accepted for tarrant
As if you have any idea of what would satisfy Collingwood or what's actually on the table.

If Freo offer their first pick and a player, then WC's offer will be insufficent.

Embers said:
Will he go there though?
Why wouldn't he?

Freo wouldn't be bidding for his services if they couldn't pay him.

What are they going to do? Make an offer that Collingwood accepts and then say "By the way Chris, do you mind taking a pay cut?"

If they're putting a top 10 pick on the table, then I'd wager they've done their sums.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Why wouldn't he?

Freo wouldn't be bidding for his services if they couldn't pay him.

What are they going to do? Make an offer that Collingwood accepts and then say "By the way Chris, do you mind taking a pay cut?"

If they're putting a top 10 pick on the table, then I'd wager they've done their sums.

Fair enough, still if Collingwood went to Tarrant and asked which club hed rather join no doubt he would say Eagles. Its up to Freo and depending on what they offer I guess.

Embers said:
Fair enough, still if Collingwood went to Tarrant and asked which club hed rather join no doubt he would say Eagles.
Why would Collingwood ask him that?

As long as Tarrant doesn't stridently object to a particular club, then Collingwood will take the best offer.

Points to Freo at the moment.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Why would Collingwood ask him that?

As long as Tarrant doesn't stridently object to a particular club, then Collingwood will take the best offer.

Points to Freo at the moment.

Well Freo have flown someone over to where he is holidaying atm to convince him to join according to the radio. Hardly sounds like he wants to go. I guess we will see how that pans out

I am with Embers on this one.

Tarrent is not desperate to leave Collingwood and he has stated that he wants to go to the Eagles, thats his prefered outcome. Fremantle are now interested because he has said he would be prepaired to move to Perth to join WC and they are expolring the option of him joining them.

Ultimately it will be Tarrants call not the Clubs.

If its Fremantle or Collingwood I would suggest he would stay.

However if Fremantle are able to secure Solomon then that will swing it around bigtime.

Saying that if Solomon and Tarrant were both in Perth I would not want Tarrant at WC.

I would not want him hanging out with his drinking partner.

People talk about Soloman but you forget that Tarrant grew up with Brauny. That would be one of the factors in him wanting to come to us, along with us winning the cup and also the thought of our midfield spoon feeding him.

sydney eagle said:
Except that a lot of people are telling us that he ISN'T a Full Forward and should be played on a flank or something. I feel that Collingwood will want too much and I am not in favour of trading away West Coast's first pick for Tarrant anyway. Plus Lynch had his best ever year at Full Forward and kicked over 60 goals. Why get another player in to play that position(especially one as inconsistant as Tarrant) when we have an in form Lynch and the possibility of Brad Smith coming good to play there ?

Quinten Lynch isn't half the player Chris Tarrant is. He just gets better delivery from the WCE's superior midfield. Tarrant is forced too wide too often, especially towards the end of the season when Collingwood's midfield really started to slow.
Maybe the Eagles could do with Chrisy after all. Even though he won't be going anywhere....Trade week Red Herring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aristotel said:
Quinten Lynch isn't half the player Chris Tarrant is. He just gets better delivery from the WCE's superior midfield. Tarrant is forced too wide too often, especially towards the end of the season when Collingwood's midfield really started to slow.
Maybe the Eagles could do with Chrisy after all. Even though he won't be going anywhere....Trade week Red Herring.

Lynch has kicked more goals in 1 final series then Tarrant has in his whole career.

Lynchs moustache > Tarrant

Aristotel said:
Tarrant is a bloody ordinary set shot kick.

Lynchie regularly drills them from outside 50 and from tight angles.

Embers said:
Is pick 8 beating pick 16 and 29 though.
Absolutely. That's much higher in value.

Embers said:
IMO Tarrant doesnt really want to leave but if he has to he wants to join the Eagles. I reckon pick 16 and 29 will tie the deal up. Tarrant wants to come here and not to the Dockers. Im not sure why you want Rosa (who would refuse to leave the club pretty much) THAT badly.
I think you have a warped idea about who is in control. Guys like Tarrant and Rosa are under contract and are professional football players. If they are traded to a team, they player for that team, or they quit football. They're realistic enough to know that if they are traded that is just a fact of life, and they will get on with it. There would be no "refusing to leave" or anything of the sort.

Embers said:
Id prefer Morton if i was your lot.
The reason we want a player and not another pick is that we want someone who is ready to contribute at AFL level. Trading Tarrant away will lower the quality of the team we field in Round 1, 2007. We need to counter-balance that by bringing in someone that is ready to play. Mitch Morton is a talented kid, but he is still extremely inconsistent at WAFL level, so he is incredibly unlikely to be ready to play AFL football next year.

Embers said:
I seriously doubt Freo can afford 450k a year
Well in the event that they manage to trade Polak without taking back a player, or add a player to the deal with us, I'd imagine that they could afford the salary for one season. I mean, realistically, to make a very good deal go ahead, Collingwood could probably pay part of his salary.

could u imagine tarrant and cousins on the piss together , not only would tarrant end up being shot by the bikies cousins would have to swim further than the width of the swan to get away from the kind of trouble they would get into

stanga said:
could u imagine tarrant and cousins on the piss together , not only would tarrant end up being shot by the bikies cousins would have to swim further than the width of the swan to get away from the kind of trouble they would get into

Funny stuff. :thumbsu:

Big Man said:
Hey what about Rosa, pick 16 and JOSH WOODEN.

Surely Josh wants to continue his 96 game AFL career and Collingwood want midfielders so hows about it?
WAY too much for Tarrant. Wooden for Tarrant ,straight swap ! No Rosa, no pick 16 NOTHING else. If they want anything else they should look to rip off some other club !

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Tarrant trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back