List Mgmt. Christmas comes early (Nov 28 - 19 sleeps) - Draftee discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEST COAST​

He may have started in defence, but West Coast NGA prospect Tyrell Dewar finished the year as an exciting small-forward. The skilful, speedy prospect booted five goals in Subiaco’s first two Colts finals, but there’s every chance he slips all the way through to the rookie draft and becomes an Eagle. Classy wingman Jordyn Baker, who averaged 118 Champion Data ranking points in his first eight WAFL Colts games this season and featured for WA at the national carnival, is another tied to the club’s academy.

Assuming they don’t get called out in the main draft, is there any reason why we wouldn’t add either of these two on as cat b rookies. It’s a free hit

Does anyone know much about them?

Dewar sounds like someone we should be targeting

WEST COAST​

He may have started in defence, but West Coast NGA prospect Tyrell Dewar finished the year as an exciting small-forward. The skilful, speedy prospect booted five goals in Subiaco’s first two Colts finals, but there’s every chance he slips all the way through to the rookie draft and becomes an Eagle. Classy wingman Jordyn Baker, who averaged 118 Champion Data ranking points in his first eight WAFL Colts games this season and featured for WA at the national carnival, is another tied to the club’s academy.

Assuming they don’t get called out in the main draft, is there any reason why we wouldn’t add either of these two on as cat b rookies. It’s a free hit

Both are very promising - I watched a lot of Baker on stream, and he has good traits, and upside. Dewar killed it in the finals.

What are the rules that allow our NGA prospects to be Cat B and not rookies?

I thought it was if they were overlooked for both ND and Rookie drafts
I looked up the rules prior to my post

We can list our NGA players as Cat B rookies prior to the rookie draft, assuming they were overlooked in the main draft

A6DADBB5-A13B-4082-8CAE-0C6DA65E9582.jpeg

Last edited:
I looked up the rules prior to my post

We can list our NGA players as Cat B rookies prior to the rookie draft, assuming they were overlooked in the main draft

View attachment 1539515
Great but that would get them as rookies. Not Cat B but auto select rookies

Something tells me we overlook them and add them after the rookie draft as Cat AB’s.

Great but that would get them as rookies. Not Cat B but auto select rookies

Something tells me we overlook them and add them after the rookie draft as Cat AB’s.
1FD5826D-25A2-4C53-927E-E85CA7F3E819.jpeg

10.1(b)(vi)

They get listed as a cat b rookie

WEST COAST​

Both played the champs and showed a bit, I thought Baker looked really good last year and his wafl form earlier this year was very strong as per those ranking points.
But I didn't think he was that great in the champs.
Dewar showed a bit as a small fwd. Got real pace and some xfactor.
Both 50/50 for Cat B placements, doesn't cat B come from soft cap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These 2 NGA's sound a lot more promising than old mate Ethan Regan, who turned out to be Jack Darling vanilla lite and dropped silently off a cliff :sadv1:

I honestly wouldn't dislike an all WA draft cohort. Particularly the collection below, who all blitzed their combine testing, save Hewetts time trial.

8 - Ginbey
12 - Hewett
20 - Jones
26 - Allan

Philipousis, Mckenzie and Keeler also wouldn't go down horribly.

Be nice if we took 5 (Broadbent) in the ND but i really don't see it happening. At least our first rookie draft selection is locked into being a real high one, so we get first crack on the best rated talent to miss out (Unless we trade pick 2 to Port for SPP and some magic beans).

LOL, look at this cheating kent. Dominates like me playing U10's when i was 16.

Just so everyone knows, I no longer want to draft Hewett after Reid turns and don't argues him at the 21 second mark.

The AFL should introduce a lottery for the #1 pick for bottom 4 clubs . Mind you the bottom 10 teams would tank to finish bottom 4

LOL, look at this cheating kent. Dominates like me playing U10's when i was 16.

Just so everyone knows, I no longer want to draft Hewett after Reid turns and don't argues him at the 21 second mark.

I wouldn't worry about that. He don't argued everyone from that footage. And yes, TANK.

You mean like the only time we finished last and got pick 4 instead if 1 when a new team came into the league?
And Dave Swallow was considered a generational talent.

He hasn't quite hit those heights but a lot of that (IMO) was due to Gold Coast's horrendous development of young footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back