Chris Tarrant trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The_New_Recruit said:
IMO, that is a very fair trade.

Granted, Tarrant has a bad set shot, but he can mark, tackle, chase & great with goal assists. The delivery he would get from your midfield would be heaven for Tarrant. His limited supply from Collingwood vs delivery hitting him on the chest 90% of the time from WC = a completely different player.

He would kick 70 goals + at the Eagles. I would be devastated if we traded Tazz. His transition would be very smooth regardless...

What percentage of Eagles supporters would you say would have a preference for Tarrant if of course the trade was beneficial to both parties?

NNOOOOOOOOO!!

Fletcher is another O'Bree or Licuria.... we don't need another slow mid.

:thumbsdown:

GoOsH1 said:
Fletcher and 16 is over the odds for mine. I don't think he'll kick over 50 goals for us so I can't see him being worth as much as that.

Personally for that kind of price I'd go for daniel bradshaw.

At the price of Fletch and pick 16 we would be better off trying to trade for M Williams.

Tarrants form over the last couple of years dosen't warrant that high a price tag iMO

Bestbird said:
At the price of Fletch and pick 16 we would be better off trying to trade for M Williams.

Tarrants form over the last couple of years dosen't warrant that high a price tag iMO

Agreed, we are more than generous by offering Fletcher and pick 16. Fletcher and a second round pick would be fair enough. It's a good draft this year.

i completely agree with bestbird, but hawthorn would want a better deal for williams. maybe fletcher, staker and pick 16 for mark williams but that might be overkill

sproulie said:
NNOOOOOOOOO!!

Fletcher is another O'Bree or Licuria.... we don't need another slow mid.

:thumbsdown:

Pick 16 on top of Fletcher makes it sweeter. I did say that I would be devastated if the trade went ahead.

<Not called for, this part edited. - GB>

To some of the other posters,

Tarrant >>>> Williams. All Austarlian who has being played injured. Get a grip.

The_New_Recruit said:
Tarrant >>>> Williams. All Austarlian who has being played injured. Get a grip.

not entirely true dude...

you have to weigh up not just what they have done in the past, but where they are headed as well, in terms of talent and upside - mark pretty much has taz beat...

plus you have to look at the specific need of the club in question, in this case west coast...

williams would compliment our team more so than tarrant as we already have a similar player to taz in staker - whereas we dont have any afl-ready mid sized forwards like williams, who is also a great set shot at goal... in terms of value to our team, mark owns chris...

nibbles said:
... in terms of value to our team, mark owns chris...

I disagree, but this is why we discuss these topics on BF.

Chris Tarrant with a great pre season (no injury) in West Coast line up would be dynamic. His confidence would be heightened, which in turn leads to greater accuracy. Tarrant against the Kangas kicked 6 straight. He is capable, when delivery is sufficient. That would not be an issue at WC...

dont get me wrong, tarrant would be dynamite for the eagles

but i just rate williams better in terms of age (upside), skill, temperement, shot at goal, position played, and plus he is a WA boy - which i feel is a big thing

tarrant is great - but williams would be better for the eagles, anyway, its all academic anyway because the likelihood of us trying to get him would no doubt cost us more that tarrant would, further evidence of his value...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

beatlesmith said:
i was talking to some hawthorn supporters and they said they would givewilliams to us for nickoski and graham, what are your thoughts?

were they high when you spoke to them?

sorry if they were your mates, but that is absolutely absurd... :confused:

nah they werent and i would never go through with the deal but if you think about it, if lynch and williams were used correctly along with efforts from hansen, hunter, embley and staker, we would be unbeatable!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Tarrant trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back