Toast Round 20 = Collingwood 93-67 Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that mate,
But Richmond were ultra bad today and the opportunity for a massive much needed % boost was there and we didn’t take it.
We had the highest number of I50’s since RD 9, and a Season Record I50 marks of 20.
That indicates a major turnaround, that is far more important than the winning margin.
Do you think Voss will be ignoring those stats in his planning because we only won by 26 points?

just a stock standard bottom half of the ladder win. Nothing to really get excited about.
It was ordinary but I think having McStay and Cox shaking off the rust and getting back in the groove will help and they'll be better for the run. Dan looks to be in very good touch. Coxy will be better for the run.

A win is a win.

How you win doesn’t matter. It’s four points. I hope we have four more ugly wins to make the finals.

Some of you bananas need to understand Bytel, Long, Sullivan, Parker and Harrison were VFL players at the beginning of the season. Parker hasn’t even had an AFL pre season. All were supposed to be depth players. That is not top 23. None of them have forced their way into the team because of extraordinary form. They have been forced changes.

So how about you stand the dogs down and STFU again.

Then another group of players like Mcstay, Cox, Elliot, Pendles etc have had terrible injury interrupted seasons.

Sidebottom has not been able to get a rest he desperately needs. Shultz and hyphen have had to play as tall forwards. Long had to play in the ruck last week.

Our structure and team connection has been obliterated by the new comers and injuries.

Happy with the boys that represent us week in week out.

You idiots who have a crack at the newbies have no clue. Seriously. Celebrate the win.

We didn’t bring in Bytel to replace a Daicos. We wanted him and others for an occasional injury. We have been forced to play them.

Any win is a good win.

Ps. How did Sydney go with a couple of key players injured???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Taranto and Hopper trade was horrendous for the picks they gave up and the contracts they got
And Hopper has missed so much footy with injury. Anyone else think that Balta is a bit of a tease? BTW I thought Moore clearly beat Koshitsky. He had 13 intercepts and 14 1 percenters with K only kicking 1 goal. The other Darcy is a biggest improver of the year.

Needed percentage and they produce the most lackluster last Q ever seen.
The players don’t have the hunger this year, we just saw exhibit A.
I just did a ladder predictor on what I think will happen, with us winning every game (which I do not expect).

We still finish 10th on same points as 7th and 8th, on account of our rubbish percentage. Today was a chance to do something about that.

Anyway doubt we’ll win more than 2 of the remaining 4 games.

Nice to win again for the first time since 16th June. What a dry spell.

Interesting game, but we just wanted the win, so we take that, and keeps us relevant this season.
I liked Jaicos playing back. His usage in transition was good. Him and Naicos appeared to be everywhere...
McStay was clunking them well. I thought at times we should have used him more, and kicked long to him, instead of going around him.
Not sure how much longer Billy is going to play, but he could play at least another 3 years, the way he can still repeatedly leap for his marks,oh boy!! I thought he was excellent today.
Naicos was brilliant, as usual. I thought Moore looked better, particularly his marking, but l will wait until l see it against better opponents, to say he's turning the corner. Cameron very good all day, Coxy struggled around the ground but looked ok in the ruck. Think his role is to give us structure and give Cameron a chop out. Bobby was better and looked more upbeat and lively, despite his poor kicking at times.
Lipinski's form has deteriorated. Can't seem to get near it at the moment. Watching the game live, l hardly ever saw him with ball in hand. Hopefully his form reappears next week for Pendles 400th..
Crispy can lift next week, thought he was just ok today. Noble was quite good, turned it over a few times, but his run and carry is important to us.
Schultz l thought worked his way into the game, and it was good to see him finish with two goals....
All in all, l thought it was a 6.5/10 performance, we had some good moments but some really ordinary ones. At times the game looked like a match between two teams at the lower end of the ladder.
We just needed a win, as losing becomes a habit, so we have broken that losing streak and now hopefully it clears our minds, releases the pressure, and sets us on our way for the remaining rounds.....Go Pies!!!

Last edited:
How long before a thread doesn’t mention Ginnivan!!?
He’s an average player in a side that’s up and about. Oh he kicked two goals - SO DID NINE OTHER PLAYERS in that team. Getting sick of it. Head to the Hawks board flogs.

A Shultz led (he kicked two goals🤣) Pies won today Hey, Bobby kicked a couple too! amazing hey?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've got to be joking

You think a Ginnivan 2 goal, 1 mark, 1 tackle game was outstanding, but a Schultz 2 goal, 5 marks, 6 tackles game was poor?

Schultz game in all facets was much better than what Ginnivan produced today. Take the blinkers off buddy!!

Ginnivan : Disposals 14 Tackles 1 Goals 2.2 Score Involvements 6 Pressure acts 12

Schultz : Disposals 12 Tackles 6 Goals 2.1 Score Involvements 6
Pressure acts 27
Give it up. Schultz got it done after half time when the game was over. And Hill got him into the game Ginnivan is leading the Hawthorn fowards. It was a mistake.
Schultz is a role player and a very good one. That's it.

Give it up. Schultz got it done after half time when the game was over. And Hill got him into the game Ginnivan is leading the Hawthorn fowards. It was a mistake.
I think you're the one who should give it up.

Not sure if you watched or listened to the Hawks game, but Jack wasn't exactly setting the world on fire in the first half. He'd had 3 disposals at half time 🥴

Interesting take. I’ll use the same logic. Ginni had 3 disposals in the first half when the “game was there to be won”

That's what we look for "role players".
Ginni is useless in comparison.
His GF game was utterly terrible

And Hopper has missed so much footy with injury. Anyone else think that Balta is a bit of a tease? BTW I thought Moore clearly beat Koshitsky. He had 13 intercepts and 14 1 percenters with K only kicking 1 goal. The other Darcy is a biggest improver of the year.

I think Balta is an elite CHB

Now that the dust has settled. What a lazy 20 something point win day against the 18th team after leading by 41 points at 3/4time to limp over by 26 points.
Whilst teams like Hawhorn and Dogs put the foot on the throat and won well. Hawthorns percentage was 95% prior to the game against us last week. It is 104.5 to our 100.1
We will not make the 8 this year. We might be on game outside the 8 but we would need to rely on both the dogs and hawks losing a game and Collingwood winnig all remaing 4 games and by ridiculous margnis.

once we get labled a mathematical chance to make the 8, it is code for no chance.

Season over pies.

Playing wing is about holding space so you’re an outlet when needed.
He did that well and was considered with how he used the ball - 60% DE is quite respectable.
Bucks rated his game - that will do me.
Yes.
Providing the outlet when needed.
Problem is Bytel stops and props and stifles play. The opposition floods back and opportunity is lost. It’s killer.

One more thing.
I can’t believe how much he gesticulates, points and instructs other players. At one stage he was even directing Pendles.
You’d think he was a regular and senior player.
I hate him. He shits me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 20 = Collingwood 93-67 Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back