List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. And me too. But this is not a megatrade. It’s just Collingwood doing 3 simple trades in sequence

Adams for 33.

19 and 33 for 11.

11 for Shultz.

Nothing mega about it.
I love Schultz as a target, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather keep 11. I know he's highly rated, and would arguably be our best small forward alongside Elliott, but he was also delisted by Freo. 11 seems overs to me. We've got so many areas of need, in addition to aging players, that even though his position and style suits us to the ground, I feel like there are some other areas that are more critical moving forward, like another good key defender, and another young midfielder. If we do that deal I won't complain, but it doesn't strike me as being clear cut, yeah, we acquire pick 11 and we should offload it for Schultz.

I mean.

Grundy is a b grade ruck these days.
Adams is good yes but getting on
Hamling is as injury prone as they get
I’m backing Grundy to revert to A grade up there. They’ll sort him out. He will nearly be able to ruck out full games up there on the postage stamp. More generally, despite his suggestions otherwise, I expect he will have a point to prove as well.

I love Schultz as a target, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather keep 11. I know he's highly rated, and would arguably be our best small forward alongside Elliott, but he was also delisted by Freo. 11 seems overs to me. We've got so many areas of need, in addition to aging players, that even though his position and style suits us to the ground, I feel like there are some other areas that are more critical moving forward, like another good key defender, and another young midfielder. If we do that deal I won't complain, but it doesn't strike me as being clear cut, yeah, we acquire pick 11 and we should offload it for Schultz.

Melbourne now have pick 11 so you don't need to worry about it mate.

The Adam's trade seems about right, sure maybe somewhere in the mid 20's would have been nicer, but this wasn't worlds apart.

I think it's just delusional to think he was going to he worth a late 1st rounder or anything like that. I think he is a valuable player to the Pies, but he is in his 30's. This was always going to be around the price.

I wouldn't be happy if Collingwood paid someone in their 30's too high either.

Very good player Adam's was, I valued him highly for contested ball. But reading through matchday threads, he was always criticised for ball use and turnovers anyways 🤷

Not surprised with Tay leaving, not sure why we still had him in our leadership group this season tbh. Felt over the last couple of years he was a decent offer away from an oppo club from leaving...
Good luck to him.

Last edited:
GW is up to something I reckon.

To let Adams go so easily before signing Schultz?

I don't rate Adams as highly as others. But he was our vice captain and still had a year on his contract so it does seem a bit odd?

I cannot imagine Sydney would have made our life that easy had Adams been a Swans player?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a system that didn’t have future picks available for trade yet, to get a top 5 pick, an early second rounder and an emerging young player for Beams, was a very good return by any metric. You’re being ridiculous.

Iirc it was considered solid result but not as good as many predicted to get, as teams were still getting double firsts back then for stars.

I don't rate Adams as highly as others. But he was our vice captain and still had a year on his contract so it does seem a bit odd?

I cannot imagine Sydney would have made our life that easy had Adams been a Swans player?

Lol they haggled us into submission over a rookie listed that they only offered a contract too very late and after our interest in Murray.

Maybe. And me too. But this is not a megatrade. It’s just Collingwood doing 3 simple trades in sequence

Adams for 33.

19 and 33 for 11.

11 for Shultz.

Nothing mega about it.

No Team would drop 8 Spots for that Trade

would we need Adams off the Books as we go over the Salary Cap with both Adams and Schultz on the List?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back