Chris Tarrant's bid to rejoin Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

The way I understand it we were not offered a straight swap it was Tarrent + pick 20 for anthony + Pick 45.

All this talk of anthony's value verses Tarrent's value is a waste of time - that was not the offer

Your team offered a sh#it deal involving Anthony and it was rejected, now the way I understand it we are being offered a 3rd round pick - we are being offered sh#t - that is why we keep rejecting

Tarrant for Anthony will happen.

Chill.

Our forward line shits on yours tbh, yours is a one man forward line. Pavlich, Pavlich, Pavlich...

Anthony walks into your forward line.

We had 13 people who scored more then 10 goals.

You guys had 14.

We had a shite load more injuries.

Balla had 33 goals from 18, Barlow 15 from 12 matches, Mayne 16 from 12.

Anthony doesnt walk into shit. Its clear he aint rated by you guys or us.

Hope you blokes release him into the draft, it seems selfish of him to single out Collingwood when the apparent desire is just to return to Melbourne...

It seems obvious that its due to an increase in salary he would recieve at Collingwood by being on there veterans list next year. He would of been de-listed last year if it wasent for Harvey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So McPhee was never approached by Fremantle in the trade week?

Yes. No. Maybe. Who knows?

And why single Fremantle out - McPhee's management have the ear of more than one club, including your own.

What is the point is that it's totally irrelevant. What is and will always be the over-riding factor in that sorry saga that is the Knights Essendon era is the deterioration in trust between coach and certain players.

Which, it must be added, is still being played out - just ask Houli.

I hope you guys get Blight and 43, it's not fair, but the situation has left you guys without many options.

It's not personal just business. But I don't want us the completely **** you guys over on this one, because we have a decent track record at the trade table.

I can understand the annoyance and anger for Chris but it's no-one but Freo's fault if we can't get a deal done, we've had ample time. I don't blame us for going for Thomas, Wellingham or Dawes, no harm in asking about their availability, but we've had nearly a week to find a deal so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I can understand the annoyance and anger for Chris but it's no-one but Freo's fault if we can't get a deal done, we've had ample time. I don't blame us for going for Thomas, Wellingham or Dawes, no harm in asking about their availability, but we've had nearly a week to find a deal so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Thats all very well, but if I'm selling a Car worth $10000, and you only offer me $6000 for it, I'm not going to sell it to you whether you sit in my front yard for a week or not.

We can't make Pies offer more than they have, but it doesn't mean we have to let them/Taz have their way. He can enter the draft if we aren't happy with their offer, and Blues or Hawks et al can have first crack.

As Panther said hopefully a deal is done, we may not see it as fair, but I don't know what is??

Did you seriously? Are our clubs just as dumb as each other. This is such an easy trade to do, how can it possibly be proving this difficult?

You do realize who McPhee's manager is?

And do you realise how that comment works as much against as for you?

I hope you guys get Blight and 43, it's not fair, but the situation has left you guys without many options.

It's not personal just business. But I don't want us the completely **** you guys over on this one, because we have a decent track record at the trade table.

I reckon you're probably quite a genuine and fair-minded supporter but (and this is not directed at you personally) is your track record "decent"?

Nick Stevens, Ball, you had Essendon over a salary-cap barrel with Caracella, you left Carlton seething over Bryan and even the Jolly-Shaw trade was not without its hiccups.

Which trades were you thinking of?

I don't see your logic Kruges? If they're offering players that aren't in their best 22 and/or late picks for a guy who was among our 6 most important players in 2010 what should the Fremantle Football Club have done or be doing differently ?

As Bond pointed out, they asked for breathing space to work on their list due to the GF so we cut them some slack.

Which they reciprocated with this:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/grigg-a-tiger-collins-a-blue-20101009-16d50.html

The Dockers are seeking a third-round choice for Tarrant but Collingwood, knowing it can get him for nothing, has offered its fourth-round pick (currently 61) for the 30-year-old.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/grigg-a-tiger-collins-a-blue-20101009-16d50.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Tarrant's bid to rejoin Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back