List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022--> PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People were saying Jezza Cameron was 100% coming to the Pies for years, like before he signed his last contract with GWS, we know how that ended up.

Same with Tom Lynch.

Don’t get your hopes up about landing an elite KPF, via trade or fa all we’ve got in 17 years is Q Lynch, J White, Krueger and McStay lmao

Hardly names that excite, imo Mihocek is better than all of them. He’s probably got 1 maybe 2 solid goal kicking years left.

Would be nice to land a big fish KPF but it’s bloody tough, clearly we haven’t been seen as a destination club in the past, hopefully that can change…
Nobody young, virile, talented and important wants to come to us. The best we can attract are draught horse types or players close to supplying the game with the next generation of father sons.

No big fish likes the smell of our bait. At our best, we might be someone's back up plan, not their initial destination. But, a bit like Australia, we like to believe there's something special that the rest of the world sees in us. There's always gonna be the next big fish to be landed, but it's more likely to be hauled on the deck of a more appealing boat by a more appealing crew.

Last edited:
People were saying Jezza Cameron was 100% coming to the Pies for years, like before he signed his last contract with GWS, we know how that ended up.

Same with Tom Lynch.

Don’t get your hopes up about landing an elite KPF, via trade or fa all we’ve got in 17 years is Q Lynch, J White, Krueger and McStay lmao

Hardly names that excite, imo Mihocek is better than all of them. He’s probably got 1 maybe 2 solid goal kicking years left.

Would be nice to land a big fish KPF but it’s bloody tough, clearly we haven’t been seen as a destination club in the past, hopefully that can change…
Difficult to see why a leading player would be loathe to enter into an extended contract with CFC??? Let alone an indigenous one.

Last edited:
Landing a Collingwood fish

81190636-trophy-fishing-small-fish-on-fishing-line-an-old-fish-landing-net-sunny-landscape-with-water-concept.jpg

All other teams landing fish

close-up-big-caught-fish-hands-fisherman-holding-landing-net-pike-concepts-successful-fishing-109474045.jpg

Nobody young, virile, talented and important wants to come to us. The best we can attract are draught horse types or players close to supplying the game with the next generation of father sons.

No big fish likes the smell of our bait. At our best, we might be someone's back up plan, not their initial destination. But, a bit like Australia, we like to believe there's something special that the rest of the world sees in us. There's always gonna be the next big fish to be landed, but it's more likely to be hauled on the deck of a more appealing boat by a more appealing crew.
If the bait (dollars) is right then big fish are less concerned who’s line they are caught by.

When was the last time we made the best dollar offer and we’re rejected?

Ethan Phillips the 2022 VFL Fothergill-Round-Mitchell Medal winner didn't end up being selected.

If we wanted to add to our key defensive stocks for next season then could he be a possibility to train with us?

Probably not as it seems like we may be content with our key tall options for 2023.

How about another West Australian in Sam Gilbey to keep Allan company and considered the best player overlooked after today's rookie draft according to fox footy/champion data ranking?

Mitch Szybkowski and Adam D’Aloia a couple of other players overlooked that I recall being mentioned in the lead up to the national draft.

A mature back up ruck is the only obvious renaming need imo

Have Cameron and Cox… and then young Begg…

Plus a bunch of others who can pinch hit

But for mine if Naismith is fit and injury free as he says he is… he’s perfect ready to play rookie depth for a team that has claims on top 4-6

A mature back up ruck is the only obvious renaming need imo

Have Cameron and Cox… and then young Begg…

Plus a bunch of others who can pinch hit

But for mine if Naismith is fit and injury free as he says he is… he’s perfect ready to play rookie depth for a team that has claims on top 4-6

Would you even bother after 3 knee injuries and just 2 games (senior AFL?) since 2017?

How about that fat bastard who outpointed Grundy on his VFL return last year? :p

Previously on the Gold Coast list I believe, seems to be a bit of a campaigner, strong and naturally aggressive which I like in my ruck options, just needs to stay off the nose beers and KFC.

Would you even bother after 3 knee injuries and just 2 games (senior AFL?) since 2017?

How about that fat bastard who outpointed Grundy on his VFL return last year? :p

Previously on the Gold Coast list I believe, seems to be a bit of a campaigner, strong and naturally aggressive which I like in my ruck options, just needs to stay off the nose beers and KFC.

There’s obviously that risk with Naismith but he’s a quality ruck…

and a gradual preseason and measured build up in the VFL might be what he needs… what the pies need… so that their is some big bodied, experienced ruck depth come 2023 finals

I’d rather take a punt on him or another mature age ruck… than rely on undersized, inexperienced Begg to win the hit out count in a crucial elimination game

There’s obviously that risk with Naismith but he’s a quality ruck…

and a gradual preseason and measured build up in the VFL might be what he needs… what the pies need… so that their is some big bodied, experienced ruck depth come 2023 finals

I’d rather take a punt on him or another mature age ruck… than rely on undersized, inexperienced Begg to win the hit out count in a crucial eliminati

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So morose mate. There's plenty to be excited about with this team.

So morose mate. There's plenty to be excited about with this team.
Who's being morose!? The only fish I will eat are large ones, hence my concern about our trading. If anyone has eaten a sardine or similar, I will not even allow them in my car if the smell still lingers on their breath. As for excitement, I will save that until such time as our new recruits become more than just names, photos and flashes of media fluff, or videos which highlight only their best moments and ignore their worst.

I did read the whole list, I just pointed out the one's that weren't in competition.
The club are talking hb for Richards. So when you pare it down, you've got Hill and Reef as two in addition to the guys who were best 22 last year, probably Harrison too. In terms of Harrison and Draper not having shown much yet, I agree, but neither has Reef as a mid yet. The other two have shown a bit more mid nous from what I've seen.
What I've seen of Reef in midfield at AFL level was far more impressive than anything seen from Harrison and Draper. Because they haven't even played at AFL level. It was also more impressive than anything shown by Macrae. Carmicheal arguably showed more, but his poor disposal made it a wash. Reef was dynamic anywhere he played, he just clearly didn't have the tank for it, which meant he was very in and out of the game. He's the number one young player on the whole list for me, attribute wise in terms of what the Pies ideally need in a developing midfield player. He gets that tank up to snuff, he should be straight in the guts. He will obviously also get forward opportunities, but we've been looking for a midfielder with his attributes for years.

What I've seen of Reef in midfield at AFL level was far more impressive than anything seen from Harrison and Draper. Because they haven't even played at AFL level. It was also more impressive than anything shown by Macrae. Carmicheal arguably showed more, but his poor disposal made it a wash. Reef was dynamic anywhere he played, he just clearly didn't have the tank for it, which meant he was very in and out of the game. He's the number one young player on the whole list for me, attribute wise in terms of what the Pies ideally need in a developing midfield player. He gets that tank up to snuff, he should be straight in the guts. He will obviously also get forward opportunities, but we've been looking for a midfielder with his attributes for years.
Maybe number 1 behind Naics!

Who's being morose!? The only fish I will eat are large ones, hence my concern about our trading. If anyone has eaten a sardine or similar, I will not even allow them in my car if the smell still lingers on their breath. As for excitement, I will save that until such time as our new recruits become more than just names, photos and flashes of media fluff, or videos which highlight only their best moments and ignore their worst.
They say ‘small fish are sweet’.

I don't think you've seen anything of Reef in the midfield at AFL, unless you have a time machine.

You think that he'll be an AFL mid in the near future. I don't. I haven't seen anything to make me think that at all. I think that's years away,except for the odd stoppage. I'm hoping he's an AFL forward in the near future.

Time will tell whose right.

Morose? I think I meant verbose 🤗

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back