Clark trade discussion #2 (please read opening post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see pick 6 ending up our way especially when I think there's an interview with someone from Port saying that they wouldn't be trading it.

It's going to be a long week...

Fremantle apparently bid their pick 16 for Tom Mitchell in the father/son bidding. Might indicate they think it won't be including in a Clark trade? It's possible they just wanted to force Sydney's hand to use a first pick.

Fremantle apparently bid their pick 16 for Tom Mitchell in the father/son bidding. Might indicate they think it won't be including in a Clark trade? It's possible they just wanted to force Sydney's hand to use a first pick.

Yeah, as you suggested we shouldn't read too much into that. Syd were never gonna let him go so Freo were just doing their bit.

Yeah, as you suggested we shouldn't read too much into that. Syd were never gonna let him go so Freo were just doing their bit.

Hah, we'd be in trouble if Sydney said "meh, let Freo have him at that price".

Hard to say if it was a ploy by Freo to force the swans to use their first round pick but this kid can seriously play. Easily a top 10 player in my opinion. Will be a very good player.

Hah, we'd be in trouble if Sydney said "meh, let Freo have him at that price".

Hard to say if it was a ploy by Freo to force the swans to use their first round pick but this kid can seriously play. Easily a top 10 player in my opinion. Will be a very good player.

A bit of both in that play I'd suggest.

Unsurprisingly, Kerr quickly fires back.

Looks like the brinkmanship continues, not unlike last year's Tarrant trade.

Could be a long week.

Sounds like Freo aren't offering any players that Vossy, Kerr and co. are interested in. Maybe Clark and Brisbane's second rounder for pick 16 and Palmer's comp. pick. Griffen deal might have to go through first. Either way I think Freo will get a bargain in Clark.

A bit of both in that play I'd suggest.

Unsurprisingly, Kerr quickly fires back.

Looks like the brinkmanship continues, not unlike last year's Tarrant trade.

Could be a long week.

Looking likely. :thumbsu:

Lions Seeking Fair Trade

The Brisbane Lions are expecting to be active participants in the AFL’s Trade Week which commences today.

Most of the Trade Week discussion surrounding the Lions will be centred around Mitch Clark who has requested a move back home to Western Australia.

While speculation is rife surrounding what the Lions might possibly receive from Fremantle, West Coast or even a third party in return for the 23 year-old ruckman/forward, Senior Coach Michael Voss simply hopes that an agreement can be reached before the 2pm deadline on Monday 17 October.

“It’s way too early to tell how the week will unfold, but we’ve obviously got to go through the process and do the right thing by all parties concerned, because we also have a responsibility to our members and supporters to make sure we act in the best interests of the Club.” Voss said.

“If we can get it done, we will, but there’s still so much time that has to pass before we sit and make that deal.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looks like we are asking for Pick 16 and a player and Freo just want to part with pick 16.

Is it possible for us to exchange our compo pick that we have activated for this year for the Palmer compo pick? My thinking is that we could then bank it and use it next year, this would be quite an uprade in 2012.

Bris to get pick 16 and Palmer compo pick.
Freo to get Clark and our (Harbrow?) compo pick that has to be used this year.

Is he going to Perth just to go home and if Freo dosent turn out then WC will be just as good or is his heart set with Freo?

If his heart set on Freo we need to get a three way trade by the looks of it to get a player (Coll, us & Freo so we get beams for example)

IF it's more of a case of if it's Freo great, if not west coast is a good second choice then we could use WC to spook Freo.

I know we need a backup for Leuy now but why Hudson? surely we can do better

Just heard Chris Bond on Trade Week radio. He was asked about pending trades & he replied, "Oh look as long as it's all fair & reasonable & things go our way". :confused:

With negotiators like that, the Clark deal is going down to the wire...

Just heard Chris Bond on Trade Week radio. He was asked about pending trades & he replied, "Oh look as long as it's all fair & reasonable & things go our way".

I get the impression that the only thing fair and reasonable to Freo (and their posters on here) is screwing the Lions over anyway they can...if that is the case, I'm still of the opinion just let him go for nothing to the PSD.

I get the impression that the only thing fair and reasonable to Freo (and their posters on here) is screwing the Lions over anyway they can...if that is the case, I'm still of the opinion just let him go for nothing to the PSD.

Yere Dylan they seem to be a bit ambivalent towards striking a fair deal for both clubs.

It may be hard for the Lions to convince a player to move from Freo, especially ones such as Mayne/Ibbotson. So then the minimum could be Pick 16 & the Palmer compo pick.

I'm willing to take the short term hit like you to send a message, but only if we can guarantee he doesnt get to Freo. If they get him for free, the message is somewhat neutered.

Need to start gauging GWS's intentions.

I'm willing to take the short term hit like you to send a message, but only if we can guarantee he doesnt get to Freo. If they get him for free, the message is somewhat neutered.

Need to start guaging GWS's intentions.

IMO, Clark just couldn't afford to take his chances in the PSD. He'd probably stand out of AFL footy for a year...maybe cool his heels in the WAFL.

Or sign a 1 year deal with GWS on the proviso that they trade him back to Freo in 2013.

It may be hard for the Lions to convince a player to move from Freo, especially ones such as Mayne/Ibbotson. So then the minimum could be Pick 16 & the Palmer compo pick.

Agreed...I know Ibbotson played at East Freo so the likliehood of him leaving are evry slim, however I have no idea where Mayne is from (I seem to recall that he might be from Sandy Dragons in Vic, but not sure) so he may be more open to joining us if he is limited of opportunities.

For mine, it has to be pick 16 and either, Mayne or Palmer compo pick...even then, IMO, Freo have done bloody well in getting such a quality player and I'm not interested in any Freo posters opinions on the subject...its been done.:rolleyes:

Just read on Superfooty.com this new message from Bond of Freo-

Bond also said Fremantle would not give up its first-round draft pick for Brisbane ruckman Mitch Clark.

pretty much he is Simply claiming its not an option, these blokes need to get real, you want an elite footballer at the expense of another club you need to cough up. So sick of the "We want this, but its not an option to give up this".. put ya picks were your mouth is, or go set up your shut up shop somewhere else.

Agreed...I know Ibbotson played at East Freo so the likliehood of him leaving are evry slim, however I have no idea where Mayne is from (I seem to recall that he might be from Sandy Dragons in Vic, but not sure) so he may be more open to joining us if he is limited of opportunities.

For mine, it has to be pick 16 and either, Mayne or Palmer compo pick...even then, IMO, Freo have done bloody well in getting such a quality player and I'm not interested in any Freo posters opinions on the subject...its been done.:rolleyes:

Mayne is WA boy from Perth Football Club(WAFL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back