List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I mean.

Grundy is a b grade ruck these days.
Adams is good yes but getting on
Hamling is as injury prone as they get

I don't think he is a B grade ruck. Think he still has many good years left.

What he isn't is a million dollar ruck or player and never was.

Had his wage been 700k I'd wager he'd be a premiership player right now.

I mean.

Grundy is a b grade ruck these days.
Adams is good yes but getting on
Hamling is as injury prone as they get
Grundy is a good player
However he can’t mark over his head and hits the ball often to the opposition
Cox was fantastic this year at hitting to our players or their advantage .
Adams was a great warrior but there were games this year I was literally tearing my hair out with his disposal and turnovers
Mccrae lepper want people that can kick accurately And have effective disposals

Not so sure about that. Initially it was seen to be a massive coup for Melbourne. Was going to get them another flag, was the mentality in the media.
I’m sure the plan was for Grundy to be the number one ruck with Gawn as two and playing forward. But Gawn is no more a forward than Grundy.

Media just selling papers look here on BF most people thought out of all the clubs chasing him Melbourne was his worst option.

Many had doubts on the fact he and Gawn both need to play main ruck and for large periods. And neither had shown the ability to perform full time as a fwd.

Absolutely crazy how the AFL has compromised the draft to help North Melbourne.

The secret herbs and spices free agency compensation for Mackay for pick 3 - complete and utter joke. What did AFL give Hawks for Buddy - pick 19 or 20.

I know a few Freo supporters who lament the draft concessions afforded to North Melbourne. I would have shipped them off to Tassie years ago - North that is.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hawks got the exact same compo North got, compo always falls the pick after the team's pick in the relevant round (as indicated by the ladder for bottom 10 sides or their post-finals position for top 8 sides).

I never got why people complained about it tbh, the compo system is what it is and is meant to benefit players leaving clubs at the bottom of the ladder more than those at the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My dad left school at 13 and could barely read or write until the day he died. Was the hardest working person I have ever known and by the time he passed away he had left my mum(who also worked very hard) a considerable sum of money. In my experience poor grammar has far more to do with level of education than work ethic. I know plenty of people who have great grammar but fail at life because they don’t know how to handle the real world due to mummy and daddy putting a silver spoon in their mouth.

You’re coming across as a real jerk.

Do Sydney need Adams? Parker and Mills are both better kicks and they have Warner, Gulden and Rowbottom who will all take aloy of centre bounces. The aim is not to be nervous about helping others, it's about improving what we have, and Schultz has all Australian Squad style tracking whilst Adams is getting older and can be a turnover liability in the centre.
Mills will miss a good chunk of the season. Agree on Warner and Gulden, but equally you don’t want them betting bashed up - that’s what they want Tay for (and what he’s being promised).

I’ll be more concerned about this if Schultz costs us 19 and 33. So, losing a VC, and all the things I’ve described about Tay, plus our first selection for Schultz (who I really rate mind you). Pretty bad result.

Hawks got the exact same compo North got, compo always falls the pick after the team's pick in the relevant round (as indicated by the ladder for bottom 10 sides or their post-finals position for top 8 sides).

I never got why people complained about it tbh, the compo system is what it is and is meant to benefit players leaving clubs at the bottom of the ladder more than those at the top.
That’s why I’m worried.
Hawthorn, incidentally under Alistair Clarkson (doing it again), managed a three-peat in the modern era.
Only achieved by Brisbane with their massive concessions to salary cap etc.

Heeeyyyy someone understands what I said if we didn’t turn pick 5 and 25 into DeGoey and Greenwood no one would disagree but WE got JDG and Greenwood Brisbane didn’t hand them over in a trade we made the trade work but at time of the trade even Hine wasn’t happy he was aiming for more but we had to except what they had that’s why they threw in Crisp as steak knives but he turned into 3 times the player we had hoped for
In a system that didn’t have future picks available for trade yet, to get a top 5 pick, an early second rounder and an emerging young player for Beams, was a very good return by any metric. You’re being ridiculous.

Do Sydney need Adams? Parker and Mills are both better kicks and they have Warner, Gulden and Rowbottom who will all take aloy of centre bounces. The aim is not to be nervous about helping others, it's about improving what we have, and Schultz has all Australian Squad style tracking whilst Adams is getting older and can be a turnover liability in the centre.
They having one last flag tilt I think in terms of Horse at the helm.

Parker doesn't spend too much time mid anymore and adams in and under protects Warner/Rowbottom more.

My dad left school at 13 and could barely read or write until the day he died. Was the hardest working person I have ever known and by the time he passed away he had left my mum(who also worked very hard) a considerable sum of money. In my experience poor grammar has far more to do with level of education than work ethic. I know plenty of people who have great grammar but fail at life because they don’t know how to handle the real world due to mummy and daddy putting a silver spoon in their mouth.

You’re coming across as a real jerk.

He's called me 'pompous' and told me how sad my life is.

He had a crack at davywap and said he needed reading lessons.

He's being disrespectful and the punctuation is the only issue with his writing - he has a vocab etc. It's laziness.

I do hear you, but if you go back and see how he responded to davywap - that's why I'm being a jerk. Telling someone to read slower so they understand is asking for it

Mate, have a bit of respect.
The poster he’s talking to has been throwing shade at other posters who disagree with them all afternoon. Why should he show them any respect, when they’re clearly not doing that for anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back