COLLINGWOOD. NEXT 5 YEARS?

Remove this Banner Ad

The way to prevent the ageing cliff is by being ageist and dumping players before they get old. If only we had managed out Pendles, Steele, Howe and a few others about three years ago, we would be flying in 2026.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Call it the James Dean effect. We could be forever young

What's happened & is happening now is a re-inventing of what we know & how we use to view things & the direction we can now see things going.

I can't be clearer than that.
What we know is the known knowns, it's the unknown knowns that may surprise us. But the real issue is the known unknowns that we believe we know but we dont know.

Sidebottom, Elliot, Pendlebury and Howe were all AA quality. Probably not now, but not so long ago.

While I’m not trying to diminish the quality he brings, Elliott hasn’t even made an AA 40 man squad so I’m interested in how you justify that claim.

The others all have AA honors, but there’s been a bit of water under the bridge since they achieved them, Pendles the most recent of the 3 in 2019. We aren’t looking to replace the players they were 5+ seasons ago, and it doesn’t have to be their direct replacements who replace that quality in the team. That could be a player obtained under FA in 2025 or beyond. It could also be argued we’ve already replaced a couple of those AA quality pieces with the drafting of the Daicos brothers, and the trading of Houston.

Last edited:

The picks we don’t give away for middle of the road role players which is why I said I disagree with fly.

We’ve added 2 players thus far, Houston and Perryman. Seems likely we’ll also add Membrey. Neither Perryman or Membrey cost us anything in terms of draft capital. Are you suggesting Houston is a middle of the road role player?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

COLLINGWOOD. NEXT 5 YEARS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back