Clark trade discussion #2 (please read opening post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FU will be available in the PSD for BF Posters, perhaps you guys may want to pick him up?

We could package him up with a couple if brissy posters out there on current form to gws for board cap space

Fremantle, as a club have been an embarassment since they entered the AFL 16 years ago. No premiership. No grand final appearance for a club in a two team town...

Not surprising with the crap they have served up thus far re Mitch Clark.

Sure, everyone wants to enhance there list and not lose anything by doing it.

But, in 2011 it just wont happen. They are coming out looking like a real pack of assclowns, just a couple of weeks after sacking there coach, which was also handled in amateur style...

I really hope the eagles secure Clark, just to teach Freo a lesson. They might even thank us in a few years time - maybe they can become a real club, rather than the rabble which hasnt won a premiership in 16 years - unlike all other new clubs to enter the AFL

Heres a wacky left field idea: maybe Freo don't mind if we don't get Clark? :rolleyes: The way we've gone about things we are pretty prepared for you guys to deal with West Coast and not us. No need for the insults just because we aren't giving you what you want.

Heres a wacky left field idea: maybe Freo don't mind if we don't get Clark? :rolleyes: The way we've gone about things we are pretty prepared for you guys to deal with West Coast and not us. No need for the insults just because we aren't giving you what you want.

The club would love to get him, Clark wouldn't have nominated us without some urging from Freo, Lyon likes him and we need a strong marking target....we care, it is just do we care enough to find the acceptable price?

Perhaps as a number of deals sort themselves out e.g. Griffin, the aborted GWS, Sydney F/S...we will be more likely to know what we are willing to offer. If WC beat us ...so be it.

Plus they can insult us as a little more here as it is their board, we get home board advantage too ....if you don't like the insults - don't come here.

I only come here because Duritz makes a Cosmopolitan to die for.

Could be, but it sounds like Freo are prepared to pay the guy the salary of an elite player, but only offer the trade value of a fringe player.

Could be, but it sounds like Freo are prepared to pay the guy the salary of an elite player, but only offer the trade value of a fringe player.

Beautifully put. :thumbsu:

my feeling is Kerr will trade if offered fair deal otherwise he will back himself to convince Clark not to risk the psd and re-sign with us.

We may have not got a trade done but we are doing well with clark. Freo arent giving us wat we wont but wce are still talking to us and we make that public which pressures freo either way i think we will get wat we deserve for clark

I think it's a bit dodgy of Freo to make an offer to the lions that was clearly under what Kerr would accept. Why not just say they are involved in other trades and will deal for Clark later in the week. I didn't hear the interview that he did but after reading them, it seems he is a bit ticked off at Freo.

Port are not pursuing Griffin, and looking elsewhere - probably does not help this trade.

Saw that. Potentially just another trade week ruse though. ;)

Kerr was on SEN this morning.
Freo have been quiet in the last day or so, clearly concentrating on the GWS rort. Now this has been knocked on the head he is expecting them to come back.

Basically said that there is a quite a margin between the two, but things may change after the GWS ruling. The lions are endeavouring to make something happen but it must be fair. Kerr was asked a direct question re: Fremantle & he stated that Mitch at no stage had indicated to Brisbane that it must be Freo & only wanted to return home to WA. We will be talking to Fremantle again today.

He did state that Mitch was still in contact with Voss & there was no animosity between Clark & the Lions. Re-interated that he was a required player for the Lions, & between the lines if we were not satisfied with a trade then we would still attempt to retain him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever happens from here, I think we can all be proud of the way Kerr and Voss have handled this process.

I imagine there are a few people within the club who are quietly seething at Clark and his manager right now, but no one has publicly spat the dummy in a way that could damage our bargaining position.

Have to love our man Kerr ,he is successfully protecting Vossy{well I hope he is:)} from the public perception that he is responsible for all the trades.
Sounds like a pretty impressive man to have on board:thumbsu:.

Reckon this could be a very good outcome for us.

I think it's a bit dodgy of Freo to make an offer to the lions that was clearly under what Kerr would accept. Why not just say they are involved in other trades and will deal for Clark later in the week. I didn't hear the interview that he did but after reading them, it seems he is a bit ticked off at Freo.

Agreed. Pointless in offering their compo pick to us when it was stated before the draft that we would be after a first rounder and player. They knew we would say no to it. Why bother. I'm beginning to get the feeling Fremantle aren't in this business to make friends.

Agreed. Pointless in offering their compo pick to us when it was stated before the draft that we would be after a first rounder and player. They knew we would say no to it. Why bother. I'm beginning to get the feeling Fremantle aren't in this business to make friends.

Freo don't need to "make friends", just do the best for their club.

But, I have to agree with TomFC - " . . it sounds like Freo are prepared to pay the guy the salary of an elite player, but only offer the trade value of a fringe player."

Freo need to either p*ss or get off the pot. All they're doing at the moment is unfairly stringing Mitch Clark along; they know full well that their current offer won't be accepted by Brisbane.

All they're doing at the moment is unfairly stringing Mitch Clark along; they know full well that their current offer won't be accepted by Brisbane.
Not a good start for Clark in his new club if he does end up there.

I'd be very happy with pick 23 and Lycett:thumbsu: basically get 2 decent bites at the cherry in terms of finding a replacement for Clark.

Freo really don't have anything to beat that... even if they offer pick 16 and Mayne; as we need talls.

I'd take WCE offer... pretty sure a lot of WCE supporters will spit the dumy if that trade happens. Lycett is what Z.Clarke is to Freo fans.

I'd be very happy with pick 23 and Lycett.

Yep. I'd take that too, unless of course Fremantle come up with a better offer.

I get the impression Fremantle are becoming a bit more anxious in regards to getting Mitch Clark. They clearly want to retain a first round DP in some form and are trying to secure another to satisfy Brisbane's demands for Clark. Hence the 'super-trade' involvement yesterday.

Adelaide
Gain; pick 8(brisbane), GWS mini draft player
Lose; Gunston (Hawthorn), pick 10 (WS)

Hawthorn
Gain; Gunston (Haw), pick 16 (Fremantle)
Lose; pick 24 (Brisbane)

Brisbane
Gain; Pick 4 (Gold coast), pick 24 (Hawthorn)
Lose; Clark (fremantle), pick 8 (Adelaide)

Fremantle
Gain; Clark (Brisbane), GWS mini draft player
Lose; pick 16 (Hawthorn)

Gold Coast
Gain; Jaeger 0’ meara (GWS mini draft), pick 5 (western Sydney)
Lose; Pick 4 (Brisbane)

Western Sydney
Gain; pick 10 (Adelaide)
Lose; pick 5 (Gold coast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back