Clark trade discussion #2 (please read opening post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok before we start over insulting Bond or FFC with his offer of compo pick we just need to see how this plays out.

Perhaps Fremantle knew pick 16 was not going to get the deal done and the players requested from Brisbane weren't on the table so they explored the GWS issue.

So perhaps thats why they couldn't and didnt offer pick 16.

Again you'd have thought Brisbane and Fremantle would've had chats well before the trade period started to see what they thought was fair.

I dont think Bond and Co are complete idiots and their recruiting in terms of players and also in taking advantage of the system has been great.

We picked up Mzungu and Faulks for relatively nothing last year and surprised other clubs arent recruiting other mature age players in this relatively inexpensive exercise.

Clark is worth a first rounder and a worthwhile player at the very least and while I understand that the compo pick offer for now is in the nature of an ambit claim it is arrant nonsense.

As Kerr said every club would want him on their list...yes even GWS (I said that)...if he ever gets to Freo,which I am kinda hoping he doesn't, he will be a massive gain...hard nosed businessmen Bond and Co know it and they will pay up at the end of the day.

Pleaasse Freo fans...spare me an analysis of Clark's playing history for the sake of this argument...I know it all and I know his worth.

Fremantle, as a club have been an embarassment since they entered the AFL 16 years ago. No premiership. No grand final appearance for a club in a two team town...

Not surprising with the crap they have served up thus far re Mitch Clark.

Sure, everyone wants to enhance there list and not lose anything by doing it.

But, in 2011 it just wont happen. They are coming out looking like a real pack of assclowns, just a couple of weeks after sacking there coach, which was also handled in amateur style...

I really hope the eagles secure Clark, just to teach Freo a lesson. They might even thank us in a few years time - maybe they can become a real club, rather than the rabble which hasnt won a premiership in 16 years - unlike all other new clubs to enter the AFL

What I fail to understand about Fremantle's stubbornness at the trade table, is the fact they already have z.Clarke, Kepler Bradley & griffen as current ruck/forward choices. If mitch Clark gets there, they can't all play in the team at the same time. And sandilands has more than 3 years left in him.

I know they just had an injury year from hell and Clark is a very good player for the price they will get, but why so reluctant to give up a player who will next year most likely be surplus to needs and end up seeking a trade with very little market value.

Did you know that when you feel hungry, your body wont actually be hungry for another hour... oh, wrong thread:p

Clark >> Freo
2 x band 3 compo picks(Bris and Freo's) and pick 8 >> GWS
picks 38 & pick 11 & pick 5 >> Bris

I've already suggested this. But its something to talk about:)

I think there might be a reason why no one has answered you in regards to this suggested trade.

Freo are dealing with GWS, Hawks and Adelaide.

Brisbane hasn't been mentioned directly in this trade although it suggested and probable Freo are trying to improve some draft selections in which case they can then trade with Brisbane seperately.

Without seeming rude I cant see why Freo would be in this to upgrade pick 16 to 11,10 or whatever to then offer that to Brisbane.

We'd be wanting to upgrade a few picks, perhaps get some prelisted players in return and then offer our potentially upgraded pick eg 10 to Brisbane.

What Brisbane wont get is pick 5, 11 and 38. Not going to say anything else on your board but that just wont happen.

What I fail to understand about Fremantle's stubbornness at the trade table, is the fact they already have z.Clarke, Kepler Bradley & griffen as current ruck/forward choices. If mitch Clark gets there, they can't all play in the team at the same time. And sandilands has more than 3 years left in him.

I know they just had an injury year from hell and Clark is a very good player for the price they will get, but why so reluctant to give up a player who will next year most likely be surplus to needs and end up seeking a trade with very little market value.

Just wait, there will be nothing happening in the Clark trade until the mini draft selections are finalised on Thursday afternoon.

Please read my post 865.

Lets see how this plays out.

If Fremantle are able to get pick 10 through dodgy dealings with GWS then offer it to GWS for Clark, Bond would've obviously done it to satisfy Brisbane. There might be further pick exchanges etc.

Plus if Clark deal gets done expect Griffin to go to port and I wouldnt be surprised if Keplar is GWS bound.

That would leave us with Sandilands, Zac and Clark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there might be a reason why no one has answered you in regards to this suggested trade.

Freo are dealing with GWS, Hawks and Adelaide.

Brisbane hasn't been mentioned directly in this trade although it suggested and probable Freo are trying to improve some draft selections in which case they can then trade with Brisbane seperately.

Without seeming rude I cant see why Freo would be in this to upgrade pick 16 to 11,10 or whatever to then offer that to Brisbane.

We'd be wanting to upgrade a few picks, perhaps get some prelisted players in return and then offer our potentially upgraded pick eg 10 to Brisbane.

What Brisbane wont get is pick 5, 11 and 38. Not going to say anything else on your board but that just wont happen.

All Freo give up is compo pick and pick 38 for mitch :confused: You guys keep pick 16...
Brisbane basically get pick upgrades... upgrade pick 8 to 5 and compo pick to pick 11... then 38

Your just saying that because Brisbane get more out of trading mitch than keeping him:p

Fremantle, as a club have been an embarassment since they entered the AFL 16 years ago. No premiership. No grand final appearance for a club in a two team town...

Not surprising with the crap they have served up thus far re Mitch Clark.

Sure, everyone wants to enhance there list and not lose anything by doing it.

But, in 2011 it just wont happen. They are coming out looking like a real pack of assclowns, just a couple of weeks after sacking there coach, which was also handled in amateur style...

I really hope the eagles secure Clark, just to teach Freo a lesson. They might even thank us in a few years time - maybe they can become a real club, rather than the rabble which hasnt won a premiership in 16 years - unlike all other new clubs to enter the AFL

The sacking of Harvey although harsh was executed in about as a professional matter as you could do. Thats a different topic but no media knowledge which is amazing for the covereage the sport gets.

Plus theres also another club new to the AFL that hasnt won a premiership but I get what you mean.

Maybe if we were handed some extra salary cap space like some other interestate teams we may have done better, who knows.

Maybe if we were handed some extra salary cap space like some other interestate teams we may have done better, who knows.

the ironing is strong with this one.

Clark. Go home factor. Bagging cap concessions.

Off the freakin richter scale here... :eek:

All Freo give up is compo pick and pick 38 for mitch :confused: You guys keep pick 16...
Brisbane basically get pick upgrades... upgrade pick 8 to 5 and compo pick to pick 11... then 38

Your just saying that because Brisbane get more out of trading mitch than keeping him:p

Ok I apologise.

Your wording and explanation wasn't exactly easy to read.

You just say Brisbane get pick 5 etc I didnt realise it was an upgrade which makes it heaps more understandable.

Regardless Brisbane havent been mentioned in any reports in this deal so what you are suggesting is merely speculation.

Im not ruthless and I hope Brisbane get whats worth. I think this deal will get done to help Hawks with Gunson, Freo with Clark and compensate Adelaide and Brisbane adequately whilst allowing GWS to keep JOM.

Griffin (at Port most likely) is a ruck, not mobile enough to be a fwd on Subi.

Bradley is a fwd who is an average ruck (plus his body won't do 24 games)

Zac is young and form will be variable- plus he is more a ruck / ruck rover than a forward. Good 2nd ruck for Sandi.

Mitch would be a CHF who rucks occasionally with Pav as FF.

Clark would be of great value to Freo, no doubt in my mind.

Just wait, there will be nothing happening in the Clark trade until the mini draft selections are finalised on Thursday afternoon.

Reported that the mini draft mega swingers party between GWS, Hawks, Freo and ?? has been squashed by the AFL and AFLPA.

GWS look like they have spat the dummy and will not trade any mini draft picks this year, they want O'Meara and will tank next year to get him.:cool:

We can now return to our normal trade week program.;)

P.S. Keep your chins up Lions fans, the Eagles will keep Freo honest at the trade table, at least you have two teams bidding for his services.:thumbsu:

Yeah I can't wait for this expansion crap to be over, then teams which finish in the bottom half of the ladder will get decent picks, in another year Fremantle would have a top ten pick to deal with. A priority pick will be late teens instead of late twenties. Happier times for everyone.

About recruiting masten - do we really want another twat with a shit sleeve tattoo running around for us? (think of the last player with a shit sleeve from WA of ours)

And as for beams - see above and unlikely collingwood would let him go, doubt he wants to come, seems to really enjoy collingwood (big club, social status, facilities etc).....but having claye around doesn't hurt our position though

GWS look like they have spat the dummy and will not trade any mini draft picks this year, they want O'Meara and will tank next year to get him.:cool:

You don't honestly believe they're going to have to "try" to finish bottom do you?

P.S. Keep your chins up Lions fans, the Eagles will keep Freo honest at the trade table, at least you have two teams bidding for his services.:thumbsu:

Sounds good to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back