List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Sullivan gets a run

… but I wonder why multiple times the dogs have been touted to recruit him but have failed to ?

Probably got too many mids as it is? It’s why Lippa and Dunkley left. They are now playing even mids in other roles (libba forward, macrae wing, smith forward)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a68151ca967f79faba460eeda28d4448.jpg

9e9e149818bc585f9e59c4dfb2cfe6e0.jpg

cdce8a9fd86baedbe7b4616d40e482a8.jpg

e887e1de01972307d5d4174a21bec122.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting Leggy vibes from this. Not just the 'running' part. But rather the feeling unloved aspect and getting another opportunity when he least expected it.
I don't know how fast he is, but he sounds like he has Sidey-esque endurance.
And a good ball user too.

On board with Sullivan. He won enough awards at VFL level. He has a shot of succeeding at AFL level. You don't win coaches' votes for nothing. We want ready-made players who can challenge, not guys who might make it. By recruiting established talent, we ease the pain of losing our ageing stars later. Namely, Pendles, Sidey and Crisp. Clearly, we want a midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm getting Leggy vibes from this. Not just the 'running' part. But rather the feeling unloved aspect and getting another opportunity when he least expected it.
I think plucking humble players and letting them earn the spot rather than handing it out really makes them work for it. Leggy has gone from free to a good home to premiership player. What a story and there will be more.

Their midfield is pretty stacked
He seems to be the next VFL player they'll recruit but never get around to it.

It'll be a battle between him and Hustwaite to see who gets it because surely we go for Eyre with our second pick and another tall with the third.

I think plucking humble players and letting them earn the spot rather than handing it out really makes them work for it. Leggy has gone from free to a good home to premiership player. What a story and there will be more.
I love the way the club is using the SSP & trialling so many different players who missed their opportunity elsewhere.

Only problem is getting attached to them before they get selected 😆

Short and 26.
180cm is not tall but it's not short. Just average, slightly below maybe.

Age is really a number. If he wins us our next flag, it doesn't matter and whilst we're in the window, it doesn't matter.

Some might say this is a bold call, but he's achieved more at VFL level than Ash Johnson who is the same age and we're expecting the latter to star at CHF next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back