List Mgmt. Colin Sylvia - Joins Freo as Free Agent

Remove this Banner Ad

This is an opinion based business, as Ross likes to say.

Stop being so bombastic.

'qualified to comment'? :D Come on man. Drop the snide, rubbish.

You're very entertaining I'll give you that, but a troll, and that's the reason you've been banned numerous times before. You should review your own opinions + behaviours before you comment on others, least you be banned again, and I must say it does get very annoying trying to keep up with your myriad of aliases.

Sweet Colin Sylvia pic, man.

If he had an attitude problem and was petulant like you guys imagine, we would have delisted him already. No AFL club would stand for that sort of behaviour. It's all in your imagination.
You mean like we immediately delisted Jack Anthony the minute it became apparent he wasn't interested in buying in? Clubs don't like to pay out 2.5 years of remaining contracts without exhausting every possible avenue to try and save face, he may go around again next year before they decide to cut him loose for his final contracted year, IMO.

Seriously, over-training or not, you'd reckon that he'd hit at least ONE stoppage with a bit of purpose.

Sylvia has a very high opinion of Sylvia. It's obvious in how he conducts himself at team huddles, the things he says and his demeanour when addressed by WAFL coaches and team mates. IMO he believes that he is above them.
His pick-up was baffling to start with. It was well known that he was lazy on the field, a massive underachiever, but that he was loose off it too. Considering all the hoo-ha about how great the culture at Freo now is, which is becoming increasingly evident to me as premature considering the effort this season, drafting someone like that is curious. He doesn't even fill a role that desperately. If Fev 2010 was Fev in 2014, I'd rather him – at least he's a great forward (and I like him as a person too but I realise his baggage). Sylvia is baffling.

The thing I can't believe is this pricks galling arrogance. He comes to Perth because his side over in the east are not very good. He comes to a side in a flag window and expects to get a game off the bat, as though he's ignored every poetic summary of Ross that's existed over the last six years. Then to get suspended, to reportedly show questionable intensity, and to objectively get, what, like, less than half the touches that spud Menegola got... jesus.

Chris Bond and Brad Lloyd have no idea.

Then again most people reckon that Bond is nothing but a glum, arrogant, snake-in-the-grass deadshit so maybe he and big Col have something in common.

His pick-up was baffling to start with. It was well known that he was lazy on the field, a massive underachiever, but that he was loose off it too. Considering all the hoo-ha about how great the culture at Freo now is, which is becoming increasingly evident to me as premature considering the effort this season, drafting someone like that is curious. He doesn't even fill a role that desperately. If Fev 2010 was Fev in 2014, I'd rather him – at least he's a great forward (and I like him as a person too but I realise his baggage). Sylvia is baffling.

The thing I can't believe is this pricks galling arrogance. He comes to Perth because his side over in the east are not very good. He comes to a side in a flag window and expects to get a game off the bat, as though he's ignored every poetic summary of Ross that's existed over the last six years. Then to get suspended, to reportedly show questionable intensity, and to objectively get, what, like, less than half the touches that spud Menegola got... jesus.

Chris Bond and Brad Lloyd have no idea.

Then again most people reckon that Bond is nothing but a glum, arrogant, snake-in-the-grass deadshit so maybe he and big Col have something in common.

I was against him coming here from the beginning, for all of the reasons you state and his age. (If hasn't changed by now he never will.).

However, I can understand them rolling the dice with him, considering the dearth of available talent on the market, his price and the lack of accelerated development in Crozier and Sheridan.

It's not an ideal situation that we find ourselves in, and I hope that we have a get-out clause in his contract that we can trigger, because I honestly can't see him becoming a player for us, ever.

I was against him coming here from the beginning, for all of the reasons you state and his age. (If hasn't changed by now he never will.).

However, I can understand them rolling the dice with him, considering the dearth of available talent on the market, his price and the lack of accelerated development in Crozier and Sheridan.

It's not an ideal situation that we find ourselves in, and I hope that we have a get-out clause in his contract that we can trigger, because I honestly can't see him becoming a player for us, ever.

Stevie J was almost trade to Collingwood in about 2006, no one thought his attitude could change either.

He has only had 5 months of RTB and 7 years of Melbourne. Hopefully reality will kick in shortly

Stevie J was almost trade to Collingwood in about 2006, no one thought his attitude could change either.

He has only had 5 months of RTB and 7 years of Melbourne. Hopefully reality will kick in shortly

Stevie J was a kid when he was a dickhead though. Sylvia is almost a veteran and still hasn't grown up. And SJ was playing supremely better footy than Sylvia at the same age.

Most see the good in people.

I don't. **** that. I don't hear the term a lot but "snake in the grass" has been used a bit about him.

Sounds like something Clay might say, but other than that I can't recall hearing it much.

His person aside, his drafting has been a spectacular festival of mediocrity.

He came to us at the end of 2007, since then we've pulled off the quickest and most successful rebuild in our history. In fact the backbone of our grand final team came from our spectacular 2008 draft, which was clearly the greatest draft we've ever had and was the first one Bond was overseeing (not that he does the scouting himself anyway).

He came to us at the end of 2007, since then we've pulled off the quickest and most successful rebuild in our history. In fact the backbone of our grand final team came from our spectacular 2008 draft, which was clearly the greatest draft we've ever had and was the first one Bond was overseeing (not that he does the scouting himself anyway).
The first one Bond oversaw was 2007.

Not much in the way of quality has been yielded since 2009.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to see Silent alarm come into contact with some of the people he is describing.

I'm sure he's the leader in his field and he is excellent at what he does.

all uni students are leaders in his/her field and excel at EVERYTHING they do

but too be fair to SA, i do not think he is actually implying that he can do a better job :)

I didn't think he was saying he could do better but I bet he isn't in the top 50 of what his chosen profession is.
To be fair, I would argue that few in senior administrative positions in the AFL would be either. It's effectively a closed shop.

So, last year I claimed Colin was soft as butter, a flog of the highest order and someone who Ross would never ever consider for Freo. I even referred to him as LOLin Sylvia stating that I would be his buddy in the impossible event that we recruited him.

True story.

Time to prove me wrong Colin!

He doesn't even fill a role that desperately. If Fev 2010 was Fev in 2014, I'd rather him – at least he's a great forward (and I like him as a person too but I realise his baggage). Sylvia is baffling.

I'd say a goal scoring half forward and inside mid, that can use the ball well (particularly into our F50) and read the play well... would be a pretty friggin' valuable commodity. That's what he can be. And we dearly NEED that skill set right now. He's just not delivering on it.

Why we recruited him doesn't baffle me in the least. Clearly the club thought they could deal with the attitude issues and get him to deliver on the potential he's always had. Just as clearly, it hasn't gone to plan.

As excited as I was with Sylvia coming to Freo I am now starting have my concerns.

A pre season of very little and a mixed bag of form in the WAFL.

I wouldn't be opposed to paying him out a specified agreement by him and the club if it meant freeing up money to keep Fyfe and Mundy.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Colin Sylvia - Joins Freo as Free Agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back