COLLINGWOOD. NEXT 5 YEARS?

Remove this Banner Ad

This doesn’t have to be framed as a “Who’s right, Kelly or Cleaver?”

Cleaver may well have done something unacceptable and there be solid grounds for terminating his employment. And he could very well be foaming with disgruntlement.

But that doesn’t mean Cleaver’s claims against Kelly are just made up.
It's a wrongful dismissal claim and to me, the allegations are laughable. Cleaver's lawyer is clearly a publicity hound - he actually had the temerity to suggest Collingwood should lose premiership points.

There are many potential explanations as to what happened, but like I said, my opinion is the most likely one is this guy is a sacked employee trying it on. I mean, what kind of clown goes to the cops with such a spurious assault claim?

An another issue with a young core all around the same age that we seen with gc and gws was player retention. A big factor, which won’t be as strong with Richmond is location and the want to return to their home state. Another two factors could potentially be an issue though, opportunity and wage. No doubt other clubs will target players if they turn out ok.
It also puts a big target on Adem Yze's back. Not many full rebuild coaches get to see it all the way through to premiership success let alone regular finals.

You're protecting a team 5 years from now with virtually nothing but current players.

Collingwood's 2023 premiership team featured 9 players that weren't on our list in 2018.

You've projected Ed Richards as a recruit and McGuane and Condon as draftees, but more than a third of our 2028 best 22 isn't currently on our list, so it's impossible to project.
I am looking at three years from now .
I also stated we have three years of drafting and trading to allow for .
Just having a look at the future without our veterans and the cliff we are supposedly going over .
I think we have plenty to work with but key positions definitely need to be reinforced

I oscillate on Cox because he is still so inconsistent.

But agree that he's hard to replace. As a forward, what he gives us is a genuine pack threat, who plucks some marks. But more importantly it gets more balls to ground as he has to be played quite defensively and then with forward stoppages, his ruckwork is dangerous and sets up some stoppage scores, whilst also enabling Cameron to sit back and use his marking to help lock the ball in - plus being a good second ruck. The good version of Coxy is pretty important, when he turns up.
Another aspect of the 'good' Cox is his back-half intercepting when he is rucking. He has taken some huge marks in D50

It's a wrongful dismissal claim and to me, the allegations are laughable. Cleaver's lawyer is clearly a publicity hound - he actually had the temerity to suggest Collingwood should lose premiership points.

There are many potential explanations as to what happened, but like I said, my opinion is the most likely one is this guy is a sacked employee trying it on. I mean, what kind of clown goes to the cops with such a spurious assault claim?

That all may be true (I’m not disputing it) …

… but the subject was Kelly and questions over his suitability for the role.

What's your point?
Wright was like a schoolgirl the way he left.
Embarrassing to say the least, and to Carlton of all places.
Surely he could have worked something out.

Unacceptable in my view. I will never forgive him.
Same goes for MM and Daisy.
Feck right off!

Wright was like a schoolgirl the way he left.
Embarrassing to say the least, and to Carlton of all places.
Surely he could have worked something out.

Unacceptable in my view. I will never forgive him.
Same goes for MM and Daisy.
Feck right off!

I'm with you on all three. Grateful to Mick and Daisy for the flag but the way they carried on (including going to the enemy) in the following years was rubbish. Still, they did whiteant Carlton for a few years through poor performance haha.

Wright leaving us for a paid 9 month holiday then going to Carlton with a muck-eating grin says volumes about his character. Loved him as a player too. Glad to be rid of him and his overpaying ways, even though it leaves us needing to plug holes in the short term.

Remove this Banner Ad

COLLINGWOOD. NEXT 5 YEARS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back