pieblessing

Debutant
Jul 21, 2007
ivanhoe
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
gaelic football
I am so pleased to see the Pies have bitten the bullet and gone for new blood.

Sadly it took an awful event for change to happen!

It is time for renewal, the johnson/shaw/Didak area is over and the management that allowed this Drinking culture to survive needs to be removed.

I truly understand why Eddie has a broken Heart, WE all need to give him a rousing cheer the next time he walks the boundary.

Great to see Dawes and McCathy in the team and really Lonie is yesterdays hero.

Let these kids play every game for the remainder of the season, I am looking foward to the G on saturday night with renewed energy and fire from the team.

The real renewal will continue in the off season, in addition to Didak, johnson, Egan and possibly Leon moving on. Divided teams fail.

We will be building a strong challeghne for 2011

It is time for renewal, the johnson/shaw/Didak area is over and the management that allowed this Drinking culture to survive needs to be removed.

I truly understand why Eddie has a broken Heart, WE all need to give him a rousing cheer the next time he walks the boundary.

Let these kids play every game for the remainder of the season, I am looking foward to the G on saturday night with renewed energy and fire from the team.

The real renewal will continue in the off season, in addition to Didak, johnson, Egan and possibly Leon moving on. Divided teams fail.

You do know that we debuted 8 players last year don't you?

And 3 this year already?

Im with you on this one mate, you dont find gold without digging first.

Drunk?

Didn't Collingwood blood a ridiculous amount last year?

we did and it payed off. This year i think the boys have lost their endeavor to prove themselves on the pitch. Last year a lot of our new talent was played and none of them had a permanent role in the team yet.

The problem with this new line up is Toovey. What the hell were they thinking?? i would choose wellingham over toovey any day!

We did blood a lot of kids last year but we as a club have one of the highest amount of old players as well as young players on our list because we have so little of the inbetween group.

I would take a stab and of the whole competition our list now has the most players on it from say, 2000 - 2002 around there. The more alarming thing is most of them for the majority of this year most of them where still also part of the starting 22.

So the fact is we need to uncover new players to fill the gaps the old ones will leave.

I wouldn't include Didak and Shaw in that older group however as they are 2 of the few in that middle age.

I think their are a host of players who will retire and a fair few more who need to be eased out of the starting 22 and a lot more to be sacked too, we need good afl quality kids to fill the roles of all

O'Bree Burns Wakes Presti Rocca will all retire soon Rhyce Bj Tarks should all be looked at as players who should start to be eased out of the starting 22 especially the first 2. Lonie and Holland should be delisted asap

Thats 10 players, When you add Clement Bucks and Licca who went at the end of last year thats 13. Suprise suprise that is roughly the amount of debutants we have had over the past two years

i'd probably choose wellingham over cook also.

I love shaz as a prospect but he was woeful on the weekend and deserves to be dropped. He looks half hearted when chasing, was pushed out of contests easier then he has been in the past, tried to pick the ball up with one hand etc. He will be great but needs to be shown that the effort on friday night is not acceptable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love shaz as a prospect but he was woeful on the weekend and deserves to be dropped. He looks half hearted when chasing, was pushed out of contests easier then he has been in the past, tried to pick the ball up with one hand etc. He will be great but needs to be shown that the effort on friday night is not acceptable.

Agree. Up until last week, I was a strong advocate for playing Wellingham for the rest of the season, but some of his efforts against Hawthorn were v disappointing.

However, our backline looks too tall for the St Kilda forward line, so I'm tipping that there will be a late change or two and that Sharrod and Iles might still play.

future midfield prospects -

Wellingham
Mcarthy
Iles
Barnham
Cook
Thomas
Stanley
Pendlebury

Backline -

Brown
Clarke
Cox
Goldsack
Maxwell
O'brien
Shaw (Heath)

Foward Line -

Anthony
Cloke
Rusling
Reid
Dawes
Dick

All these players will probably still be at collingwood in the next 7 or 8 years. Did we recruit well enough?? I look at the forward line and see we have no small forwards apart from Dick after we've over compensated for our lack of power forwards.

future midfield prospects -

Wellingham
Mcarthy
Iles
Barnham
Cook
Thomas
Stanley
Pendlebury

Backline -

Brown
Clarke
Cox
Goldsack
Maxwell
O'brien
Shaw (Heath)

Foward Line -

Anthony
Cloke
Rusling
Reid
Dawes
Dick

All these players will probably still be at collingwood in the next 7 or 8 years. Did we recruit well enough?? I look at the forward line and see we have no small forwards apart from Dick after we've over compensated for our lack of power forwards.

Thomas is a small foward. Didak, Davis and Medhurst all have a fair way to go in their body. Of the midfielders only 1 is proven AFL quality. Our defence stocks are short on KPP and Smalls, we have a lot of inbetweens. Anthony could be another KPB

Theoretically, if you win more of the centre clearances and clearances around the ground you will score more goals rendering a gun defence pointless.
Jason Cloke looked good when our midfield pressure and ruck were on top and our forward line kicked goals. As soon as the AFL changed the rules on rucking effectivelly making our rucking stock useless it all went down hill for us in that department and J. Cloke was exposed.

Oh yeah, you can not make a statement that somoeone is or isn't at AFL level when they have never been given an opportunity to play at AFL level.

I also have to question our coaching department and whether we spend too much time on drills and strategy as oppose to learning how to kick with both feet, not kicking helicopter punts, and trying to hit the TD roof when passing to a team mate 20 meter away.

Were you at the game? Toovey was on Williams about 60% of the time and Williams did nothing during that time. Everyone was saying that he would rip us apart before the game.

Were you at the game? Toovey was on Williams about 60% of the time and Williams did nothing during that time. Everyone was saying that he would rip us apart before the game.

ok good tagging job. Just don't let him touch the ball because he'll lose it straight away. The only clean dispoasles he did went straight to a hawthorn player. He was also extremely hesitant on the loose ball. Watch tonight! you will see all those things i've mentioned. He does them in every AFL game he plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood renewal underway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back