Collingwood Team of the 21st Century

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley, Pendles and Nick are better.
Maybe Swan is more damaging than Pendles even though he has everyone beaten for longevity and he is an ultra great. Nick might end up the best of the lot but Bucks at his best was brilliant and just as consistent as Pendles. Any takers anywhere for Sav who was a Copeland winner and a good contested mark and mark on the lead as well as being a thumping kick?

Maybe Swan is more damaging than Pendles even though he has everyone beaten for longevity and he is an ultra great. Nick might end up the best of the lot but Bucks at his best was brilliant and just as consistent as Pendles. Any takers anywhere for Sav who was a Copeland winner and a good contested mark and mark on the lead as well as being a thumping kick?
I love Sav, but he didn't play for us this century

Swan produced week after week year after year
Dane swan is one of the greatest Collingwood players ever
His stats say it all as part of his greatness
He starts in the middle of any Collingwood lineup no matter what gets said on here

Agreed.

The reason i currently dont have nick in the 18 is due to longevity but another season will be hard to ignore and the beauty of having him is he is versatile enough to be absolutely elite in any position and has already proven this so its not a hypothetical like AA selectors do with a lot of players.

I dont think thered be much argument he could play back flank or wing better than anyone else in this team so if youre picking a team youd rather have one with both swan and nick starting rather than one getting pushed out just cause we are trying to shoehorn them into their preferred position.

I cant imagine someone of swan’s calibre not being a starting player. His big game performances also seem to be underrated.

I can never resist these kinds of things.

FB: Clement - Prestigiacomo - Maxwell
HB: Shaw - Moore - Lumumba
C: Sidebottom - Buckley (vc) - Licuria
HF: Didak - Cloke - Beams
FF: Tarrant - A Rocca - Medhurst
FOL: Grundy - Pendlebury (c) - Swan
INT: Burns - L Davis - Adams - Lockyer
Coach: Mick Malthouse

HM / Emergencies: Jolly - Daisy - Ball - Reid
Revised this.

FB: Maynard - Clement - Shaw
HB: Crisp - Moore - N. Daicos
C: Sidebottom - Buckley (vc) - J. Daicos
HF: Didak - Cloke - Beams
FF: Tarrant - A. Rocca - Elliott
R: Grundy - Pendlebury (c) - Swan
INT: Licuria - Adams - Burns - Maxwell
SUB: D. Thomas
Coach: Macrae

Emergencies: Jolly - Ball - Reid - L. Davis

Nick has more career Brownlow votes than everyone except only three other eligible players from this century - Pendles, Bucks, and Swan.

He is already 12th all time in Brownlow votes for Collingwood, despite only playing three years!

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood Team of the 21st Century

Remove this Banner Ad

Back