List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey everyone - I come in peace.

Question for my fellow track watchers:

How was Markov looking in the pre-season? Did he look out of place in comparison to your other HBFs (N. Daicos, IQ, Noble etc.)? I'm wondering if he'll be a VFL player/emergency AFL depth or if we think he could fill a role in the seniors early for us.

Cheers.

How was Markov looking in the pre-season? Did he look out of place in comparison to your other HBFs (N. Daicos, IQ, Noble etc.)? I'm wondering if he'll be a VFL player/emergency AFL depth or if we think he could fill a role in the seniors early for us.

Cheers.
Very quick.

Cheers.
Just about every player looks out of place compared to Nick .

Cheers.
He was looking better than N. Daicos and IQ, but not as good as Johnny F***ing Noble.

Cheers.

Has real pace. And good skills from what I saw. Sometimes he wouldn’t stand out but blend in you would forget he was there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't know if IP gets shared among players going to different clubs, clubs generally know how other clubs play.

I'm more concerned that we're signing another rookie ruck and dusting our hands going "ruck depth issue solved."
Surely there would by NDA. But I would hope most clubs would be in the know of how their opposition plays.

Markov: Collingwood will play an attacking, fast game of footy with run and carry out of defence. WHE is moving to defence, Nick Daicos will have more midfield minutes. And they've signed a secret weapon by the name of Oscar Steene.

Carlton: This is what we needed to know in R23.

I agree about the rookie ruck situation. Cox has a few years left max (guy didn't start playing until 24 so his body will wear down differently to kids who have played for years) and Cameron is getting older. If they go down, it means that Frampton, McStay or someone else is going to have to step up which is less than ideal. I suppose we do have the mid-season draft but it doesn't seem very proactive when we could just sign a TALL forward-ruck from the state leagues and solve TWO problems. Ruck depth and forward.

Surely there would by NDA. But I would hope most clubs would be in the know of how their opposition plays.

Markov: Collingwood will play an attacking, fast game of footy with run and carry out of defence. WHE is moving to defence, Nick Daicos will have more midfield minutes. And they've signed a secret weapon by the name of Oscar Steene.

I agree about the rookie ruck situation. Cox has a few years left max (guy didn't start playing until 24 so his body will wear down differently to kids who have played for years) and Cameron is getting older. If they go down, it means that Frampton, McStay or someone else is going to have to step up which is less than ideal. I suppose we do have the mid-season draft but it doesn't seem very proactive when we could just sign a TALL forward-ruck from the state leagues and solve TWO problems. Ruck depth and forward.
The players can say whatever they like.
The coaches can work out any teams gameplan easily by just watching.
The coaches job is to inspire and stay one step ahead continuously.
Easier to do at the end of every year at draft time. Bringing in the type of player that will further the teams gameplan.

The way Collingwood plays is obvious to all but there is so much more to it.

If I’m an aspiring AFL ruckman, I’m not going to Collingwood to play behind Cameron and Cox. No guarantee the team will even include two ruckmen most weeks, given they have McStay and Kreuger potentially helping out for 15% game time.

We need Cameron to continue his improvement as an AFL footballer. Cox, Steene and Begg suggests VFL rucks covered.

[Grundy, Cameron, Steene and Begg - with Cox VFL ruck and VC would have been a good balance.]

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ooh that didn't age well, perhaps don't laugh til you know who the joke really is. 😂
The injury to Cameron probably helped in the decision, but if it had of been Murphy or Howe getting injured, it may have tipped the scales in the favour of Markov. Back when Markov first started training it was probably an even money bet.

The injury to Cameron probably helped in the decision, but if it had of been Murphy or Howe getting injured, it may have tipped the scales in the favour of Markov. Back when Markov first started training it was probably an even money bet.
Yeah probably started even, but as of last week, Steene was just ahead given how impressive his summer has been, and a list need. Then cameron's injury scare prob came a reminder in our ruck stocks.

we needed a ruckman to replace Grundy's spot on the list so he probably started ahead.
Yeah, post trade period its the thing that wright mentioned, if we didn't get a ruck in the draft; we'd train someone over summer.
And that's exactly what happened.

Markov's inclusion just threw a spanner in the works that didn't quite make sense.

Ooh that didn't age well, perhaps don't laugh til you know who the joke really is. 😂
Reading comprehension not your strong suit Dudebro? I didn't say Steene wouldn't get the gig, I pointed out that he can't have been a certainty if they were still inviting Markov to train.

They only signed Steene today. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, post trade period its the thing that wright mentioned, if we didn't get a ruck in the draft; we'd train someone over summer.
And that's exactly what happened.

Markov's inclusion just threw a spanner in the works that didn't quite make sense.
We want extra run off halfback, which Markov would have provided. It also explains the move of WHE to that position.

You know what I mean. Given they always were looking to the future with Oscar. If they wanted a mature ruck could have found one to invite down

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spot on Jen2310 IF we where looking for a Ruck that can play Straight Away we would got 1 or 2 to Train with us

I don't know if IP gets shared among players going to different clubs, clubs generally know how other clubs play.

I'm more concerned that we're signing another rookie ruck and dusting our hands going "ruck depth issue solved."
So your concerned with our ruck issues, but upset we’ve taken a punt on a kid as a rookie ruck to start trying to address it? I mean, it’s a start atleast.

We want extra run off halfback, which Markov would have provided. It also explains the move of WHE to that position.
Seriously? Between Moore, Noble, IQ, Maynard, Daicos and even Howe, I’m pretty sure we have run off half back well and truly covered. Markov would have been depth, nothing more. I’m sure his run off half back in the VFL would have been thrilling, but personally I’m happy to have a genuine ruckman developing now rather than an undersized ruck/forward taking the main role in the twos most weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back