Chris Tarrant trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

no1bankteller said:
Hall's baggage was different. His major issue at the time of trading was more about his lack of discipline on the football field and not his "social life".
What do you know about Tarrant's social life?

What do you know about the question-marks surrounding Hall when he left St. Kilda?

no1bankteller said:
Also Hall was always a hard worker and this is something that Tarrant is also not renown for.
Pfftttt.... bollocks.

Hall himself has admitted that he took his AFL career for granted and didn't do the work required while at St. Kilda.

no1bankteller said:
Truth be he is probably somewhere in between this but I would much rather persist with Staker/Waters in oru forward line then Tarrant.
Tarrant would take Staker's spot in a heartbeat, and we'd be a better team for it.

no1bankteller said:
Comparing Tarrant to Cousins is ridiculous.
How obtuse are you?

Do you not understand the point?

Players get their noses dirty sometimes, but you just buy into a bunch of double standards despite not knowing anything about the individuals.

Tarrant is a head-case. Cousins is a champion.

It keeps it nice and simple.

Goldenblue said:
Worsfold was right to sack Gardiner, it shows he won't tolerate any crap from his players who may damage the club that Worsfold loves.
Should he have sacked Cousins?

What's with this black-and-white view of things?

Gunnar Longshanks said:
What do you know about Tarrant's social life?

What do you know about the question-marks surrounding Hall when he left St. Kilda?

Pfftttt.... bollocks.

Hall himself has admitted that he took his AFL career for granted and didn't do the work required while at St. Kilda.

Tarrant would take Staker's spot in a heartbeat, and we'd be a better team for it.

Ok I have had enough of your pufferry...where has Hall admitted that? Show me this mysterious quote...

What do you know about me?

For whats it worth my gf is from Bendigo and has known Tarrant for say more then 7 plus years going back to the days when Nathan Brown, Solomon and Tarrant used to play for the Pioneers and I trust her opinions far more then yours or your mysterious quotes that appear conveniantly when you do not have a clue what you are talking about.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
How obtuse are you?

Do you not understand the point?

Players get their noses dirty sometimes, but you just buy into a bunch of double standards despite not knowing anything about the individuals.

Tarrant is a head-case. Cousins is a champion.

It keeps it nice and simple.

Obtuse???

Cousins has been nothing but an outmost professional on the football field Tarrant not so.

Seems like you do not understand the point.

no1bankteller said:
Ok I have had enough of your pufferry...where has Hall admitted that? Show me this mysterious quote...
It was published in a big feature story on Hall in the Fairfax press during the finals.

Hall was talking about how the move to Sydney made him.

I don't have a copy of the story handy - I don't keep clippings of every newspaper - but he spoke about how he didn't do all the work at St. Kilda and how he didn't really appreciate his opportunities.

You can question whether the article exists, or whatever, but that's legit.

no1bankteller said:
What do you know about me?

For whats it worth my gf is from Bendigo and has known Tarrant for say more then 7 plus years going back to the days when Nathan Brown, Solomon and Tarrant used to play for the Pioneers and I trust her opinions far more then yours or your mysterious quotes that appear conveniantly when you do not have a clue what you are talking about.
Pfffttt.... what is this?

Your gf is from Bendigo. So what?

no1bankteller said:
Obtuse???

Cousins has been nothing but an outmost professional on the football field Tarrant not so.
So it's not about off-field stuff anymore?

Then why were you talking about Tarrant's social life?

Tarrant's ability to perform on-field is my only concern, and I would limit what I'd want us to trade accordingly.

I'm not suggesting he has reached the same heights as Cousins

But Tarrant's on-field performance should be the only think we're worried about.

You guys are giving greater emphasis to what he gets up to in his own time.

That's irrelevant. You've made that point for me by pointing to Cousins' on-field performances as a way of defending what he does off the field.

You can't say "I don't want Tarrant because of his off-field stuff", but then turn around and say "Cousins might be a bit dodgy but he's OK because he does the job in games."

Which one is it?

Are you condemning Tarrant because of his off-field behaviour (which is irrelevant) or because of concerns about how he would perform in our team?

Gunnar Longshanks said:
So it's not about off-field stuff anymore?

Then why were you talking about Tarrant's social life?

Tarrant's ability to perform on-field is my only concern, and I would limit what I'd want us to trade accordingly.

I'm not suggesting he has reached the same heights as Cousins

But Tarrant's on-field performance should be the only think we're worried about.

You guys are giving greater emphasis to what he gets up to in his own time.

That's irrelevant. You've made that point for me by pointing to Cousins' on-field performances as a way of defending what he does off the field.

You can't say "I don't want Tarrant because of his off-field stuff", but then turn around and say "Cousins might be a bit dodgy but he's OK because he does the job in games."

Which one is it?

Are you condemning Tarrant because of his off-field behaviour (which is irrelevant) or because of concerns about how he would perform in our team?

You bore me...

Or maybe I should just call you a muppet...

WCEFan said:
i just was wondering if any one even saw my post where i said the pies knocked back an offer of fletcher for tarrant?

Yes I did...

Good work... I got a bit carried away then.

Anyway I would not trage Fletcehr for Tarrant but I think I had already established that.

West Coast don't need any Key forwards. Never thought I'd ever say that. Seriously we have Lynch who will only improve, and Brad Smith is not out of calculations yet. With Lynch also adept at backing up in the ruck and our other variables in the forward line, prooven goal kickers in Hunter, etc... Our forward line does not need the inconsistent Tarrant. The price will be too high and our club is rarely on the unfavourable side of a cost/benefit analysis of a trade deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THey rejected Pick 16 and Fletcher. I dont know what they want. Forget it, tell em to jump

Fletcher and 16 is a little over the odds in my opinion anyway.

If they want more then the deal is just not happening.

I still think 16 and 29 is the best deal Collingwood could get. Theres more to happen here IMO.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
I can't believe the holier-than-thou attitude from some of you guys.

No Gunnar, that title is reserved for you on these boards.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
I can't believe the fact that we're discussing a player who would be in our best 22, yet your emphasis is on his apparently heinous off-field behaviour.

Get over it.

MG was in our best 22 as well.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
What's the worst thing Tarrant has ever done?

He got drunk and got in a fight. Big deal.

There's been other incidents, plus his attitude at times can be wrong on the field.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
If we think Tarrant would make us a better side, and the price is right, that stuff is insignificant.

And what if we do have problems with him? If is a big word.

materamagic said:
West Coast don't need any Key forwards. Never thought I'd ever say that. Seriously we have Lynch who will only improve, and Brad Smith is not out of calculations yet. With Lynch also adept at backing up in the ruck and our other variables in the forward line, prooven goal kickers in Hunter, etc... Our forward line does not need the inconsistent Tarrant. The price will be too high and our club is rarely on the unfavourable side of a cost/benefit analysis of a trade deal.

Tarrant wouldn't be taking Lynch or Hansen's place. He position is the HFF and that's where he would be played. If he was taking anyone's place it would be Stakers.

I'm on the get Tarrant bandwagon. Obviously I don't want to go for him if we're going to get r*ped, but I'm sure Woosha & the boys won't allow that.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Tarrant would be in our best 22. Do you disagree?

That's all that matters to me.

He would improve our side and if he came cheap then I'd welcome it.

Saying "not interested at any price" just makes no sense to me.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Tarrant is not an effective forward.

He has failed to kick more than 40 goals in any of the past 3 seasons.

Over the last 3 seasons, Tarrant has kicked 108.88 from 51 games.

That's not good enough.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Maybe.

But a flaky link-man like Tarrant would add nothing. We need another goal-kicker.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Why can't Tarrant play as a key forward?

He's quick enough and has good hands.

Is he too dumb to play close to goals?

Collingwood people talking up Tarrant's trade value fail to acknowledge the fact that he is a KPP imposter.

Why would anyone cough up a first round pick for an injury-prone 26 y.o. "link player"?

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Staker is a dud. He's in the Tarrant mold.

Gunnar Longshanks said:

Interesting stuff.

although this isn't directly related to tarrants trade (because no1 is replying in the other threads), these are the forwards which the eagles should be having a look at IMO

large/tall:Chris Tarrant-physically talented but needs the right team and coach to bring out his ability-good contested mark

Daniel Bradshaw:versatile player who can play at FF and CHF as well as CHB, booted 59 goals in a year where he had to take over the role of key forward as jonothan brown was injured-good set shot goal

medium/small:Mark Williams: awesome, small leading forward with pinpoint accuracy in front of goals, kicked 60 goals in 21 games and is from WA-sniper from inside 50

Ashley Mcgrath:WA boy who plays a pocket/flank role, had a dissapointing season with 14 goals from11 matches but last year was kicking bags of 5 regularly-can be thrown back for tough jobs on opposition forward

Stephen milne:crumbing forwardwho kicked a dissapointing 29 goals from 22 games but last year kicked 61 including a haul of 11 straight, has been put up for trade by st kilda and is regarded as one of the best set shots in the league-one of the best small forwards since matera

steve johnson-has found it hard to hold his position in a team of great small forwards, kicked 30 goals from 15 games and averages 13.2 disposals, has been put up for trade by geelong-great on the ground and on tight snaps

paul medhurst-small pocket/flank player who has kicked 166 goals from 99 matches but struggled to get a game with only 12 goals from 12 matches but kicked 50 goals in 2003 and has kicked large bags of goals but his inconsistency is ruining his career-good mark for his size

tarrant is by far the most likely trade but i would be interested to see what happens with steve johnson
i believe the eagles will have to put too much on the table to lure williams and milne
input would be appreciated

Gunnar Longshanks said:
What's the damning evidence that Tarrant is a headcase?

You don't know him. You've never spoken to him. You haven't seen how he conducts himself in public.

Where do these easy assumptions come from?

Rubbish, we have known what he has done in public.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
"Oh, he's a headcase"

Why? Because he's had a couple of average seasons and got in a brawl outside a nigthclub.

Who cares?

I care. Were you also angry at Gardiner or you thought so what? Plus, Tarrant has had a couple of average seasons, is he worth paying big money for?

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Look at what Ben Cousins did earlier this year. I love Cousins, and defended him at the time. I felt he was stiff to be stripped of the captaincy.

Cousins was not stripped, he resigned, that's the difference. I also was upset at Cousins too, but being the professional he is, he pulled his head in, placed his body on the line and helped the team to the flag.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
But did you think he was a "headcase"? Should we have sacked him or moved him on?

Cousins has a very different attitude. He saw what damage he did, resigned and played his guts out for the club. I'll admit I was worried about his attitude at the time, but sacking your captain is not on as I feel it's the best way of destroying your teams morale. Cousins is held in high esteem by the players.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Surely we can't afford that kind of off-field stuff. Surely that kind of baggage is damaging.

This is ridiculous.

Oh Gunnar, stop being so obnoxious. You simply will have to learn to just quietly disagree with us and respect our opinions. You won't change our minds regarding Tarrant, however I do feel the club will use their extensive knowledge when they talk to him and make the right decision for the Eagles. That's all the faith I need.

sinepari said:
I can't believe they offered Fletcher and 16.

IMO, that is a very fair trade.

Granted, Tarrant has a bad set shot, but he can mark, tackle, chase & great with goal assists. The delivery he would get from your midfield would be heaven for Tarrant. His limited supply from Collingwood vs delivery hitting him on the chest 90% of the time from WC = a completely different player.

He would kick 70 goals + at the Eagles. I would be devastated if we traded Tazz. His transition would be very smooth regardless...

What percentage of Eagles supporters would you say would have a preference for Tarrant if of course the trade was beneficial to both parties?

Just an aside....

Could the Eagles throw in Gardiner, Fletcher and our second round draft pick?

Fletcher and 16 is over the odds for mine. I don't think he'll kick over 50 goals for us so I can't see him being worth as much as that.

Personally for that kind of price I'd go for daniel bradshaw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Tarrant trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back