List Mgmt. Christmas comes early (Nov 28 - 19 sleeps) - Draftee discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone here tell me the downside to Mackenzie?

From the vision I've seen and what I've read here, he is the exact player we need.

Pairing him with a less refined (skills wise) player like Ginbey or Hollands at 12 sounds like a big win.

thumbs-down-you.gif

Come on Bro - Good chance they're our picks. Talk them up!

Fist choice at both picks for you are?

And who will end up with the better career - Allan or Hotton?
Hahaha, sorry.

I still hold a small flame for Hewett, that Vic Metro game was IMO the best game by any player over the champs. Also, there was a WA u19s vs u17s game last yesr where Hewett went head to head with Johnson and came out even.

It was just the rest of the champs he didn't offer much at all.

I really like Ginbey, just have a few ahead of him. If we took the Poo at 8 and Ginbey at 12, I'd be ecstatic.
Ginbey is your classic, linear growth draftee. He has risen rapidly through the year, he could be that guy with tonnes of development left.

My choices are, with a back up for each:

8: Phillipou, is a star and will be a star.
or hard to know if a slider is here there could well be Clark, Mackenzie or even Tsatas here.
I'd take Poo over all them except Mackenzie, that's a tough decision.

12. Hollands, love his work rate and good footballer.
Back up: Hewett.

20. Keeler, 200cm forward with great skills and moves so well for his size.
Back up: Hotton

26. Clarke, love his pace and dare as a small forward. Can kick goals from nothing.
Back up: Hustwaite, love he's equally good defender as midfielder.

Phillipou would start life as a fwd and pinch hit in midfield, Hollands tank allow him to play midfield straight away.
Keeler key fwd with a bit at ruck in WAFL whilst he develops. Charlie Clarke to fill hole left by Willie and Cripps only a few years left.

More I think about it the happier I am that we split the pick.

If we were to nab Humphrey/Phillipou and Hewett/Ginbey. Possibly a Horton/Hustwaite later on.

Culley
O’Neil
Chesser
Hough
Phillipou/Humphrey
Hewett/Ginbey
Hotton/Hustwaite

Is a ******* good young group.

I think O’Neil will be a Redden level role player, Culleys floor the same but potential to develop into Matt Kennedy type, Chesser could honestly be anything, Hough looks silk.

If we have two of the latter 4 reach top 50 player in the comp level then the midfield is set for the next 8 years.

Of course they could also all flop and we have Culley and O’Neil leading our midfield for a few years but the potential is certainly exciting.

Bazzo Edwards Cole
Jones ???? Duggan
Hough Culley Chesser
Petch Allen ????
Waterman ???? B.Williams
???? Phillipou Hewett
Int: O’Neil, Hustwaite

With: Jamieson, L.Edwards, SPS, Foley, Rotham, J.Williams

Being outside chances of filling a role (likely 1-2 at best imo).

That’s the start of a decent under 25 team with the majority being under 23.

I would definitely look at targeting a KPP for next draft or Keeler if he slipped through to 26.
The most likely thing Chesser turns into is a failed first round pick who's body wouldn't let them get on the park.

From the vision I've seen and what I've read here, he is the exact player we need.

Pairing him with a less refined (skills wise) player like Ginbey or Hollands at 12 sounds like a big win.
Agreed, Mackenzie is your end user because of his beautiful kick.
Paired with a contested work rate mid is a great result. Culley, Hollands with Mackenzie is a good mix.
Mackenzie downside, because his kicking is so good he gets tagged...

Perhaps he didn't have blistering numbers (ala Ashcroft or Tsatas) or doesn't have the obvious explosiveness (Humphrey) or strength in contests (Wardlaw) of other mids or doesn't hit the goals enough.
But he is the most refined disposer of the ball (particularly by foot) of all midfield options and very good on transitions from clearances.
I prefer him to Tsatas, Clark and Ashcroft.

Draft in order of preference if available

Pick 8: Clarke, McKenzie, Phillipou, Ginbey

Pick 12 : Hewitt, Hollands, Hotton, Busslinger

Pick 20: George( I can explain if anyone is interested) Hustwaite, Keeler, Jones

Pick 26: Jones, Allen, Gilbey,

*If Busslinger was available after pick 12 would certainly look at options to grab him by trading up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More I think about it the happier I am that we split the pick.

If we were to nab Humphrey/Phillipou and Hewett/Ginbey. Possibly a Horton/Hustwaite later on.

Culley
O’Neil
Chesser
Hough
Phillipou/Humphrey
Hewett/Ginbey
Hotton/Hustwaite

Is a ******* good young group.

I think O’Neil will be a Redden level role player, Culleys floor the same but potential to develop into Matt Kennedy type, Chesser could honestly be anything, Hough looks silk.

If we have two of the latter 4 reach top 50 player in the comp level then the midfield is set for the next 8 years.

Of course they could also all flop and we have Culley and O’Neil leading our midfield for a few years but the potential is certainly exciting.

Bazzo Edwards Cole
Jones ???? Duggan
Hough Culley Chesser
Petch Allen ????
Waterman ???? B.Williams
???? Phillipou Hewett
Int: O’Neil, Hustwaite

With: Jamieson, L.Edwards, SPS, Foley, Rotham, J.Williams

Being outside chances of filling a role (likely 1-2 at best imo).

That’s the start of a decent under 25 team with the majority being under 23.

I would definitely look at targeting a KPP for next draft or Keeler if he slipped through to 26.

Culley, Phillapou and Hewett all on ball.

That would be somewhat of an over correction from having no big bodied mids.

DJ adds some zip around the packs, Chesser also.

8. Ginbey just convinced he’s who we will pick. It’s just the vibe.
12. Bit left field but Jones, think GWS will pick him before our pick 20. Has the skills just don’t worry about height.
20. Allan
26. Keeler or George

I would love him at 8 - when Eastcoasteagle and Monocle did our combined ranking, he came off at 7, but it could be as low 6 to the Hawks

I personally do not think much has changed as a result of the combine. What will have been a bigger impact are the interviews and psych testing. The guys in the colts and U18 all wear GPS trackers and these would likely be available to the clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back