List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022--> PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banging is much more humorous. Although Dan might have to file a police report if so many people are banging him. That can’t be all consensual.

Then we should have kept Grundy.... if we think we're challenging.

We challenged this year without him. The flag was won with a journeyman ruckman, and the swans had an even more travelled journeyman. The decision was made that we needed to fix other weaknesses in the list. Argue till the cows come if that’s the right call….. but either way it doesn’t mean they aren’t aiming to win the flag this year.

1 Make sure Henry doesn't leave by securing his contract before McStay.
2 If not McStay, one of Weideman, Schache, etc. Preferably Weideman.

Those were other options.
We were never getting his signature, regardless of money, position in the 22 etc. He was hellbent on going to Geelong and playing with his brother, everything else was just excuses made to justify his move because he knew that he was being pissweak.

So unsubtle Dino. I expected better from you. Vicky Park needs to go passive aggressive on the Cat bstard. There will surely be a meal or two in VP’s repertoire that he doesn’t like. A few nights on his non-preferred rations and he will work it out. And VP can just go “who, me?” if the clown is dumb enough to actually ask what is going on.

Edit: and if he doesn’t clue in, take it to the next level by inviting ppl around for dinner. Ppl he doesn’t like.

Mental disintegration

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can smell a BF mods reunion coming up

If we're thinking medium to long term, does that mean we have given up a crack at the flag next year? Sounds like it. Probably a good decision, but makes a joke out of bringing in Mitchell and not trading out some older players.
No on the contrary. Fly and the coaching group went older and experienced with the 22 this year and sounds like we are doubling down on that in 23 because they are having a tilt. Add McStay and Mitchell, who seem certainties for the 22, and we strip one of the older 22s in the comp next year. Doubt the younger part of the list are getting much of a look in next year if we stay injury free.

Henry was always leaving. The contract was just his first attempt at finding an excuse. Game time was his second. Homesickness third and brotherly love fourth.
I suspect he may have been given some tough love by Fly during the second half of the season too. After explaining what he needs to do get back in the team (incl the flaws in his game he needs to address), Ollie may have dropped his bundle.

No ticker.

I would have him over Poulter.

We also have Jetta, Leon and Krak to provide support.

But maybe Stack doesn’t want a career etc might prefer playing local footy with less pressure and demands
A la Phil Inn.

5th - Geelong food scene

6th- Geelong waterfront tours

7th - day trips to Portarlington

8th - pedalo boats in Corio Bay

9th - I'm stumped - what else is in/around Geelong?

10th - visits to the heritage listed historic wool stores (at least that’s what I do when I’m in Geelong)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this. He’s getting the silent treatment ATM, but I’m planning on upping the ante. Might ask one of his five sisters over. They are all older than him and (I think) tortured him as a child. Might help to explain some of his poor behaviour.
Five older sisters is a tough beat. You ever caught him wearing your clothes? You can bet he did his fair share of being dressed up as a chick.

Lol the SEN review of our period is farcical
Mcstay and Hill not in our best side?
Lol who writes this s**t?

McStay was targeted to play in our best side lacking key forward players.

Hill not on our best side?
We only chased him for 2 years running…purely because we want him to play in our VFL side…

Seriously….how some of these guys have jobs in the media is mind boggling.

Create hysteria around Collingwood = clicks = Fat Hutchy filling his wallet.

This is starting to give me the shits now going around the same ******* merry-go-round over and over again.

Just to be clear we can't afford to be pushing Moore into the ruck, McStay is not a full time ruck option even if we could afford to be pulling him out of the CHF spot we specifically grabbed him to fill, and none of the other names you all keep putting forward are anything close to AFL standard rucks.

IIt's like your all so excited at getting rid of Grundy's salary that you think we could throw anyone in the ruck if needs be and it wouldn't matter.

Let's just hope Cameron and Cox do stay upright, because it might end up being a very different reality if they are both missing for any extended period of time.

Yep and if Gawn and Grundy get injured, then the Dees are farked.

If we're thinking medium to long term, does that mean we have given up a crack at the flag next year? Sounds like it. Probably a good decision, but makes a joke out of bringing in Mitchell and not trading out some older players.
No. List managers are always thinking a couple of years ahead, and getting out of shitty long term contracts is the only way we’ll be able to afford and lure players like Ben King or Ben McKay next year.

We’ve improved our list vs last year also, so not sure how that is giving up on next years flag.

Don’t listen to people saying we have traded out a current star in Grundy… those people have not been following his recent games closely. And Henry wasn’t even a starting 22 player next year, and he knew it. It’s only the later years that his leaving may haunt us

No, I’m more boring than that. I literally like to stand outside and admire the old wool stores, or go inside if they are museums or galleries. I lead a very limited life.

But Lamby’s looks interesting. What’s it like? If Ollie goes there I could accidentally on purpose spill some wine on him.

10th - visits to the heritage listed historic wool stores (at least that’s what I do when I’m in Geelong)
The real reason Ollie had to go back to Geelong.
The fairy park in Anakie. Only 25 minute drive from Geelong, but an awfully tiresome 80 minute drive from Melbourne.

No, I’m more boring than that. I literally like to stand outside and admire the old wool stores, or go inside if they are museums or galleries. I lead a very limited life.

But Lamby’s looks interesting. What’s it like? If Ollie goes there I could accidentally on purpose spill some wine on him.
I haven't been there for thirty years. So, my opinion isn't reliable. Those buildings though always sort of fascinated me although they were pretty drab n my time

The real reason Ollie had to go back to Geelong.
The fairy park in Anakie. Only 25 minute drive from Geelong, but an awfully tiresome 80 minute drive from Melbourne.

I used to share a house with a bloke whose father built that place. He probably owns it these days. I doubt if Ollie would feel safe in Anakie. The Anakie boys were pretty rough and ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back