List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

I wholly agree with your last sentence. We got ourselves into this mess. There’s nobody else to blame and we’re continuing to pay a price to fix it.

One thing though. You keep referring to Grundy as an AA player. How many seasons ago was that? I think even Grundy’s biggest supporters would agree that in recent times he has been a shadow of his former best. And now he’s had PCL and stress fracture injuries too.

Continuing to refer to him as an AA player and expecting top tier compensation because of it is unrealistic. On the same basis you could say that Sidey and Pendles are both AA players and we all know that their trade values are close to zero at this late stage of their careers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He's 28. There is no reason with a good preseason he can't recapture form, especially given his body will be rested off a year out.
At 28 both Sidebum and Pendles you'd be demanding first round compo if you want to use them.

Even with his flaws he is still one of the comps top Ruckmen/followers.

He is definitely worthy of a top 18 pick still.

Yep if Ollie's not there then he's out the door already (pretty much the first sign that someone is leaving is them not being at the players get together), Ash coming on so well probably has more than a bit to do with it from the club's perspective.

It's a shame though, because Ollie + Ash + a decent tall KPF could have grown into a tall forward trio which could have complimented each other for us in really nice (read dangerous) way looking ahead.

Agree, if he was staying we would have heard something by now.

It is more than a shame. It's top end talent walking out the door.

I'm not sure we are in the position to take a high risk prospect like Keeler, at least with a high pick. We need to really nail these early picks for our next generation which is a tad thin. Keeler is obviously talented, but i watched him in a few games and he is extremely laconic and looks like's playing in the park on a Sunday afternoon. Does he have the natural intensity and physicality to make it in his position at the highest level? His body shape as an 18 year old playing sport is also a bit of a question mark for me. Cal Twomey has him at 29 on his latest form guide, so for a guy with his tools to not be lower there's probably some question marks with recruiters as well.

Will leave it to the experts, maybe those who know him might actually see he's the most driven competitive kid, but I don't know. As a later pick I'd happy to give him a crack but I suspect he goes to one of the Adelaide clubs. We badly need KP talent but brining him in as the great white hope isn't it, imo.

The laconicness is the concern but similarly so was Paddy Ryder, I know 2 different people so largely irrelevant but could be similar in application.

You assume it’s a five year wait, I’m optimistic we’ll get a couple of the kids put their hands up in 2023. Harrison, Macrae, and McInnes in particular. I’d rather they get that opportunity rather than delay their progress because we’ve added a NQR player through a trade. He may well be 2023’s Patty Lipinski, but he could just as easily end up 2023’s Tim Golds or Henry Schade.

I don’t buy into the age profile concerns. It can change quickly and we do little to change the profile by delisted a 24-25yo Cal Brown and adding a (currently) 25yo Fiorini.
Golds and Schache werent polling brownlow votes... and Fiorini hasnt been delisted like Cal. He has already proven himself to be twice the player Cal is. Whilst Cal also shouldve been delisted or traded 3 years ago

With Franklin signing another year shouldnt we be trying to get Amartey or Hayden McLean?

Whilst I agree to a point, the top 5 is far from locked at this point. At this stage last year, Cal Twomey had Arlo Draper ranked at about 5 or 6 iirc…

The “trade up for x player” scenarios are largely redundant until after the season is over, once there is a little more clarity around draft rankings.
That's why I was so pumped to get Arlo. Remember hearing his name (it's one you can't forget) and thinking we'll never get him. We did but he's a slider. If he has a good pre-season, think we might have a strong player on our hands.

Whilst I agree to a point, the top 5 is far from locked at this point. At this stage last year, Cal Twomey had Arlo Draper ranked at about 5 or 6 iirc…

The “trade up for x player” scenarios are largely redundant until after the season is over, once there is a little more clarity around draft rankings.
All true however Spinny keeps saying trade up to get Cadman at 5.

Ain't going to happen.

Ollie is gone.

Hopefully we get their first. Or a pick and a player.

Such a shame and disappointing he would give up so easily. Oh well. His life.

Don't want players/people like him at the Club.

I still think that was Henry's Plan even before he was Drafted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, today I see an old client of mine.
He’s been seeing me since he was 9.
He’s now a Richmond Premiership player in his early twenties.
We’ll call him “Bob”.
And so, we are talking how Richmond are right in the frame for next year’s flag, particularly if they land Hopper and Taranto.
I ask him, how the hell are they going to get it done?
He says, “we just will.”
Bob tells me that he’s had his pay cut to allow the GWS boys in, but it will come back (ie back ended).
I asked, “why can’t Collingwood do this.”
He looks at me square and says, “everybody knows Richmond pays less but everybody still wants to come to us because they got a chance to win”
He shrugs his shoulders and says,” I suppose it all depends on what’s important to you.”
And so, there you have it.
There is the difference between Richmond and us and everybody else.
And that is what Fly and GW are trying to create.
And there is the difference between “Bob” and Brodie Grundy.
Except they were ninthmond for decades. I can't see them winning another GF by loading up with Taranto and Hopper.

Recent F/S and NGA selections have impacted our general drafting. We’ve added 2x Brown’s, IQ, Kelly, McInnes, A2B2, 2x Daicos’s over the last 1/2 dozen drafts. They don’t arrive at the club without cost, 3 of them have now departed.

Nick Daicos is a Monty to be an A grader, his brother could potentially get there as well.

What’s your point?

Bottom line - we have torched an extraordinary number of 1st and 2nd round picks and only father-son, NGA and mid-season draft picks have kept us competitive. Surely that’s just a statement of fact and not in dispute?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How do you know Ollie is gone?
Just been told by someone that knows the family. She wasn't sure before now. But he is going to Bali. He is gonna watch Jack on saturday though. Whether a Cats win would change his mind or not, I'm not sure.

But it helps in the medium to long term.

Can't be too short sighted given the lists position.

Can't be Daicos kicking to bupkis. I don't think I can do another decade of undersized role playing forward lines.

I agree and i've said the same. Ideally we need someone for now and someone for later. If we draft a key forward, I don't want to see whoever is drafted saddled with unrealistic expectations and their development ruined by rushing them in before they're ready. That's with an eye on 3+ years time (if we're lucky) not next year.

Ollie is gone.

Hopefully we get their first. Or a pick and a player.

Such a shame and disappointing he would give up so easily. Oh well. His life.
This rising generation have been conditioned to believe they can have it all and deserve to.

Mostly they grow out of it but some expect the silver plate service for a McDonald's outlay of effort.

It will continue to happen more and more often.

Sad when you know the potential is all there and they won't do what's necessary.

Except they were ninthmond for decades. I can't see them winning another GF by loading up with Taranto and Hopper.
“Bob” reckons they were having a full on crack this year and were spewin they got rolled by the Brions.
The belief at Richmond is strong.
I love that.
I understand where McRae’s “think like winners” and “get off the floor” comes from.
I feel so confident with Fly as our coach.
I’ve never been this enthusiastic about an upcoming season.

This rising generation have been conditioned to believe they can have it all and deserve to.

Mostly they grow out of it but some expect the silver plate service for a McDonald's outlay of effort.

It will continue to happen more and more often.

Sad when you know the potential is all there and they won't do what's necessary.

"This rising generation...." do you reckon you can spare us the sanctimony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back