Cloke - Set for a big 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Shoulders and because he alwayts returned from lay offs terribly over weight.

Cam has talent not like his brother but never ahd the fitness with us i hope he pulss his finger out and trys otherwise he will be overtaken by hampson and aisake quickly

If only he was a bit taller. His tap work is first class when he wins it out.

Obviously he's had a long lay-off now and can have a full pre-season to get himself right. No excuses now.

If only he was a bit taller. His tap work is first class when he wins it out.

Obviously he's had a long lay-off now and can have a full pre-season to get himself right. No excuses now.

his tap work for someone his size is exceptional and i have said before i prefered him on list than richards this year, but his time to perform is now you are 100% correct.

Good luck to the kid but i dont think he can do it, four recos are bad enough without the fact he isnt the most fitness orientated kikd around

I agree...

Cam is going to put in something special next year I think. His commitment and effort cannot be knocked.

If he is overtaken by Hampson and Aisake I think that he will spend more time up forward and will be a good option for us as well as pinch hitting in the ruck when the ball is up there.

I hope for his sake that he doesnt suffer another shoulder injury because I think that would be the end for him.

Unlike Ackland, Cloke definitely has a chance of being on our list in 2009, as he has the potential to reinvent himself as a tall utility type, once Hampson, Aisake and Kruezer take over the ruck duties. He has excellent skills, a huge kick, and exerts a real physical presence. Still remember that "Justice" hip and shoulder on Selwood at Weagleland. Cloke clearly enjoys playing at Carlton a lot more than at Pieland. He plays with attitude, and is well liked. :)

Unlike Ackland, Cloke definitely has a chance of being on our list in 2009, as he has the potential to reinvent himself as a tall utility type, once Hampson, Aisake and Kruezer take over the ruck duties. He has excellent skills, a huge kick, and exerts a real physical presence. Still remember that "Justice" hip and shoulder on Selwood at Weagleland. Cloke clearly enjoys playing at Carlton a lot more than at Pieland. He plays with attitude, and is well liked. :)

The only thing that lets Cameron down is his kicking...it really is bad, hopefully in the off season Carlton has put extra work into that.

His endeavor is very similar to big French, the 2nd and 3rd efforts for a big man is fantastic to watch, again like everybody i hope his shoulders stay strong....he would be very handy resting up forward (if he can kick straight)....Fev, Waite, Fisher and add in a resting big man Cloke...tall, strong handed forward line...which club can match up on that??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing that lets Cameron down is his kicking...it really is bad, ...

Really? I thought his kicking was actually pretty good. Lots of distance and accuracy. He had the yips in front of goal though. Looked a lot more comfortable playing the link type option on the wing o moving onto the HF flank. He definitely needs to improve his goal-kicking, but his actual technique is pretty good. Seems more of a confidence thing. :)

Cloke must be in the starting line up. Resting ruck in the forward pocket. Play either Kruezer or Hampson off the bench to be back up to Ackland in the ruck. You need a big body crashing the packs in the forward line. Fev on the lead. eddie picking up the crumbs. With 3 rucks in the side if 1 is not firing you have back up. cloke gives versatility to the ruck & forward line up

Cloke must be in the starting line up. Resting ruck in the forward pocket. Play either Kruezer or Hampson off the bench to be back up to Ackland in the ruck. You need a big body crashing the packs in the forward line. Fev on the lead. eddie picking up the crumbs. With 3 rucks in the side if 1 is not firing you have back up. cloke gives versatility to the ruck & forward line up

I agree with what you say about Cloke but I don't think Ackland should get a game next year unless completely desperate. Cloke to ruck and some youngies, who these are depending on pre-season and progression, probably Hampson to begin with, then ease in with Kruezer and Asaike

The time trial has nothing to do with leg speed - Fev would beat all bar a few Blues off the mark yet finishes last or second last in these trials. Having said that, I think the times of both Gibbs and Murph are massively disappointing. I just don't get it. An ordinary hack club footballer would beat Gibbs around Optus. I don't care if he's "still only 18" or whatever people are gonna offer up. "First run of the pre-season" blah blah blah. It is a PISSWEAK effort. 12 minutes? Christ Lance has a PB near that.

Pull your finger out son. :thumbsdown: And as for Murph. Shit it is his 3rd pre-season. He will continue to be tagged out of games if he doesn't develop his endurance.

11 minutes is the benchmark. Top shelf AFL midfielders would do 11 minutes. Hird did TWO laps (with a short break between) in 12 minutes a couple of years back.

The O'Hailipin brothers did 11 minutes a couple of years back. Don't go all big noting Cloke's effort. It is OK. That's all. It just looks good because Murph and Gibbs were so bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cloke - Set for a big 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back