Clark trade discussion #2 (please read opening post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read on Superfooty.com this new message from Bond of Freo-

Bond also said Fremantle would not give up its first-round draft pick for Brisbane ruckman Mitch Clark.

pretty much he is Simply claiming its not an option, these blokes need to get real, you want an elite footballer at the expense of another club you need to cough up. So sick of the "We want this, but its not an option to give up this".. put ya picks were your mouth is, or go set up your shut up shop somewhere else.

I just read this as well. This is going to be a long week!

Its honestly becoming a joke... The least we can take is pick 16, at worst! And Freo aren't even willing to give up that.

Freo must be trying to get back at us for the Des Headland trade. :rolleyes:

Freo are being ridiculous and are really wanting to get him for nothing.. No chance I reckon he will go to West Coast who at least seem to rate him higher or are willing to actually pay for him.

Yeah at worst, if Freo refuse to deal fairly, we can take an offer slightly below market value from WC. You'd think they'd at least be able to offer something to us.

Freo are being ridiculous and are really wanting to get him for nothing.. No chance I reckon he will go to West Coast who at least seem to rate him higher or are willing to actually pay for him.

Brisbane will hold out for as long as possible, and fair enough. They are in no rush to get that deal done. So if pick 16 has been offered you'd be stupid to accept on day 1. Although that is what might be what it is done for.

Just because Kerr says WCE have shown more interest dont be fooled into believing that. Thats just trying to create interest.

Reported today that WCE havent done any due diligence on Clarke like medicals and testing. That in itself is a sign they dont really want him.

Yeah, there is gamesmanship, and then there is just plain knobbishness.

Bond is coming off as a bit of a flog.

The only people who reckon Clark isn't worth at least Pick 16 are a few nutty Freo supporters.

The rest of the footy world and the reasonable Freo posters know better.

If Bond thinks we are going to come desperately running on the last day and take second round pick that we probably wont even use, then he is deluded.

Brisbane will hold out for as long as possible, and fair enough. They are in no rush to get that deal done. So if pick 16 has been offered you'd be stupid to accept on day 1. Although that is what might be what it is done for.

Just because Kerr says WCE have shown more interest dont be fooled into believing that. Thats just trying to create interest.

Reported today that WCE havent done any due diligence on Clarke like medicals and testing. That in itself is a sign they dont really want him.

Oh really?

Cox and Lynch are getting on. Got a replacement for Cox (Lycett) not for Lynch though.

Mayne is WA boy from Perth Football Club(WAFL)

Must have mixed Mayne up with Mundy or somebody else.:thumbsu:

In an era when the AFL is all about equality etc, there should really be a process in place whereby club A should not be able to screw club B and if a stalemate ensues, the issue go to mediation or arbitration who determines a players worth in order that no party is aggrieved.

If WC make any kind of reasonable offer, i would take them up on it just to shaft freo if they are being unrealistic. Salary cap seems to be the main issue with WC, but i would think they will have space in a year or 2, and Clark could get signed to a decent 3-4 year contract and get it back ended if needed.

Would love it if Freo try wait it out, and we end up doing a deal with WC on Wednesday and Freo don't get a look in.

But in the end, there is a lot of talk and huff and puff when it comes to trade week. I try to ignore most crap that comes out this time of year. If i was a betting man, i would still think a deal will get done with Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't we potentially pay some of Clark's salary next year in order to help him fit into West Coast's cap? We'd have the space.

I don't know where this 'WC has cap problems' started from. Most of the veterans who played well this year are on 1 year contracts (Embley, Nicoski, Lynch etc).

The rest are young guys who are starting out. Freo, with the older, 'bigger name' list would be having bigger issues then us.

I suspect Clark wants to go to Freo in particular because they've offered him a starting spot at CHF

Just fixed that for you :)

Don't see what the ssue is really. It seems to me that Bond etc have formed a value of Mitche's worth and what we're prepared to pay.

If they don't agree, then *shrug*, you get what you can elsewhere and we keep 16 and our priority pick and move on, and if you can't strike a deal elsewhere, then we'll see what happens...

Oh really?

Cox and Lynch are getting on. Got a replacement for Cox (Lycett) not for Lynch though.

If we do offer pick 16 WCE wont offer more.

Even if they could as I have said they havent done their due diligence on him. That would be like employing a person without looking at their C.V

I don't know where this 'WC has cap problems' started from. Most of the veterans who played well this year are on 1 year contracts (Embley, Nicoski, Lynch etc).

The rest are young guys who are starting out. Freo, with the older, 'bigger name' list would be having bigger issues then us.

Pav is now a vet, and we have only 3 players at the older end who would command that sort of money. Sandi, McPharlin and Mundy

Pav is now a vet, and we have only 3 players at the older end who would command that sort of money. Sandi, McPharlin and Mundy

We have Cox, Glass....and? Lynch, Embley and Nicoski are on 1 year deals. Priddis loves WC for giving him a chance and has said he will sign just about anything WC give him.

Couldn't we potentially pay some of Clark's salary next year in order to help him fit into West Coast's cap? We'd have the space.

We shouldn't need to pay anything. If Clark goes to the Eagles, we'll probably get a player/s in return. That will provide a salary cap offset.

Also they may need to delist an older player or two to accommodate Clark. Clubs do that all of the time.

If WCE REALLY wants Clark, they'll make room to fit him in.

If we do offer pick 16 WCE wont offer more.

Even if they could as I have said they havent done their due diligence on him. That would be like employing a person without looking at their C.V

Sure the question is will you offer pick 16?

Either way you are going to give the Lions a somewhat reasonable price to get Clarke.

He's over there isn't he? They still have a week to do it.

Yep of course they do. However how serious can they be?

He may very well go to WCE and I wouldnt begrudge them if they got him because we didnt offer as much but I would say Mitch being at WCE would be a long shot.

Yep of course they do. However how serious can they be?

He may very well go to WCE and I wouldnt begrudge them if they got him because we didnt offer as much but I would say Mitch being at WCE would be a long shot.

It's all down to Freo. If they offer their 1st rounder they get him if they don't I can't see them topping an offer from WC.

Sure the question is will you offer pick 16?

Either way you are going to give the Lions a somewhat reasonable price to get Clarke.

Well reading between the lines Kerr has said he is worth more then pick 16... I read that to mean thats what we have offered.

Of course we may have offered pick 38 and a bag of twisties, who knows.

My prediction from 2 weeks ago was pick 16 and Pearce.

However Freo will prob want to get it done for just pick 16 and hold out on releasing Pearce.

If we have offered less then pick 16 then of course thats just plain rude to Brisbane but would simply be a ploy to make pick 16 seem attractive although we'd obviously win that trade by a long way.

Pick 16 and Pearce would be a win to us also, obviously but about what I think Brisbane can hope for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back