Collingwood have recruited no one AGAIN.

Remove this Banner Ad

likka said:
IITB you have serious issues mate, this hatred of Collingwood is literally eating you inside. Have you considered counselling?
Normally I'd agree, but in amongst it all he has made a few valid points.

likka said:
IITB you have serious issues mate, this hatred of Collingwood is literally eating you inside. Have you considered counselling?

Well at least I can safely say, and be very confident in saying this. I'M NOT ALONE!!!! There's at least 5 million of us!!!!

Squeak said:
He's also finished as a footballer. Guaranteed that he won't reach whatever standard he reached earlier in this decade.

He averages 10.24 posts per day as opposed to your 9.33. Hardly a massive difference. Moron.

Because you have a history of discussing Collingwood with far greater frequency than other clubs. Including your own.

Shyte, at last. A collingscum supporter who can divide!!!! Surely not. You're all so touchy and sensitive. Loosen up and discuss the issues.

JeffDunne said:
Normally I'd agree, but in amongst it all he has made a few valid points.

You wouldn't know it though judging by the touchiness and sensitivity of the collingwood fans. It's alright to label richmond (and other clubs) a basket case (which I don't disagree with) but as soon as someone holds collingwood to account it's HEY YOU CAN'T SAT THAT!!!! We're collingwood. pffft

itsintheblood said:
a cripple from perth.

Hasnt had any knee problems for two years. We picked up another cripple a few years ago and he won two best and fairests. Of course you refuse to acknowledge any good trades our illustrious club might make.

itsintheblood said:
Shyte, at last. A collingscum supporter who can divide!!!! Surely not. You're all so touchy and sensitive. Loosen up and discuss the issues.

One guy has no life 'cause he has 15,000+ posts , another is just a 'newbie' so go home.
I am just wondering , obviously 3,744 posts is the perfect balance ? :D

itsintheblood said:
You wouldn't know it though judging by the touchiness and sensitivity of the collingwood fans. It's alright to label richmond (and other clubs) a basket case (which I don't disagree with) but as soon as someone holds collingwood to account it's HEY YOU CAN'T SAT THAT!!!! We're collingwood. pffft
But winning the wooden spoon and losing 2m in a single year means that they are currently a basket case. Can they turn it around? Time will tell.

Nobody doubts that Collingwood have issues like all other clubs, but you seem utterly obsessed with them. This obsession results in threads and posts that are generally subjective, emotive, and narrow minded. And then when your opinions are questioned you abuse or dismiss the respondent.

I would term you a Collingwood hater more than a Richmond supporter which is kind of sad really. I personally am a Collingwood supporter. Que IITB jibe about lack of hygene or intellect...

Your original question has been answered many times over in the thread, but you'll just choose to ignore logic so no point me repeating it.

Oh, and the reason MM was happy to swap pick 7 for pick 10 was that the recruitment team estimated that the player they wanted at pick 7 would still be around by pick 10.

hotpie said:
Hasnt had any knee problems for two years. We picked up another cripple a few years ago and he won two best and fairests. Of course you refuse to acknowledge any good trades our illustrious club might make.

Brilliant trade is Chad Morrisson. Well done MM and NB. Ecxellent work. You happy now?

itsintheblood said:
Brilliant trade is Chad Morrisson. Well done MM and NB. Ecxellent work. You happy now?

As happy as Darren Gaspars bank manager.

(I was referring to Licuria that you refuse to acknowledge, idiot. An example of Collingwood not always getting it wrong)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

likka said:
But winning the wooden spoon and losing 2m in a single year means that they are currently a basket case. Can they turn it around? Time will tell.

Nobody doubts that Collingwood have issues like all other clubs, but you seem utterly obsessed with them. This obsession results in threads and posts that are generally subjective, emotive, and narrow minded. And then when your opinions are questioned you abuse or dismiss the respondent.

I would term you a Collingwood hater more than a Richmond supporter which is kind of sad really. I personally am a Collingwood supporter. Que IITB jibe about lack of hygene or intellect...

Your original question has been answered many times over in the thread, but you'll just choose to ignore logic so no point me repeating it.

Oh, and the reason MM was happy to swap pick 7 for pick 10 was that the recruitment team estimated that the player they wanted at pick 7 would still be around by pick 10.

Oh brilliant work. Estimated hey? Can they estimate what lottery numbers will come out this week? What a weak excuse. :confused:

Hey I dont see what the massively problem is with the deal that we did to get Morrison, I mean by all accounts and obviously this is something that we have to trust MM the top 5 picks in the national draft are outstanding and then the next 15 all about the same in quality...Plus we gave up a player who was about to be delisted anyway....so in return for a player we were going to be without anyway and dropping 3 places in the national draft we have a ready made midfielder...

hotpie said:
As happy as Darren Gaspars bank manager.

(I was referring to Licuria that you refuse to acknowledge, idiot. An example of Collingwood not always getting it wrong)

Licuria is a good player, no doubt. You're obsessed with Darren Gaspar. We'll just hang on to gaspar thanks. You can keep prestiwhatshisname ok?

pie82 said:
Hey I dont see what the massively problem is with the deal that we did to get Morrison, I mean by all accounts and obviously this is something that we have to trust MM the top 5 picks in the national draft are outstanding and then the next 15 all about the same in quality...Plus we gave up a player who was about to be delisted anyway....so in return for a player we were going to be without anyway and dropping 3 places in the national draft we have a ready made midfielder...

Welcome newbie.

Ah pie fans. Just keep reeeeeeling em in. GOT ME A MARRRLIN!!!! as Dr Evil would say.

Thank you for the welcome.

I note your point throughout the entire thread.... We havent got that "big trade" since Woewoedin, but you must admitt, nearly every player that is coming off contract or is thought to be leaving their club, is linked with Collingwood...

itsintheblood said:
Oh brilliant work. Estimated hey? Can they estimate what lottery numbers will come out this week? What a weak excuse. :confused:
About two years ago I was in New Orleans for work and had an enormous argument with a self confessed member of the KKK. I just couldn't understand where his intense hatred was coming from.

You remind me of this redneck, just a different sort of bigotry. Do you get this from your father?

I genuinely feel sorry for you.

These are Morrison's stats. I am pretty happy we got him.

Some other stats from this year:
Chad Morrison Kicks: 199
Other:
Paul WIlliams:206
Michael Wilson:203
Chris Johnson:202
Brodie Holland:198

Chad Morrison Possesions: 317
Other:
Buckley:319
Josh Carr:310
Scott Burns:308
Brodie Holland:311
James Clement:328
James McDonald:310

Chad Morrison Handballs:118
Other:
Chris Heffernan:119
Brent Harvey:117
Shane O'Bree:117
Shane Woewodin:120
Brady Rawlings:121

Closest Collingwood player after totals.
Came equal 7th in West Coast's kicks. (Total 211) -Brodie Holland(Total 198)
Outright 7th disposals. (334) -James Clement(328)
Equal 19th in goals. (4) -Ben Johnson(4)
Outright 5th in marks. (85) -Richard Cole(85)
Equal 12th in behinds. (7) -Ben Johnson(7)
Outright 7th in handballs. (123) -Ben Johnson(121)
Equal 26th in tackles. (14) -Anthony Rocca(14)
Outright 7th in frees for. (13) -Tarkyn Lockyer(13)
Equal 27th frees against. (3) -Nick Maxwell(3)

Had he played at Collingwood and still gained the same stats in 2004 he would have come in the following positions in our stats:
Kicks:6th
Handballs:3rd
Disposals:4th
Goals:EQ 18th
Behinds:EQ 13th
Tackles:EQ 24th
Marks:EQ 7th
Frees For:EQ 12th
Frees Against:EQ 26th

Going by the top three stats (Kicks, Handball, Disposals) he would have realistically come in the top 4 or 5 of the best and fairest this year at Collingwood.

ATTN:Stats may differ due to using afl.com.au and westcoasteagles.com.au for references, their tallies were different.

Career Statistics

1996 - 18 Games - 24 Goals - 23 Behinds - 149 Kicks - 48 Marks - 50 Handballs - 199 Disposals - 23 Tackles.
1997 - 24 Games - 9 Goals - 11 Behinds - 282 Kicks - 103 Marks - 126 Handballs - 408 Disposals - 29 Tackles.
1998 - 22 Games - 21 Goals - 10 Behinds - 260 Kicks - 104 Marks - 103 Handballs - 363 Disposals - 19 Tackles.
1999 - 23 Games - 13 Goals - 4 Behinds - 215 Kicks - 89 Marks - 142 Hanballs - 357 Disposals - 24 Tackles.
2000 - 22 Games - 13 Goals - 7 Behinds - 338 Kicks - 101 Marks - 169 Handballs - 507 Disposals - 33 Tackles.
2001 - 11 Games - 3 Goals - 120 Kicks - 46 Marks - 71 Handballs - 191 Disposals - 10 Tackles.
2002 - 0 Games.
2003 - 10 Games - 0 Goals - 1 Behind - 72 Kicks - 21 Marks - 64 Handballs - 136 Disposals - 12 Tackles.
2004 - 18 Games - 4 Goals - 7 Behinds - 211 Kicks - 85 Marks - 123 Handballs - 334 Disposals - 14 Tackles.

Career - 148 Games - 87 Goals - 63 Behinds - 11.1 Kicks - 4.0 Marks - 5.7 Handballs - 16.9 Disposals - 1.1 Tackles.

30 Disposals or more in a game
Rnd 17, 1997 - 22 Kicks - 8 Handballs - 30
Rnd 14, 2000 - 22 Kicks - 9 Handballs - 31
Rnd 17, 2000 - 23 Kicks - 12 Handballs - 35
Rnd 22, 2000 - 22 Kicks - 8 Handballs - 30
Rnd 1, 2001 - 18 Kicks - 13 Handballs - 31
Rnd 19, 2004 - 21 Kicks - 9 Handballs - 30

Rnd 14, 2000 - Rnd 1, 2001
Rnd 14 - 22 Kicks - 9 Handballs - 31 Disposals - 3 Marks
Rnd 15 - 22 Kicks - 7 Handballs - 29 Disposals - 9 Marks
Rnd 16 - 17 Kicks - 8 Handballs - 25 Disposals - 7 Marks
Rnd 17 - 23 Kicks - 12 Handballs - 35 Disposals - 3 Marks
Rnd 18 - 17 Kicks - 12 Handballs - 29 Disposals - 10 Marks
Rnd 19 - 19 Kicks - 5 Handballs - 24 Disposals - 2 Marks
Rnd 20 - 17 Kicks - 11 Handballs - 28 Disposals - 5 Marks
Rnd 21 - 8 Kicks - 7 Handballs - 15 Disposals - 4 Marks
Rnd 22 - 22 Kicks - 8 Handballs - 30 Disposals - 3 Marks
Rnd 1 - 18 Kicks - 13 Handballs - 31 Disposals - 12 Marks
TOTAL - 185 Kicks - 92 Handballs - 277 Disposals (27.7) - 58 Marks

Credit Lonie_From_50 for some of the stats

We are all dissapointed we didn't land a big name but the fact is this year was a very lean year for departures, especially with big names. Quite ironic that the only 'big name' Ottens actually left your club intheblood.

Fact is we still had no trading leverage with our current crop of mainly older and younger players (not much in between), not a good enough first round pick to offload (finishing above the Tiges will do that to ya) and bugger all players nominating for the PSD.

Are you dissapointed Richmond are not picking up a big name with the PSD Pick 1?

richie_cole#13 said:
Going by the top three stats (Kicks, Handball, Disposals) he would have realistically come in the top 4 or 5 of the best and fairest this year at Collingwood.

don't get me wrong, i like Chad and think that he's a good player. He gave around 150 games service to our club and i wish him all the best at Collingwood but if going on his past year you honestly think he would have been in you top 4-5 in the best and fairest, Collingwood's list must be in a lot of trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood have recruited no one AGAIN.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back